More than X items per page?

Started by Remodelx15, 07/23/2014 12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remodelx15

Don't know if the number of items per page is limited by the software this site runs on, but in this age of broadband, it would be cool if you could adjust a setting for how many items per page are shown.  I prefer to scroll vs hitting page numbers.  I ran into this on my "smoked" list when I was looking to edit an item I had just marked as smoked and couldn't find it, and then realized my list had grown to two pages.

If it's possible, it'd also be cool if the setting you chose stayed set that way from session to session.  Anyway, just a thought! :)
If you're not lucky, we can't use you.
- WW2 Submarine admiral

The Burn Ward

I've noticed when searching threads you get the the full thread in the search. It's nice to get an entire thread on one page.

nwb

QuoteThe Burn Ward - 7/23/2014  4:48 PM
I've noticed when searching threads you get the the full thread in the search. It's nice to get an entire thread on one page.

I've noticed this as well - it is a nice feature unless it is a huge thread.
Chief of Shaft

Cfickter

It wouldn't be bad having the whole thread on the same page.  What about the ability to search within  a thread ?
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Jackal

QuoteCfickter - 7/23/2014  5:15 PM

It wouldn't be bad having the whole thread on the same page.  What about the ability to search within  a thread ?

The PIF and some other threads are 400+ pages.  That may be a bit much for one page.  Also, some of us who travel find that broadband isn't always that broad, when at hotels.  If the pages have lots of pics, we can be mired for quite some time waiting (hoping) for the pages to load.

Irony: got a connection server timeout as I was trying to post this.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

The Burn Ward

Quotenwb - 7/23/2014  7:07 PM

QuoteThe Burn Ward - 7/23/2014  4:48 PM

I've noticed this as well - it is a nice feature unless it is a huge thread.

I find it most beneficial for pass threads.

Ted

Would like to be able to see a profile setting where one could set the number of posts displayed per page. Have seen this elsewhere, and it allows a user to set to whatever works best for their use/bandwidth.

nwb

You all sure are needy.....

:biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

SenorPablo

The forum software used doesn't allow for it right now.  But that doesn't mean some development couldn't be done to accommodate it.  It would just take some time/work.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

nwb

QuoteSenorPablo - 7/24/2014  11:33 AM

The forum software used doesn't allow for it right now.  But that doesn't mean some development couldn't be done to accommodate it.  It would just take some time/work.

-Paul

How long is that list getting? :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

SenorPablo

Quotenwb - 7/24/2014  1:17 PM

QuoteSenorPablo - 7/24/2014  11:33 AM

-Paul

How long is that list getting? :biggrin:

We average about 1 request per member, so it is up to about 40,000  :biggrin:

Seriously, I do appreciate all the ideas for improving the site and once I can get the new iPhone app out that will hopefully fix the sync bug some folks see, I want to get back to working on the web site.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

nwb

QuoteSenorPablo - 7/24/2014  3:15 PM
We average about 1 request per member, so it is up to about 40,000  :biggrin:

Seriously, I do appreciate all the ideas for improving the site and once I can get the new iPhone app out that will hopefully fix the sync bug some folks see, I want to get back to working on the web site.

-Paul

Good luck with the app.  We appreciate the work you do to keep us up and running. :thumbsup:
Chief of Shaft

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.