Free Cigars at cvmcigars.com

Started by ljlemer, 10/05/2007 12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ljlemer

"Six of their bestselling cigars" for free, just pay like $8.50 postage. I took a chance and just got the cigars. Here they are:

Trinidad & Cia (Nic) corona, natural
Mayorga (Nic) rothschild-sized belicoso, maduro box-pressed
Consuegra Churchill maduro
La Finca rothschild maduro
El Credito long Lonsdale, maduro
Old Fashioned, corona maduro.

The Mayorga and La Finca look like they could be premium quality, the rest look like bargain basement. Would you buy this batch for $8.50? I truly doubt that these are all best sellers.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

theoldcc

I thought I remember someone else ordering the freebie from CVM.  It was Paul, but it looks like he got some real crap ones.  I found this searching the forums:
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=112.0

QuoteI also ordered the freebie from CVM. It came with 6 low end cigars: 3 x El Credito, 2 x El Cauto, and a Trinidad y Cia Double Corona. I can't say I was excited to see these but at about a buck a stick with S&H who knows. At some point i'll try them or hand them out to moochers who dont smoke enough to know the difference.

-Paul
"The most interesting information comes from children, for
they tell all they know and then stop." - Mark Twain
My Smokes

ljlemer

Yes, I did better. And I got more variety.

Thomas Mann

ljlemer

Here's a description of some of them from the website where I got them:

Consuegra:

This brand is the Holy Grail for those serious cigar smokers who appreciate a full rich tasting cigar and want it at a serious discount. They are the bundled segundos and production overruns made at the famed Villazon factory in Honduras - the makers of Punch, Hoyo de Monterrey, Excalibur, El Rey del Mundo.

El Credito:

El Credito cigars offer you superb quality, handmade in the Cuban tradition, at moderate prices. Packed in bundles at the El Credito Factory in Miami, FL, El Credito contains the same high-quality Dominican and Nicaraguan filler leaves and Ecuadorian Connecticut seed wrappers as its popular sister label, La Gloria Cubana. Glowing reviews from many of our customer's have made El Credito one of the best-selling brands we stock. As everyday cigars go, El Credito is a real winner!

Old Fashioned:

When the cigar rollers start rolling the cigars, they use the same tobacco & wrapper as firsts. When the product is finished and the high standards of the manufacturer are applied to the selection, small imperfections are found. Those cigars become seconds. The imperfections are rarely noticeable to the naked eye, but the tobacco used is the same as the cigars labeled under the prestigious Macanudo line. Without a doubt, these have to be the "best kept secret in the cigar business" Seconds contain the same tobacco & wrapper as firsts, however, because of their imperfections, they vary with darkness and lightness as well as size. Old Fashioned Dominican   Old Fashioned Honduras       

Trinidad y CIA:   Trinidad y CIA is a tremendous bargain for the cigar smoker. Constructed with quality table cuttings remaining from the making of long-filler premium cigars, these are a great tasting, medium-bodied handmade with a sun-grown Ecuador Sumatran wrapper. You can now smoke a genuine handmade cigar for less than many machine made!

La Finca:

This all Nicaraguan puro is medium body with a nutty, naturally sweet flavor. Paired with it's economical prices, this has become Nicarauqua's largest selling brand and a steady favorite among a great many of our customers and the reason is simple. A whole lot of cigar for not so much money. Try a box today, or try a bundle of La Finca which offers the same great cigars at an even lower price.

Mayorga-Nicaragua:  Mayorga cigars are fantastic Nicaraguan stogies blended by famous Nestor Placencia. Selected Cuban-seed filler and binder wrapped in spicy Habana 2000 or robust Costa Rican dark maduro wrapper produce consistent aromatic smoke loaded with creamy coffee flavors, that rewards the smoker with a long lingering finish. Mayorga cigars offer an exceptional value for the money.

I didn't get this one, but Paul did:

El Cauto Rojo: This is a surprisingly good Nicaraguan Hand Made Cigar. They are medium in body and strength, and sport a smooth, oily, burgundy colored Ecuadorian wrapper. These are made by Perdomo, and have many rich flavors like cinnamon and coffee throughout. These stay cool all the way to the end, and have a pleasant aroma both before and after lighting. The construction and burn are practically flawless.

Thomas Mann

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.