Been in the reading mood....

Started by Rammstein142, 09/29/2014 09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rammstein142

Was curious if anyone had any good recommendations for books on cigars. I have googled some but the reviews are usually not helpful and wasn't sure what is worth the time and money. So figured I would check here! Looking for any books on cigars whether it be flavor profiles, history, styles, company history etc.

Cheers!
"There is nothing more agreeable than having a place where one can throw on the floor as many cigar butts as one pleases without the subconscious fear of a maid who is waiting like a sentinel to place an ashtray where the ashes are going to fall."

"Ich kenne keine Parteien mehr, ich kenne nur noch Deutsche!" Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Die Schlacht ist gewonnen , haben die Engländer wurde völlig besiegt." Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource." John F. Kennedy

sar127

I'm a noob so I don't know for sure, but I found a copy of "The World of Habanos" for cheap and liked it.

link for example:
http://www.amazon.com/WORLD-HABANO-ESSENTIAL-BOOK-ENTHUSIASTS/dp/B00BNX6GRO
Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

Cfickter

There is a good book called Cigars, From Soil to Soul.
Can be had on CBid. I paid $4. Great history of cigars. Loads of good informations on everything from planting to aging to rolling.
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Kman

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Otter

QuoteCfickter - 9/30/2014  8:11 AM

There is a good book called Cigars, From Soil to Soul.
Can be had on CBid. I paid $4. Great history of cigars. Loads of good informations on everything from planting to aging to rolling.

x2 great book especially for the price
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

Rammstein142

Awesome thanks for the input! I will definitely be picking up some new reads this week then!
"There is nothing more agreeable than having a place where one can throw on the floor as many cigar butts as one pleases without the subconscious fear of a maid who is waiting like a sentinel to place an ashtray where the ashes are going to fall."

"Ich kenne keine Parteien mehr, ich kenne nur noch Deutsche!" Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Die Schlacht ist gewonnen , haben die Engländer wurde völlig besiegt." Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource." John F. Kennedy

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.