Famous Smoke Shop
90 Mort Drive
Easton, PA 18040
Tel: 800-564-2486

Presence @ Geeks: Yes
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=profile;u=7245
Chief of Shaft

StogieDad

Personally, I have never had anything but good experiences from Famous.  I am sure this will be a lengthy thread since the vast majority are intimately aware of them.  Don't expect the newest stuff out quick or HTF sticks very often.  But the Monster deals can be amazing (Just this week bought a 24 ct box of Oliva Serie G Maduro Belicosos for $31), as can some of their promotions.  Not much on their in house exclusives and such myself, but I have certainly bought a LOT of cigars from them.

They always ship within a day or two, usually well packed, can't remember a problem.  The one time I ever had a damaged stick was a damaged pigtail and they refunded it immediately and let me keep the stick.  All in all, a really good online retailer, mostly from the deal/stock up category though.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

junglepete

Used them often..always had good service. Mostly for their "Monster" specials.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Vroomp

Excellent service and quick to ship well packaged cigars! What more could you want? :dancing:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Jackal

I have had more good experiences than bad ones with them.  

There was some unpleasantness a couple years back where we did need to use the power of the CG community to get them to make things right.

Other than that, though, they have provided good service and have replaced damaged cigars without much trouble.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

tvolball

Bought from them several times...Great service and great prices
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

benchjockey

I've bought from them numerous times. Always shipped quickly, well packed, never a problem.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

BlackIrish

QuoteStogieDad - 8/14/2014  4:15 PM

Personally, I have never had anything but good experiences from Famous.  I am sure this will be a lengthy thread since the vast majority are intimately aware of them.  Don't expect the newest stuff out quick or HTF sticks very often.  But the Monster deals can be amazing (Just this week bought a 24 ct box of Oliva Serie G Maduro Belicosos for $31), as can some of their promotions.  Not much on their in house exclusives and such myself, but I have certainly bought a LOT of cigars from them.

They always ship within a day or two, usually well packed, can't remember a problem.  The one time I ever had a damaged stick was a damaged pigtail and they refunded it immediately and let me keep the stick.  All in all, a really good online retailer, mostly from the deal/stock up category though.

^^^This^^^

(except for the stuff about buying the box off the Monster last week)
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

The Burn Ward

QuoteBlackIrish - 8/14/2014  6:23 PM

QuoteStogieDad - 8/14/2014  4:15 PM

^^^This^^^

(except for the stuff about buying the box off the Monster last week)

x3

Cigary

I use them quite a bit and on their auction site years ago I was introduced to a great cigar that is no longer made....it went from auction to an instore sale only and then....no longer.  Lucky for me I bought boxes of them and they are a great cigar...Capoeria.  Please Famous...bring em back!

mpurtle01

Ordered from them several times.  Great LFD selection, and others.  Nothing but good.

el sanchimoto

Never once had an issue with any of the boxes I've bought from them. Has errors in my order recently (my own fault) and they still were prompt to react and correct them without delaying the shipment at all.

:bigthumbs:

bmac7754

I have used Famous numerous times in the last few years.  You sometimes come around a good sale on their site, but their everyday prices can be on the higher end.  The Monster mashup is where its at, great prices and usually free shipping.  They do ship quick and nicely packed.  FYI apply code lovefamous at checkout and it gets $10 off orders $50 or more.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

nirab

So far, so good. The Monster deals mostly for me. I stay away from there now, my buying freeze is about 2-3 months away from thawing out!  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Cigahs

Just a quick FYI for you, Gary:

Capoeira was re-branded as 'The Judge by J. Fuego'. Same cigar in new, hot packaging.

Your search is over.

Cheers!

Humberto

Koop

Received my second order today from Famous Smoke. Quick delivery, well packed, great service. I placed the order late Thursday afternoon. It was shipped I received tracking info in Friday. Package arrived today, Monday. I had the same experience with my first order.

AustinMike

I don't use Famous much.  I find better deals on other websites, but will occasionally find a good deal in the Monster offerings.

benchjockey

I like to keep an eye on the Monster since we get the CG 17% discount and they offer free shipping.

shakinghorizons

I ordered from the Monster site a couple months ago and didn't receive free shipping, so be careful. On today's postings I see that they are back to free shipping though.

benchjockey

Quoteshakinghorizons - 5/14/2018  6:28 PM  I ordered from the Monster site a couple months ago and didn't receive free shipping, so be careful. On today's postings I see that they are back to free shipping though.

It shows under each item whether free shipping is available. Generally cigars--unless they are very cheap--are shipped free.

xjking

I haven't tried Famous Cigars yet, perhaps I'll peruse the site for this weeks purchase.
-Denis-

MusicCity

QuoteAustinMike - 5/14/2018  2:01 PM

I don't use Famous much.  I find better deals on other websites, but will occasionally find a good deal in the Monster offerings.

I've found them to be have the best price on some some HTF stuff like Tat La Verite.

Koop

I placed another order with Famous Friday morning. Shipped same day and I received the nicely packed cigars today. This time I used the CG code and got 17% off - nice! I wish I knew about the code last time when I placed a $200 order.

toby2

they always have some sort of deal. never pay the asking price there if you can help it.

MacMac

I've found Famous Cigars to be a good source.
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.