That's a whole lotta Gurkha

Started by bmac7754, 09/29/2014 05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmac7754

I had to make sure I saw this correctly.  Thought some of you would get a kick out of this even if you don't like the Gurkha cigars.  200, MSRP $6000.  This is on CI's MMAO.

http://www.cigarintl.com/mmao/samplers/13514/gurkha-titan/

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

nirab

They can make me an offer to try and smoke one! Ain't gonna happen!!  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

ntanner

Wow, talk about loony toons.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Rbrushaber

Those things are yard gars...jjust MHO
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Rbrushaber

"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and courage of free me and women.  It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have."  Ronald Reagan
This quote is as true today as it was when I first heard it in the 1980s and joined the USAF...

Cigary

I've smoked these and I got em for $5 a cigar and that's what they are worth.  This is where I have a bone to pick with this Brand.....quick selling these things like this and then turn around and find em a week later for 90% off....any Manufacturer who devalues their own stock and brand isn't fit to sell on the open market.  Just sell em like the shysters they are and be done with it.  The way they do business makes them look stupid and that's enough for me to not support them....they give the industry and black eye IMO.

bmac7754

I would do the $6000, but can't find the free shipping code :)
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Smurf

orbis non sufficit

sjn1117

why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

MT21

QuoteRbrushaber - 9/29/2014  5:50 PM

Those things are yard gars...jjust MHO
That's really not being fair to yard gars.  :barf:
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

Hot Stuff x

"Mazos of 5", I'm guessing that was a typo and should have been 25.   Makes more sense.
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

Brlesq

They accepted my offer of $4!   :dancing:

Now, who do I bomb with 200 cigars?? :?:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Mojo66

QuoteBrlesq - 9/30/2014  7:13 AM  They accepted my offer of $4!   :dancing:   Now, who do I bomb with 200 cigars?? :?:  

I'll take them, would do miracle as manure for my lawn or to feed my beetle colony.

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

DonM

QuoteBrlesq - 9/30/2014  7:13 AM

You can just put em next to your PWO collection :biggrin:

"The Curmudgeon"

Brlesq

QuoteDonM - 9/30/2014  8:34 AM

You didn't get the Curmudgeon Pass back yet, huh?  I no longer have a PWO collection.  :biggrin:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Joelala

Joe

johncw

QuoteBrlesq - 9/30/2014  7:42 AM

You didn't get the Curmudgeon Pass back yet, huh?  I no longer have a PWO collection.  :biggrin:

:lmao:

The Burn Ward

ItalianGuido

Well, somebody likes these, because geeks rated it 3-4 stars. I personally haven't tried this one. Like most folks have said, Gurkha is hit or miss. When you have 1000 blends, some are likely to hit. At a buck or two on sale, I don't mind trying one. This is a crap-load of cigars. I would hope you could win that bundle below $100. You would need some fellow geeks in on this, I would imagine. I did bid $20 in it one time just to see what happened. I think I would make a log house out of the extras and burn it down!
"Cigars!"  - Gene Hackman from "Young Frankenstein"

DonM

I had the Gurkha conversation with a friend last night.  He said he smoked one a couple of weeks ago and it was good, had one last night and it was horrible.  My next question was so why you bother smoking Gurkha's.  He got the point

"The Curmudgeon"

MT21

Flood the market and tell everyone how good you are.  An advertisers job is to make the cigar sound like something you just HAVE to try.  Gurkha may have some cigars that are good but I've been disappointed enough times to just stay away.  My cigar budget has been severely restricted for the past few years and I'm not purchasing any cigar because and advertisement and write up make it sound like a cigar that I can't live without.  I'm thankful for our Database.  I don't consider any cigar until I look there first.
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

nwb

QuoteBrlesq - 9/30/2014  8:42 AM

:lmao:  :lmao:
Chief of Shaft

nirab

I made them an offer...pay me $100 and I will take these off of your hands...my offer was not accepted... :confused:  :confused:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.