JR Cigars and RPs

Started by theoldcc, 10/10/2007 04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theoldcc

In case you haven't noticed, for some reason JRs, as huge as they are, are unable to get cigars from RP.  It's been this way for as long as I can remember.  And every now and then JRs take a jab at RP in their rags or online.  It looks like they took another subtle jab at them.  Check this out.  Kind of funny...so if you can find the subtle RP reference...
http://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?page=fp-fdb
"The most interesting information comes from children, for
they tell all they know and then stop." - Mark Twain
My Smokes

pieman

I don't know man...tough to beat a rocky.
www.myspace.com/johnnypieman

"It seems poker's just not your game, Ike. I know: let's have a spelling contest." - Doc Holliday

monteclaro

Too funny...Vintage 1890 and 1892.  Yeah I would say that takes aim at RP.  But i can't imagine their knockoffs are anywhere near as good.

JF
Hmmm...what to smoke, what to smoke...
http://www.cigargeeks.com/humidor/default....mber=monteclaro

mistagordo

Pretty obvious they are talking about Rocky Patel Vintages.  It amazes me that JRs is unable to get a hold of RPs.  I would think that has to be a major blow since RP has so many followers.

Steve

SenorPablo

I'm such a fan of RPs, I really can't imagine fakes from JRs being as good.  I understand his point though.  It is unlikely all the tobacco in those sticks are aged that long.  But whatever they're doing it's damn good.  Although the 90s are better than the 92s IMO.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

ljlemer

Those numbers aren't supposed to refer to vintages, but to historical years in the history of a cigar company or the country where it is made. Often it's the year the company was founded.
Nobody claims to have 100 year old tobacco. Only one company claims to have pre-Castro tobacco, and that's only 50 years old.

Some companies try to make sure their products are not sold below a certain minimum price, to guarantee profits for all its vendors. Vendors must promise not to undercut the price. Perhaps JR wouldn't agree to that.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.