November Member Sponsored Geek Critique (Last Two Weeks)

Started by junglepete, 09/13/2014 08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique is being sponsored by tvolball (Troy)

The Cigar: Viaje Platino Reserva #6 Box Press

The Specs: The Platino Reserva VPR No. 6 is a Nicaraguan puro, and is finished with a Corojo '99 wrapper. The tobacco is all grade "A" tobacco from AGANORSA, and has two binders. The cigar is rolled in the Cuban fashion, finished with a triple cap, and is box pressed. This vitola, the Reserva VPR No. 6, differs from the main Viaje Platino line in the sense that it contains tobacco that has been aged longer, and thus limited. The cigar comes in a single vitola, a toro, and measures 6" with a 50 ring gauge.

The Hype: The Viaje Platino series are medium-bodied cigars boasting a dark, oily Corojo99 cover leaf. Beneath this leaf, a complex, Cuban-seed mixture of Nicaraguan grade "A" long-leaf tobaccos are secured within two bold Nicaraguan binders. Each cigar is finished with a Cuban triple cap, delivering a rich and hearty array of flavors, including leather, roasted coffee and spice.

The Reserva VPR No. 6 sets itself apart from the regular production both aesthetically and internally without compromising its core flavors. Using the most skilled rollers, Reserva is crafted into a box pressed shape. Additionally, Reserva is comprised solely of older leaf with significant age which includes ligero offering refined spice on the palate.

The Reviewers:

1. BigTA (Thomas)
2. Voexum (Christopher)
3. bstessl (Brian)
4. Ted (Ted)
5. gpd4 (George)

Due Date: November 24, 2014. OOOPPPS!! Due date is actually November 10th...my bad sorry guys!

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this new initiative in place.

A big thanks goes out to Troy for taking this one on and providing a well sought after cigar. THANKS!! And happy smokin'  :cigarguy:

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Cfickter

Great cigar. Shame I have done more than 2. But if you get stuck!!!
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

DonM

"The Curmudgeon"

ntanner

I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

BigTA

Since I am going to have a bit more spare time on my hands I will be happy to volunteer...
Cheap sex, Cheap booze, Cheap cigars, Everybody loves a bargain.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=BigTA

tvolball

Thanks for getting this up for me Pete. This is a great cigar that I think about everyone would enjoy. The first 5 to speak up get in on this great stick.
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

kxthor911

How do we tell how many we have done this year? I'm doing the november industry review as well, but if you need someone to volenteer I will. Just let me know.
Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

Yes its fast, no you cant drive it.

Voexum

I have participated in 3 G.Critiques, 2 from December 2010 and one from December 2011.

Seems I might be a bit overdue for one, I would happily volunteer!
Christopher "Voexum"
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Voexum

"A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points but it is by no means the most interesting." - The Doctor

Mautrak

Quotekxthor911 - 9/14/2014  11:28 AM

How do we tell how many we have done this year? I'm doing the november industry review as well, but if you need someone to volenteer I will. Just let me know.

Nick, if you go to http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigrevs;area=critiques all of your Geek Critiques will be listed at the top and each includes the date.  

I've done three this year, with my first being on 1/1/14.  I'll have to plan that better at the end of this year and submit a day earlier!

kxthor911

QuoteMautrak - 9/14/2014  12:49 PM  
Quotekxthor911 - 9/14/2014  11:28 AM  How do we tell how many we have done this year? I'm doing the november industry review as well, but if you need someone to volenteer I will. Just let me know.
Nick, if you go to http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigrevs;area=critiques all of your Geek Critiques will be listed at the top and each includes the date.    I've done three this year, with my first being on 1/1/14.  I'll have to plan that better at the end of this year and submit a day earlier!

Thanks bro, yea I guess I have done two as well this year. I will let someone else do this one as I have another review coming up anyways.

Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

Yes its fast, no you cant drive it.

bstessl

If there is space i think i would like to try a critique, if you'll have me.
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

Ted

If there are any spots left, I'd love to do a critique. Have not done any yet!

Thanks,
-TD

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

jharrisx5

Oh boy...a critique of a Viaje!!  I've done 4 this year so I'm definately over the limit...let's get another guy in here and get this locked!  Lucky bums!!!  LOL
Puff Puff Give....

bstessl

Quotejunglepete - 9/14/2014  11:16 PM

You're in Brian

Awesome!
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

gpd4

My greatest fear in life is that when I die, my wife sells my things for what I told her I paid for them...

nwb

That's a nice cigar to get critiqued.  Looking forward to the reviews!
Chief of Shaft

Ted

Quotejunglepete - 9/14/2014  10:17 PM  You're in Ted

Very cool, thanks!

:dancing:  

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

Ted

Quotetvolball - 9/14/2014  11:23 AM  Thanks for getting this up for me Pete. This is a great cigar that I think about everyone would enjoy. The first 5 to speak up get in on this great stick.

Thank you for sponsoring!

:bigthumbs:  

gpd4

My greatest fear in life is that when I die, my wife sells my things for what I told her I paid for them...

tvolball

Ok that wraps this one up. I'll send out sometime in October to you guys.
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.