Holy crap. wtf happened.

Started by c.petree.1, 10/24/2014 10:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c.petree.1

At 2am this morning the police come knocking at my door. They ask me to confirm the vehicles I own and then tell me they have been vandalized. I go down to the parking lot and realize vandalized is an understatement.  My Pontiac g6, the one hit the least was keyed all over, spray painted red and the windshield broken. My jeep Cherokee had 5 broken windows, slashed tires, keyed, spray painted inside and out and the dash and radio were all smashed. The scary part is what was written with the paint. Murder, killer, die, leave and no army were spray painted on the cars. wtf happened? Now I have to spend money, I don't really have extra of, not much before the holidays.  :angry: not sure what is going to happen in the end but this is a bit stressful. Just needed to vent.

StogieDad

Damn dude, anything I can do to help let me know man.  Remember insurance may cover vandalism, hopefully that can soften the blow.  Call me if you need anything.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

sjn1117

Holy shyte Chris!  Sorry bro, sounds like someone needs a good @ss whooping!
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

DonM

Damn bro it sounds like you were targeted personally.  Are the police on it, love to hear they got the bastids. Sorry to hear of the mess, and I hope everything works out for you

"The Curmudgeon"

hebron

Holy !@#%$! That is scary. Are you involved with the army?
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

c.petree.1

Quotehebron - 10/24/2014  1:53 PM

Yeah, I am a Recruiter in Atlanta.

What I really need is beer, lol. Damn deductible. :angry:

hebron

Quotec.petree.1 - 10/24/2014  8:09 PM

Quotehebron - 10/24/2014  1:53 PM

Yeah, I am a Recruiter in Atlanta.

What I really need is beer, lol. Damn deductible. :angry:

Maybe some flower power !@#%$ head who doesn't understand the real world doesn't like your recruiting?
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

Cfickter

That is just a$$in#$@!  Real brave too.  Good luck getting it all taken care of
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

benchjockey

Terrible, cowardly act. Hope they catch the scum that did it. Very sorry for you.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

bigjohn20081983

I would check my lease and see if the damage is covered by it or at least the decutable is but it's a long shot. I would also request a copy of the video footage from the complex I would think most would have some form of it by now. I hope they can fix them and the decutable is able to be met with out to much inconvenience and heartache. You may get one totalled out if the repair cost more than the vehicle cost.
You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

bbruce12

I swear, this world is just going wakkoooo....only one name for the people who did it...yellow cowards....not man enough to confront you face to face.  I do believe in Karma, and hopefully they will get what is coming to them.  I have to agree with another of the comments...although I did not serve in the military, there are a lot of dickheads out there who have absolutely NO idea of how the real world works, and that a military is absolutely essential.  It is kind of like the problem the police have....everyone wants an absolutely sterile outcome to every situation, but....try getting a gun pulled in your face, or having someone spit in your face, and lets  just see how you react...  AND....those same people who complain about the police would be the FIRST ones to bitch about the police not being around if THEY need help......ya just can't win.

nirab

That is just wrong. You don't have to see eye to eye with everyone, and you most certainly can express yourself when this arises. But, a cowardly act of destruction of personal property, that just sucks. Surely they are sick individuals. Prayers n good thoughts to y'all.  :angel:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Camshaft83

That is messed up. Sorry this happened to you. I for one am greatfull for yours and everyone else's service to this country.  :usa:  I hope the police can find the  :moon: that is responsible.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

ItalianGuido

Sorry to hear about this.. I have been harassed for being in the service, but this is total B.S. It was probably some dumb@ss kids. Did the media come out?
"Cigars!"  - Gene Hackman from "Young Frankenstein"

Vroomp

That is really messed up! You should have called one of the TV stations about it as well.....
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

DonM

+1 on seeing if there were camera's and if the film was available. As far as a news crew, I would run that by USAREC or public affairs before you do so that you don't get blasted by them.

I am sure being the NCO that you are, you have a Sig Sauer M11A1 or a Beretta M9 for backup :angel:

"The Curmudgeon"

timpellis

From prior experience I know that my insurance doesn't charge a deductible for acts of vandalism.  Make sure you check the fine print before you write a check.  Sucks that this happened, I hope it was random rather than targeted.

Chip Lemaster

That sucks hard, bet it was a bunch of kids or a younger family member of a new recruit,  people are so stupid anymore ....protest are all and good, as we all have different opinions,, but there is a proper time and place not someone's personal property,,,,

Otter

Sorry brother... report it to your closest CID too if you haven't already especially with the very valid ISIS threats.
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

ntanner

Damn, sorry to hear this. Lot of shmucks running around now day's.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

toby2

c.petree.1

CID did an investigation last night at the scene and it is ongoing. Insurance will cover most but I do have a 500 deductible for each vehicle. The news has been out here but I was told to decline an interview, and they haven't tracked me down yet.

http://www.wsbtv.com/videos/news/milton-police-investigate-vandalism-of-soldiers/vCyfhr/

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/police-say-vandals-destroyed-soldiers-cars-left-ha/nhrRN/

cavenbk

Sorry to hear that Chris! That sucks hard. Hoping the best for you. We are here if y'all need anything
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

sauraspop

Sad state of affairs. I feel for you Chris. I am surprised that kind of thing happened in today's US, more like what happened back in the Vietnam era. I will be more than happy to help you out so your family can enjoy the Holidays. Let me know! I'd be surprised if several of our brothers wouldn't as well. Go Army!
Sammy - Semper Vigilis

Be carful what you wish for, You may get it! Ray Wylie Hubbard (Mother Blues)

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake. ~ Cliffy ~

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.