Bachelor Party Smoke

Started by theoldcc, 10/07/2007 09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theoldcc

I have a friend who is finally taking the plunge and getting married.  We are having a bachelor party and i'm responsible for bringing cigars.  Half the people smoke pretty regularly.  A quarter smoke occassionally.  The rest have either never smoked or smoke rarely.  

I'm not really worried about the money aspect, but would like to get cigars that people will enjoy.  Not an easy prospect since different people like different things.  However, i'm pretty confident that if I get decent cigars, at least half will be happy and i'll take those odds.

I'm curious about what you think would be a good cigar to take.  I'm thinking about probably some Fuente's - probably Don Carlos.  Maybe some Ashton VSGs.  I actually like these almost as much as the Opus - not that I could get a hold of Opus that easily.  What do think?

*P
"The most interesting information comes from children, for
they tell all they know and then stop." - Mark Twain
My Smokes

ljlemer

I'm more concerned with what to give a cigar virgin or seldom smoker. If the goal is to give a newbie a cigar he'll enjoy and finish and not waste, and that won't make his head spin, then we're talking mild. Gispert Natural, Cu-Avana, just think of cigars you thought were too mild for you but not bad otherwise.

As for regular smokers, play it safe with a medium bodied cigar with no bitterness. Romeo and Juliet come to mind.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

monteclaro

Are you wanting to just buy a box of something, or buy individuals?
Hmmm...what to smoke, what to smoke...
http://www.cigargeeks.com/humidor/default....mber=monteclaro

SenorPablo

I'd go with a Fuente or an RP.  At least you know you'll get a good smoke and you can't please everyone anyways.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

theoldcc

Quotemonteclaro - 10/8/2007  12:00 PM

Are you wanting to just buy a box of something, or buy individuals?

I'm just planning to get a box of something.  Don't feel like deaing with a bunch of singles.  I think i'm settled on the AFs.  Part of me wants to get something crazy, big, ugly, or with a bad name though.
My Smokes

ljlemer

I'd go with exploding cigars, except that after the first explosion, they'd be hip to your trick.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

Proph

I enjoyed the CAO Cx2.. a lot.. maybe kinda big though.  :P  It's got a modern tag on it.. and it's double wrapped.. twice the yummy flavor.  :P
"Do not be too timid or squeamish about your actions, all life is an experiment." -Ralph W. Emerson

mhuss

I'd personally go with the Don Diego Maduro Grande.  They're pretty inexpensive, and their all-time favorite cigar.  They're mild-to-medium in body and flavor and are really tasty.  CI has them for about $65-70 for a box.  All the folks that I've had try them seem to really like them, as well.

theoldcc

You know that's actually an excellent suggestion.  I'm a big fan of that cigar as well.  I really need to make my mind up since the party is this Friday.
My Smokes

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.