Father and Son cigar smoking

Started by ItalianGuido, 09/29/2014 09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItalianGuido

I have the pleasure of smoking cigars with my son quite frequently. He lives with me while going to college. We have our impromptu two-man herfs a couple times a week. These are always a good time. We also go to cigar events at our local B&M. We have met some great folks, like Matt Booth from Room 101 and Jose Blanco (pictured below) from JdN.  I was wondering how many geeks get to smoke with fellow family members. Tell your story...

Guido (and Son)

"Cigars!"  - Gene Hackman from "Young Frankenstein"

Cfickter

Very nice, great way to keep in touch
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Mojo66

Nice story, good for you.

I wish I could do that but my father's been dead for 20 years and my son is only 7 years old.

I do smoke with my brother a few times a year though.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

benchjockey

I actually got back into cigar smoking because of my son.

Many years ago I enjoyed some cigars, then got a way from them and got physically fit and had a family.
For years I had a great desire to smoke another cigar and see if the enjoyment was still there. I would
drive by a B&M but never stop.

Then one day I arrived home and my son was sitting on the couch with a friend. On the couch was a cigar.
He said he smoked cigars once in a while.

The next day I stopped by a B&M and here I am.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

tvolball

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Beegerply

Unfortunately my son does not smoke cigars  :-( , but I have sat down with my daughter and smoke a cigar and drank some rum on several occasions :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Chip Lemaster

Always nice to have a family member to enjoy a habit,,, I mean hobby with!!,,,,,lol

ntanner

I have smoked a couple with my oldest boy. Waiting for him to get back in country so we can sit down and do it again.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

nwb

My dad was a long-time cigarette smoker (50ish years), but he quit a few years ago.  When I see him, which is only a handful of times a year, we enjoy a cigar.  My older brother got me into the hobby, so we have one every time we see each other.

I'm pretty sure my wife would kill me if my 6 year old daughter had a cigar.....
Chief of Shaft

jharrisx5

That's what chocolate or bubble gum cigars are for....
Puff Puff Give....

timpellis

Since my Dad moved back north much more often than before.  I enjoy sending him sticks without notice.  Too soon for my son right now, maybe when he turns 3 next summer.

sjn1117

I enjoyed a cigar with my oldest son several years ago when he turned eighteen.  I don't knowif he's had another since and he's now twenty.  It was still a good time for me, even if he had an Acid  :shy:
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

nirab

My wife will have a cigar with me about twice a month, which is really cool, and honestly, very sexy!  :biggrin: My 18yr old son recently expressed an interest in having a cigar with me, and I hope that happens soon.  :biggrin:

and the answer is YES...we are intimate far more than our cigar herfs! I know one of y'all were gonna say something, and this probably won't stop some of you either!  :lmao:  :angel:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Smurf

orbis non sufficit

ItalianGuido

Quotenirab - 9/29/2014  8:40 PM

My wife will have a cigar with me about twice a month, which is really cool, and honestly, very sexy!  :biggrin: My 18yr old son recently expressed an interest in having a cigar with me, and I hope that happens soon.  :biggrin:

and the answer is YES...we are intimate far more than our cigar herfs! I know one of y'all were gonna say something, and this probably won't stop some of you either!  :lmao:  :angel:

My wife joins as well sometimes. She likes to take a few puffs on my stick....
"Cigars!"  - Gene Hackman from "Young Frankenstein"

Camshaft83

I smoke with my brother in law several times a year. Seeing as him and my sister are building a house next to me I foresee the number increasing :bigthumbs:
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

nirab

QuoteItalianGuido - 9/29/2014  8:52 PM

Quotenirab - 9/29/2014  8:40 PM

My wife joins as well sometimes. She likes to take a few puffs on my stick....

I knew someone couldn't resist!!  :lmao:  :lmao:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

1029henry

You guys are sick, sick I tell ya! :smoker:  J/K

Often times my 19 yr. old son will join me on the back patio and he'll have a pipe while I have a cigar. Occasionally he'll have a cigar as well. It's nice to spend time and watch a classic movie on the laptop while enjoying cigars with my son.
"What a kid I got, I told him about the birds and the bees and he told me about the butcher and my wife"

"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them"

"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met"
-Rodney Dangerfield

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.