How much did we pay for the house contest (WINNER ANNOUNCED)

Started by hebron, 09/12/2014 03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hebron

So, as many of you may already know we bought a house this week  :dancing: And to celebrate that fact I am holding a contest.

The question is: how much did we end up paying for the house? Since I am Norwegian, I would like the amount to be in Norwegian Crowns, NOK.

If the same answer is given multiple times, I'll pick the first one to post it. I'll leave the contest open until we have gotten the keys to the house, which is early October. The winner will receive a fiver of something exotic  :shades:

Updated; I am adding a picture of it. It's the right part of a semi-detached house.

Update2; we get the keys on October 10. Contest will close on that date. Oh, and only one answer (Brian)  :shy:
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

bigjohn20081983

I will take a random 1/2 ass guess of 476,988.75 NOK  Also Congrats on the new home hope it gives you years of pleasure.
You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

Rammstein142

I will go with 2,750,000 NOK also congrats on the new home!! :-)
"There is nothing more agreeable than having a place where one can throw on the floor as many cigar butts as one pleases without the subconscious fear of a maid who is waiting like a sentinel to place an ashtray where the ashes are going to fall."

"Ich kenne keine Parteien mehr, ich kenne nur noch Deutsche!" Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Die Schlacht ist gewonnen , haben die Engländer wurde völlig besiegt." Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource." John F. Kennedy

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Cigary

At least show us what it looks like and then I can take a look at Zillow and give some kind of guess...lol

Caveman Steve

"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

timpellis

2,862,000.06  Totally done scientifically.

Brlesq

1,319,490 NOK.  Congrats again on buying a house!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

05Venturer

Quotehebron - 9/12/2014  5:43 PM

So, as many of you may already know we bought a house this week  :dancing: And to celebrate that fact I am holding a contest.

The question is: how much did we end up paying for the house? Since I am Norwegian, I would like the amount to be in Norwegian Crowns, NOK.

If the same answer is given multiple times, I'll pick the first one to post it. I'll leave the contest open until we have gotten the keys to the house, which is early October. The winner will receive a fiver of something exotic  :shades:

Updated; I am adding a picture of it. It's the right part of a semi-detached house.

I'm confused Thomas "it's the right part of a semi detached house" does this mean it is actually a duplex and you bought the 1/2 on the right? :confused:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

cavenbk

Can we also have a little info on # bedrooms and things like that? Or is that not really pertinent info?
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

lubrix

1,400,500 NOK.Thanks for the contest!.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Chip Lemaster

1,649,376 krone,,,,, just a wide guess on my part,,,, hole you enjoy your new place, it's looks like a great place to be

hebron

Quote05Venturer - 9/13/2014  1:35 AM

Quotehebron - 9/12/2014  5:43 PM

I'm confused Thomas "it's the right part of a semi detached house" does this mean it is actually a duplex and you bought the 1/2 on the right? :confused:

Yes :)
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

Mojo66

Thanks for the contest, congratulations again for the house.

I say it was 916 003 NOK, but I have no idea.

If I'm aloud another guess and you are kind enough to give me the address of the house, I'm sure I could do better.  :biggrin:

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

RDF

Okay, wild a$$ guess of 2.150,000 NOK. Anyway, congratulations on getting your home, that's awesome.  Now that's where your from and where the heart is.  And also, now the real work begins.
HokieSmokes!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." H. Jackson Brown

17leaves

Congratulations on the house and thanks for the contest, Thomas!

I'll go with 464,541 NOK.

cavenbk

1,272,716 NOK. Thanks for the contest, and congrats. The wife and I are waiting to make sure our loan clears, and then we close on our first house Oct 31st. Congrats again, I know how exciting it is.
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

sjn1117

I have no idea what property value is in Norway or what your money is worth here so I'll guess 300,000 just for grins. Congrats again by the way!
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

bigjohn20081983

If my mad Google Ninja skillz served me right $1 U.S equals about 6.36 NOK :meansmoke:
You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

Joelala

Joe

sauraspop

Sammy - Semper Vigilis

Be carful what you wish for, You may get it! Ray Wylie Hubbard (Mother Blues)

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake. ~ Cliffy ~

dddddmorgan

Just go ahead and send the prize now :biggrin:

Thanks for the contest

Molon Labe!

Vroomp

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

bmac7754

Quotebigjohn20081983 - 9/12/2014  11:09 PM  If my mad Google Ninja skillz served me right $1 U.S equals about 6.36 NOK :meansmoke:

You are correct 

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

benchjockey

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.