Dirty Leaf Cigars
1961 Kirkwood Street
Deltona, FL 32738
Tel: 888-504-6615

Presence @ Geeks: Yes
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=profile;u=48831
Chief of Shaft

StogieDad

Wouldn't hesitate to do business with Alan ever!  Very personal service, keeps you updated, and has a pretty big selection.   Definitely a great Geek and place to do business.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

05Venturer

For sure Alan is great! I have done some business with him in the past and recently was able to cash in on International Free Shipping :dancing:
Will definitely be doing more business with DLC :thumbsup:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

05Venturer

Has anyone had any contact with Alan lately? I sent him a pm weeks ago and have gotten no response, hasn't even opened it yet. I also heard he was having trouble filling orders but that is supposedly fixed. I wanted to do some more business with him since he is a site sponsor but I am getting a bit nervous on placing an order after a few rumors I heard.
Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Brlesq

Quote05Venturer - 12/7/2014  9:41 AM

Has anyone had any contact with Alan lately? I sent him a pm weeks ago and have gotten no response, hasn't even opened it yet. I also heard he was having trouble filling orders but that is supposedly fixed. I wanted to do some more business with him since he is a site sponsor but I am getting a bit nervous on placing an order after a few rumors I heard.

We had this discussion on a herf the other night.  He has been AWOL both here and in responses on his webstore for a while.  Some folks got a $55 store credit email recently to make amends for past issues, but it is my understanding that any further communication has been nonexistent.   Maybe a life event has interrupted his business.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

bigjohn20081983

I dont know much about them but maybe one day I will get down there and check it out according to Mapquest they are only 1 1/2 hr drive away.
You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

BewareDaPenguin

I ordered some sticks this summer a few times without issue from DLC and Alan was quick to respond to my emails when I had questions. But I have heard there has been some issues recently. I also received the email from him regarding the shipping and availability issues they were having but said they have since fixed them. I did not receive the $55 credit but I haven't ordered in a while. I hope DLC gets it straightened out as he seemed like a nice guy working to get his business going in the right direction.
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

McBryde

I was in the mix of not getting cigars that were supposedly shipped out but went to Virginia, and were supposed to get Shipped out the next day, then after another week, nothing. No email replys, just an email with a $$ refund from visa. I have heard nothing more from them. I did get the $55 store credit, and supposed free cigars, but who knows if that will even go through.

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Vroomp

He has been active on FB up til a couple hours ago!
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

05Venturer

QuoteVroomp - 12/7/2014  2:34 PM

He has been active on FB up til a couple hours ago!
:confused:

His last logon was 11/18/14 @ 7:14pm according to his profile.
Kent

05Venturer

Still have heard nothing from Alan via PM nearly 2 months ago, hasn't even been opened yet.
Also have tried to email him several times with zero response, Google earth his addresses and it brings you to what looks like a housing area without a business in sight.
Seems to have gone off the grid. :confused:  :confused:
Kent

Marutenu

Does anyone have an email adress or such to Alan? I am waiting for an order from DLC wich was placed almost two months ago. There has been no update on the order status, no replies when I try to contact them and this is geting me nervous. Any help would be appreciated!

05Venturer

Dirty Leaf Cigars
1961 Kirkwood Street
Deltona, FL 32738
Tel: 888-504-6615
customerservice@dirtyleafcigars.com

:goodluck:
Maybe hop in to the newbie intro thread and introduce yourself  :thumbsup:
Kent

McBryde

Yeah, good luck on that one! I have an order that was placed in December, and have heard nothing about it. Their site now says down for maintenance. I don;t plan on getting anything from that $55 store credit order from them from when they screwed the pooch on my order from before that that I never received. I won't be holding my breath, and if I were you, I wouldn't be either!

E

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

StogieDad

That stinks....the business I did do with him was very easy, but that was before he went AWOL.  Can't imagine what would stop you from at least explaining yourself unless it is just straight theft IMHO.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

BewareDaPenguin

QuoteStogieDad - 4/26/2015  8:09 PM

That stinks....the business I did do with him was very easy, but that was before he went AWOL.  Can't imagine what would stop you from at least explaining yourself unless it is just straight theft IMHO.

x2 I ordered a few times from them as well, disappointing that people are left without getting orders filled. I thought his business was growing fast from what I could tell. Shame  :-(

McBryde

They are now under new ownership, we'll see if my order from December ever get's finally shipped? I'm not going to hold my breath!

E

BewareDaPenguin

Yeah I got an email from them as well, said new management etc, looking forward to seeing if the can make it right for everybody, shame so far.

bertf86

Yeah so looks like I have made a great start to my Cigar smoking/collecting career...

Have placed an order for S.O.A. by Black Crown torpedo's however haven't heard anything yet.

Still hopeful that I will receive feedback/my order but its not looking the best so far :(
"God damnit - I canoed it!" KingCobraJFS

McBryde

Brlesq

QuoteMcBryde - 7/18/2016  6:59 PM

Ever get it Bert?

E

Bert's not here, man.  :smoker2:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

McBryde

QuoteBrlesq - 7/18/2016  7:21 PM

Ever get it Bert?

E

Just like his order!  :blech:  :blech:

E

Camshaft83

QuoteMcBryde - 7/18/2016  7:57 PM

QuoteBrlesq - 7/18/2016  7:21 PM

Ever get it Bert?

E

Just like his order!  :blech:  :blech:

E

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  This should be in the jokes thread!
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

bertf86

Hey McBryde,

Just seeing these posts (hadn't been on in a while due to purchasing my first house & the joys that entailed!), yes i received my order! not long after i had posted my concerns about potentially not getting it.

however it looks like there no longer is a DLC website?! any time i try to access it its saying it cant be found?!
"God damnit - I canoed it!" KingCobraJFS

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.