Seriously?

Started by BlackIrish, 08/14/2014 07:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackIrish

At least the reviewer didn't hide his identity:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigars;area=showcig;cigar_id=88737

I'd suggest that you'd get a nice welcome and have more credibility if you introduced yourself and your cigars, and maybe even sponsored a Geek Critique.

(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

StogieDad

Noticed that....geez.  I am sure that will be promptly deleted.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Brlesq

I've never had a 5 star "dessert" flavored cigar in my life.  I would hate to see how high he would score a Pineapple White Owl!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Chip Lemaster

I like it,,,,lol,,, looked at the site page, not sure how anyone would allow some of those posting of their product,,,cussing is ok at times but in a cigar review,,,,hmmmm

nirab

I sense an ego out of whack somewhere in Bull City...and that ain't no bull!  :shy:  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

tvolball

That needs to be removed!
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

nwb

There may be some bias in this review.

My first inclination is to remove it, but I'm going to wait on SenorPablo's direction.  He's the boss. :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

The Burn Ward

Maybe bulls**ttycigars really likes bulls**ttycigars cigars?

StogieDad

QuoteThe Burn Ward - 8/14/2014  12:04 PM

Maybe bulls**ttycigars really likes bulls**ttycigars cigars?

^^^True, true.....:biggrin:
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

ntanner

Nothing like shameless self promotion.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Cfickter

Even his review doesn't really want to make me smoke one. Sugar tip?
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

lubrix

They must be good cause it got 5 stars or am I missing something here!.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Cigary

Probably the most humble review I've never seen.....self promotion knows no boundaries.

Mautrak

"Great cigar. Great company."  Ha!  I could understand promoting your own cigar, but trying to say the entire company is great through one cigar self-review?  That's funny.

I'd now like to review the above post by me.  I find Mautrak to be smart, insightful, wise, witty, perceptive, and obviously handsome, a hard worker, a good cook, a great husband and father, and a better-than-average driver.  Five stars!

Brlesq

QuoteMautrak - 8/14/2014  1:11 PM

"Great cigar. Great company."  Ha!  I could understand promoting your own cigar, but trying to say the entire company is great through one cigar self-review?  That's funny.

I'd now like to review the above post by me.  I find Mautrak to be smart, insightful, wise, witty, perceptive, and obviously handsome, a hard worker, a good cook, a great husband and father, and a better-than-average driver.  Five stars!

:bigthumbs:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Beegerply

QuoteBrlesq - 8/14/2014  9:24 AM

I've never had a 5 star "dessert" flavored cigar in my life.  I would hate to see how high he would score a Pineapple White Owl!

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

nwb

Chief of Shaft

wescat

QuoteBlackIrish - 8/14/2014  9:08 AM

At least the reviewer didn't hide his identity:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigars;area=showcig;cigar_id=88737

I'd suggest that you'd get a nice welcome and have more credibility if you introduced yourself and your cigars, and maybe even sponsored a Geek Critique.

Give'em Hell Eddie.     :bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs:
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Mojo66

Very unbiased review  :biggrin:

I love how the company advertises the freshness of their cigar. I as one always was under the impression that age on a cigar was a good thing, reading this I might have been wrong all along :

"These cigars do not compare to your typical cigar retailer as they have not been sitting in plastic in a humidor for months at a time. They are rolled, packaged, and shipped within days after ordering so that you can experience an original fresh, hand rolled cigar with minimal delay."

The whole thing is hilarious but does not make me want to smoke Bull City cigars, It does sound like Bull Sh$tty
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Vroomp

Anyone interested in a box split? :biggrin:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

StogieDad

QuoteVroomp - 8/14/2014  2:14 PM

They are so nice they are only sold in bundles brother :biggrin:
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

nwb

If the box split involves you paying me to smoke one, I'm in!
Chief of Shaft

17leaves

Sure, just let me throw out what I have in my humidor to make room.  :biggrin:

Brlesq

Quotenwb - 8/14/2014  2:22 PM

If the box split involves you paying me to smoke one, I'm in!

Yeah, Nate just loves those fruity "dessert" cigars. There's even pictures!  :biggrin:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

BlackIrish

I don't know anything at all about the cigars.  I just know that I'm very skeptical when someone posts a 5-star review of their own product instead of taking the grown-up approach of introducing himself and his cigars and letting others do the reviewing.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.