Favorite All-time Cigar?

Started by Proph, 10/09/2007 06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proph

What are you guy's favorite all time cigars?  If there was only 1 cigar on a deserted island with you, what would you want that 1 cigar to be?  

Right now I'd probably have to go with the CAO Cx2 Belicoso.
"Do not be too timid or squeamish about your actions, all life is an experiment." -Ralph W. Emerson

theoldcc

That's a tough question.  If I could only have 1 cigar, I guess it would have to be something good and expensive that I enjoy like an Opus X or an Anejo.  

My favorite everyday now is probably the Aristoff Black though.

*P
"The most interesting information comes from children, for
they tell all they know and then stop." - Mark Twain
My Smokes

SenorPablo

I've never had an Anejo, so if I could choose one it might be that one since they are so hard to get a hold of.  Otherwise i'm perfectly happy with my RPs.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

pieman

Yhis is gonna sound real bad the best smoke I ever had was a Don Collins Puro Indio from puerto rico. Blew away any cuban I ever had. I even wrote a review for them. LMK if you want to read it though it dosen't do the cigar justice.
www.myspace.com/johnnypieman

"It seems poker's just not your game, Ike. I know: let's have a spelling contest." - Doc Holliday

pieman

Sr pablo since you own the site...When my little girl is born I'll be sure to send ya one. I am dying to see what anyone else has to say about these things. A bud of mine brought 4 back for me and anyone who has had one is ruined for life.

"It seems poker's just not your game, Ike. I know: let's have a spelling contest." - Doc Holliday

mhuss

I posted my all-time favorite on another thread, and it ended being a little off-topic.  Mine is the Don Diego Maduro Grande.  Just like Pieman, you might think I'm a little out there for that one!  But the consistency is always there.  The construction, the flavors, the smoothness.  I always take a few along on vacation with me, especially when I vacation to the beach.  I love sitting there and smoking a few cigars during the week.  It's a cigar that has never let me down.  It's just a beautiful thing!

ljlemer

Quotepieman - 10/9/2007  10:26 PM

This is gonna sound real bad the best smoke I ever had was a Don Collins Puro Indio from puerto rico. Blew away any cuban I ever had. I even wrote a review for them. LMK if you want to read it though it dosen't do the cigar justice.

From their webpage:
 Puros Indios
The Puros Indios is like nothing you have ever tried. The wrapper of this cigar is soaked in rum and the cigar itself is hand rolled wet. This allows the Puros Indios to have an aroma and superior flavor incomparable to anything else. This masterpiece is only available in limited quantities. The Puros Indios is a low production-high quality cigar that perfectly illustrates the time honored tradition of hand rolling cigars in Puerto Rico.

Puros Indios- 6 inches x 46 ring
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

pieman

Just reading that gets my tastebuds pumping. I got so into this smoke I called Don Collins and spoke to a sales rep and they hold this cigar in such  high esteem that only one person has ever rolled them (hence the low production)..here is a review I did.

First glance the cigar looks impessive to me, obviously hand rolled with a real spongy feel (almost too spongy) and a Rumish smell. The light was great, nice and even and right away you knew it was going to burn slow. I was scared the draw would be too tight but it was perfect IMO. First taste was a creamy spiced rum and as it burned it got slightly harder. First ash lasted 1/3 through the cigar and by this time I was pleasantly supprised at how much I was enjoying this and figured it for a fine med smoke. Then my first surprise as 1/2 way through the taste slowly turned to a cubanesqe silky chocolate(and those of you who have smoked a real cuban know what I mean) while the draw was still fantastic. Lastly the final 1/4 of the cigar changed yet again to a little bit harder wood spice with a cherry flavored undertone and packed a punch I was not expecting. Finished off with a nice hard kick but not too hard. Overall it took 1:30 to smoke but you could easily strech that to 2. If you get the chance to get your hands on one by all means do, it will not dissapoint you.

tnt956

Montecristo Double Corona!  Started smoking them in the mid 1990's and they are still my favorite today.

Proph

You guys are making me wanna try one of these rum cigars.  :P  I don't really like flavored cigars, but I'm really tempted to try anything that sounds that masterfully blended.
"Do not be too timid or squeamish about your actions, all life is an experiment." -Ralph W. Emerson

SenorPablo

Quotepieman - 10/9/2007  10:28 PM

Sr pablo since you own the site...When my little girl is born I'll be sure to send ya one. I am dying to see what anyone else has to say about these things. A bud of mine brought 4 back for me and anyone who has had one is ruined for life.

:bigthumbs: Congrats and when is your wife due?  I have 2 young boys now and the wfie is pushing for a 3rd one in hopes for a girl.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

pieman

QuoteProph - 10/10/2007  12:24 PM

You guys are making me wanna try one of these rum cigars.  :P  I don't really like flavored cigars, but I'm really tempted to try anything that sounds that masterfully blended.

This is the same mistake I made...these are by no means Flavored cigars. They are just...words cannot do them justice.

Wife is due in mid Dec. So mid dec I will be ordering a box.

mhuss

Quoteccforme - 10/9/2007  8:55 PM

That's a tough question.  If I could only have 1 cigar, I guess it would have to be something good and expensive that I enjoy like an Opus X or an Anejo.  

My favorite everyday now is probably the Aristoff Black though.

*P

I've seen the Opus name come up in these forums a bit since I've been here.  I looked on CI and Famous for them but they aren't listed.  Where would it be possible to get my hands on some of these cigars?  You guys talking about them make them sound really good, and actually the name makes it sound like it's good, too!

ljlemer

Cigarbid.com often auctions single Opus cigars in their Singles section and 5 packs in the respective section. Be prepared to pay top dollar.

Thomas Mann

theoldcc

Quotemhuss - 10/11/2007  9:48 AM
I've seen the Opus name come up in these forums a bit since I've been here.  I looked on CI and Famous for them but they aren't listed.  Where would it be possible to get my hands on some of these cigars?  You guys talking about them make them sound really good, and actually the name makes it sound like it's good, too!

Opus is made by Arturo Fuente.  They are not easy to get a hold of.  They are made in limited production and seem to only come up occassionally.  Uusually I see them in my local B&M, but most places will restrict what you can buy.  May local shop only allows 3 sticks per person when they have them.  Admittedly these are very hyped and not to everyone's liking.  The limited production adds to it (as well s the high price at like $15 to $20 or more per stick.)  But in my opinion they are a ver fine smoke.
My Smokes

ljlemer

I would hate these, so most of you would love them.

Rocky's Indian Tabac 'Retro' Mega-Sampler includes:

10 - Indian Tabac Anniversary Ltd. Reserve Bear (5" x 50)
10 - Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Robusto Maduro (5" x 50)

20 Cigars (MSRP: $99.20)

CI email deal: $29.99

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/specials.asp

Thomas Mann

mhuss

Thanks for the info on the Opus!  I'm gonna try and get my hands on at least one of them, in order just to try them.  And I'm the kind of guy that will dish out that much for one cigar in order to get my hands on something that is limited and supposed to be very, very good.  Call me a sucker, but that's just how I am, sometimes.  But the limited availability of the cigar makes the hunt for it fun, as well.  I always enjoyed hunting for hard to find beers when they were released.  So why should cigars be any different?

theoldcc

If you like the hunt, then Fuente makes another one calld Anejo that's even more exclusive.  If you ever find that, buy it.  Opus you'll find without to much of a struggle, it's just the prices you'll have to watch out for.
My Smokes

ljlemer

I've just confirmed that two different vitolas, the toro and the churchill of 5 Vegas Miami are both rated 5. They are my official favorite cigar. How can I go back to cheap cigars? They've ruined me!

Thomas Mann

theoldcc

Makes me want to go smoke another one right now  :biggrin:
My Smokes

mhuss

Quoteccforme - 10/12/2007  1:13 PM

If you like the hunt, then Fuente makes another one calld Anejo that's even more exclusive.  If you ever find that, buy it.  Opus you'll find without to much of a struggle, it's just the prices you'll have to watch out for.

My hunt shall now begin!  I'll let you all know if/when I find them.  Thanks for the info!

mhuss

I think I have a new all-time favorite.  Last night, I smoked the Montecristo Media Noche for the first time.  And if you read my review, you'll see why.  It's just a shame that these guys cost so much.  I paid $13.50 for one single Chruchill!  I guess it's like buying a Sony product.  You're gonna pay a little bit more just because Montecristo put its name on the cigar.  But I will splurge every once in a while to have some more of these.

ljlemer

Quotemhuss - 10/15/2007  9:30 AM

I think I have a new all-time favorite.  Last night, I smoked the Montecristo Media Noche for the first time.  And if you read my review, you'll see why.  It's just a shame that these guys cost so much.  I paid $13.50 for one single Chruchill!  I guess it's like buying a Sony product.  You're gonna pay a little bit more just because Montecristo put its name on the cigar.  But I will splurge every once in a while to have some more of these.

http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=497182
Closing Tuesday night, $35 will get you 5 of them, that's $7 each, half what you paid. It might go up a little more. Then there's S&H.

Thomas Mann

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

ninfiction

Mine would probably be an Illusione.....yes, all of them

This is not the admin you're looking for...

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.