Whew! I Have Way More Time for Cigars!

Started by Longhorn, 10/24/2014 09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longhorn

The "Honey Boo Boo" show is cancelled... Just freed up more time to enjoy cigars!  :dancing:

"TLC has cancelled the series 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' and ended all activities around the series, effective immediately," a rep from TLC told FOX411."

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/10/24/honey-boo-boo-canceled-amid-sex-offender-scandal-report-says/?intcmp=features

Camshaft83

Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

sjn1117

why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

ItalianGuido

Dang... I love shows that border on child abuse. 
"Cigars!"  - Gene Hackman from "Young Frankenstein"

hebron

QuoteLonghorn - 10/25/2014  6:44 AM

The "Honey Boo Boo" show is cancelled... Just freed up more time to enjoy cigars!  :dancing:

"TLC has cancelled the series 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' and ended all activities around the series, effective immediately," a rep from TLC told FOX411."

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/10/24/honey-boo-boo-canceled-amid-sex-offender-scandal-report-says/?intcmp=features

At least you still have Keeping up with the Kardashians  :thumbsup:
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

DonM

Quotehebron - 10/25/2014  7:24 AM

QuoteLonghorn - 10/25/2014  6:44 AM

At least you still have Keeping up with the Kardashians  :thumbsup:

:barf:

"The Curmudgeon"

bigjohn20081983

It's sad that this even was news worthy.  My news said the mother was dating a sexual predator and that was the reason.
You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

Cfickter

Brad, funny I took you more as a "Say Yes To The Dress" kind of show person!
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

StogieDad

Dammit, now what am I to do on Tuesday,  or whatever the hell night that show came on.

Finally, it was a show even Rednecks could look down upon.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

DonM

After reading about it they were smart in cancelling the show, their real life is as much a train wreck as the show. I don't see how people called it TV worthy or entertainment.  Some of these reality shows are garbage to watch, and people watch them

"The Curmudgeon"

Longhorn

^^^^ X 2.

TLC made millions off this train wreck and made the chief engineer a millionaire.  I hope the kids they featured aren't ruined forever.  Then again, if the show never happened I bet they'd be worse off.

Cfickter

you have to admit that "pound for pound" people got their moneys worth
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Chip Lemaster

Oh, I loved that show, mother dumb as dirt, maybe dating a child molester, which I think is one of her mouthy girls dad,,, yes, what's not to miss it was quality entertainment , top notch who can't love the explotation of children, perpetuating the ideology that every kid deserves a trophy just for playing

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Mojo66

That IS good news. Can't believe it ran for so long.

But then again, most "reality" TV shows have a big fan base. I do not get why but that's just me. Something for every one I guess. If it was only up to me, I'd rid society of most of these wannabe stars, always ready to do and say just about anything for their 15 minutes of fame (read shame).

Talentless wannabes should think about politics instead of TV and social media, would be better suited and the show would only be better for us. We are used to Clowns governing anyways.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

bmac7754

How can they take such an attractive person off the air.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

ebernabe

QuoteChip Lemaster - 10/25/2014  9:25 AM

Oh, I loved that show, mother dumb as dirt, maybe dating a child molester, which I think is one of her mouthy girls dad,,, yes, what's not to miss it was quality entertainment , top notch who can't love the explotation of children, perpetuating the ideology that every kid deserves a trophy just for playing

Took the words out of my mouth
 :word:

ntanner

Quotebmac7754 - 10/25/2014  11:20 AM

How can they take such an attractive person off the air.
Evidence that cousins shouldn't sleep together. :biggrin:
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

05Venturer

s**t Shows like that are why it really doesn't bother me not to have cable or satellite TV anymore. 3/4 of the shows are garbage.
A few years back when I list my job and we were trying to save money I cancelled the dish, beet $100 a month I ever saved.
Free Antenna TV and Netflix for $8 a month  :dancing:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Longhorn

QuoteCfickter - 10/25/2014  7:59 AM

Brad, funny I took you more as a "Say Yes To The Dress" kind of show person!

Quote05Venturer - 10/25/2014  3:24 PM

s**t Shows like that are why it really doesn't bother me not to have cable or satellite TV anymore. 3/4 of the shows are garbage.
A few years back when I list my job and we were trying to save money I cancelled the dish, beet $100 a month I ever saved.

They have "Say Yes to the Dress" on Netflix?  :biggrin:

hebron

Quote05Venturer - 10/25/2014  9:24 PM

+1

We do the same, for half the price of a cable subscription we have have NetFlix and four other streaming services. And I just finished polling two Ethernet cables to the living room computer, so that system is now up and running again  :dancing:
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

toby2

Quotehebron - 10/25/2014  4:03 PM  
Quote05Venturer - 10/25/2014  9:24 PM  s**t Shows like that are why it really doesn't bother me not to have cable or satellite TV anymore. 3/4 of the shows are garbage. A few years back when I list my job and we were trying to save money I cancelled the dish, beet $100 a month I ever saved. Free Antenna TV and Netflix for $8 a month  :dancing:
+1  We do the same, for half the price of a cable subscription we have have NetFlix and four other streaming services. And I just finished polling two Ethernet cables to the living room computer, so that system is now up and running again  :dancing:

I love Amazon Prime. two day shipping and good movie/TV show service. we are at the old price so it's about $6.50 a month.

nwb

Quote05Venturer - 10/25/2014  3:24 PM

Yep.  The only time I miss cable is during college football season, but then again, I catch all the major networks on the antenna and can stream ESPN online.  It is a little more work but works.
Chief of Shaft

Otter

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

tvolball

That has to be the dumbest damn show ever made
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.