Facing the #1 Problem on this Site

Started by Vroomp, 09/28/2014 04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vroomp

I have run out of room!  Looking around at easy solutions (and no I don't want a cooler or Tupperware) I found this guy but, am unfamiliar with the product.

Anyone have any experience with Whynter?

Whether  you are a true cigar aficionado or a casual enthusiast, the Whynter  CHC-251S Stainless Steel 2.5 cu. ft. Cigar Cooler Humidor is an ideal  cigar storage system that can help preserve the flavor of your cigars  and protect them from pests or other harmful conditions.

The  Whynter CHC-251S is designed to help store and age cigars within the  optimal humidity range 62% to 75% at room temperature. This cigar cooler  humidor contains a humidification tray (for use with preferred  solution/moisture beads) and equipped with an elegant analog hygrometer  which helps monitor the desired level of humidity.

Having  a temperature controlled environment is also critical for discouraging  the proliferation of any pests that may be present in the tobacco  leaves. The thermoelectric cooling system used here minimizes the drying  effect when cooling, relative to the compressor based cooling systems  in many refrigeration units.

Furnished  with four Spanish Cedar flat shelves and two spacious drawers, the  Whynter CHC-251S helps maintain humidity, emits a light complementary  aroma, and helps repel damaging insects.

In  addition to its main purpose of storing, preserving, and aging cigars,  the Whynter Cigar Cooler Humidor is also an attractive and elegant  showcase for your prized collection.

Model: CHC-251S
  • Capacity: 2.5 cu. ft
  • Holds up to 400+ cigars
  • Freestanding setup
  • Vibration-free thermoelectric cooling
  • Stainless steel trimmed glass door with sleek black cabinet
  • Professional quality towel bar handle
  • Removable Spanish cedar drawers and shelves
  • Shelf Count: 4 flat shelves, 2 drawers
        Flat Shelves Dimensions: 9.5” W x 12.75” D
        Drawer Dimensions: 9.5” W x 12.75” D x 3” H
  • Equipped with a humidity tray and hygrometer for inside humidity level maintenance
  • Adjustable thermostat with temperature range from 54ºF - 66ºF
  • Enhanced LCD temperature display
  • Soft interior LED lighting with on/off switch
  • All solid-state components for long life
  • Internal fan-forced circulation for even humidity and temperature distribution throughout the cabinet
  • Input Power and Current: 70 watts / 1A
  • Power Consumption: 0.5KWh/24h
  • Voltage: 110V / 60Hz
  • Product dimensions: 17” W x 20” D x 28” H  (Add 1.6" in depth and 0.25" in width with handle installed)
  • Package dimensions: 21” W x 24” D x 34” H
  • Net weight: 45 lbs
  • Gross weight: 50 lbs
  • ETL listed
  • UPC 850956003552

*This unit comes with one year limited warranty.
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

DonM

"The Curmudgeon"

bmac7754

That looks pretty sweet to me, and the deal Don posted is 75% off looks even better.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

ntanner

My wife picked me up a similar unit a couple years back and I am very happy with it. I especially like the climate control as it can get pretty warm here in the summer. I dont know that particular model you mentioned but the spec's on it look good.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

toby2

cool. looks pretty small for you though.

Cigary

Would love to get one of these but then I start thinking of how many cigars I could buy with what I'd pay for one...it's always a conflict.

Vroomp

While I do appreciate the bargain price at the site Don listed, I am a bit wary to deal with a Chinese Company with a Russian ISP whose only method of payment accepted is I-tunes Gift Cards!  :biggrin:

Sears also carries the unit for $386........

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.

amigodecigars

QuoteVroomp - 9/28/2014  9:50 AM  

While I do appreciate the bargain price at the site Don listed, I am a bit wary to deal with a Chinese Company with a Russian ISP whose only method of payment accepted is I-tunes Gift Cards!  :biggrin:

Sears also carries the unit for $386........

Nice looking unit. For the bargain price of $191, maybe they adopted the IKEA method.....'assemble at home'
"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

SparklePony

Whynter is one of the top brands in the space along with Koldfront, Vinotemp, and Newair.  I have a Newair myself and it works well.  2.5 cu ft seems pretty small.  Mine's about 6 cu ft and it will probably hold 400 cigars max.  However, it's a nice looking unit and not a bad price.
Yes, it's a pineapple hat.  No, you can't put your cigar out in it.

Vroomp

I am slowly leaning towards a companion for the curio-dor instead.... something like this but, best price I can find so far is $768.90 with delivery...... :-(

SparklePony

I want one of those!  Actually, I want an Aristocrat, but I don't got $4,000+
Yes, it's a pineapple hat.  No, you can't put your cigar out in it.

timpellis

1029henry

Nice cigar fridge, but I think I'd need about 4 of them to store all my cigars.....dat's a lotta cash.
"What a kid I got, I told him about the birds and the bees and he told me about the butcher and my wife"

"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them"

"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met"
-Rodney Dangerfield

Cfickter

there are so many great larger humis out there.  Not sure how I would go about finding the one I would want.  Like that second one there Brad
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

nirab

QuoteVroomp - 9/28/2014  11:51 AM

I am slowly leaning towards a companion for the cuio-dor instead.... something like this but, best price I can find so far is $768.90 with delivery...... :-(

That's the one I am thinking about getting once my house sells.  :-)
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

nwb

QuoteVroomp - 9/28/2014  12:51 PM
I am slowly leaning towards a companion for the cuio-dor instead.... something like this but, best price I can find so far is $768.90 with delivery...... :-(

That is a nice unit.
Chief of Shaft

Camshaft83

I've been looking at that Whynter and the Lauderdale on Tampa Humidor.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

BewareDaPenguin

I found I couldn't fit as many cigars in my wineador as I thought, not even close to my table humidor, so when I buy another storage unit it will either be another table or a tower like that. Good luck!! :smoker: can't go wrong either way they both look very nice.
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

McBryde

"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Camshaft83

That would be a sweet humidor.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

kxthor911

Brad hope you read this before you decide anything. I did some research and some addition and formulas. Hope this helps.

lauderdale - 5.37 cubic feet based on outer measurements - 300

mini tower - 7.91 cubic feet based on outer measurements - $600

montegue - 10.83 cubic feet based on outer measurements - $500-600

whynter - 5.50 cubic feet based on outer measurements - $455
Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

Yes its fast, no you cant drive it.

Vroomp

Thanks Nick but, the largest Whynter I have found is the 2.5 cubic foot one pictured above. While this would handle my overflow I am afraid it would soon fill to capacity. The others are just too small and I hate to 'dig' to find a particular cigar. It looks like the tower is the only viable option for me......... Now to work on the wife (who just spent $800 on furniture for our new lounge) to spend some more money.... :?:

tvolball

That looks pretty nice. I have looked at those also.
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

nwb

You are pretty handy, Brad.  Why not convert another curio or something like that? :confused:
Chief of Shaft

blondie

I know this thread is a little old, but I just wanted to update by saying I just pulled the trigger on this unit.  Found a smoking deal on bestbuy.com.  Free shipping, and using the promo code November20, you get 20% off.  I paid 247.99 after sales tax!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.