Today's Smoke

Started by Hot Stuff x, 08/04/2009 08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hot Stuff x

No cigar today.   I had a bowl of Scotty's Butternut Blend in my Barling bent, and a bowl of Lane RLP in my classic cob.

I just started piping about a month ago.  I'm not giving up cigars.  I like cigars with friends, and the pipe when I'm studying or otherwise alone.  I'm trying not to get to far down the slope with pipes, though. 

LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

guitar tom

smoked some chocolate rain out of my Ben Wade, Golden Matt, smoked some WO Larsen 1864 outa my Jobey, Stromboli. then smoked a  AF cannones and a gran habano huge thing (corojo #5 maybe) Guitar Tom :smoker:
My doctor says I have A.D.D. that stands for Attention Deficit, hey whats that over there.

Hot Stuff x

I have to correct my last post.  I ended up staying up unreasonably late and had a Flor de Oliva lonsdale with about one year of rest.  Those things are just about perfect now.  Flavor reminded me of a Hemingway Short Story.  The wrapper even had that lightly spiced touch of sweetness like the Hemingway cigars have.  A great cigar, should cost twice as much as they're charging.
LES

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

guitar tom

ok, well it's just us posting I guess. Heres my tally for today, started at the shop with a hansotia park avenue 44, then a padilla golden bear. went home, came back to the shop, smoked a LFD DL-700 then a CAO LX2 lancero, then a CAO america, oh and also a Tatuaje SW maduro in there somwhere. (I'm in the habbit of keeping my bands in my pocket, and yes, on occasion I have to smoke a perdomo fresco as you can see, unfortunately they float to the top I guess). Tom :smoker:
My doctor says I have A.D.D. that stands for Attention Deficit, hey whats that over there.

Rebecca Silverwolf

Perdomo Habano maduro robusto. Very nice, went well with the beer I was drinking.
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

gitfiddl

'Twas a Victor Sinclair Serie 55 Yellow Grand Reserve Robusto on the way to last night's gig for me.  It was better that I expected.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

cmmayo

QuoteRebecca Silverwolf - 8/5/2009  1:50 AM

Perdomo Habano maduro robusto. Very nice, went well with the beer I was drinking.

Cool! That's what I had this morning on my long-ass drive to work (San Antonio to Austin). Just the right strength for me this morning--even went well with the Diet Coke I had with me.

Will have to remember to post my review later when somebody isn't paying me to do something else.
 :biggrin:
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

cmmayo

Quoteguitar tom - 8/5/2009  12:13 AM

ok, well it's just us posting I guess. Heres my tally for today, started at the shop with a hansotia park avenue 44, then a padilla golden bear. went home, came back to the shop, smoked a LFD DL-700 then a CAO LX2 lancero, then a CAO america, oh and also a Tatuaje SW maduro in there somwhere. (I'm in the habbit of keeping my bands in my pocket, and yes, on occasion I have to smoke a perdomo fresco as you can see, unfortunately they float to the top I guess). Tom :smoker:

Man, I've only had the Park Avenue out of that top group.

I love the process of emptying out my day's worth of bands from my pockets. Sometimes the shorts I wear before bed end up with several days' worth of bands, which probably means I should have more than one pair of shorts (or I should wash them more often).

:sad:
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

gitfiddl

I started the day with a Gispert Corona.  A little too mild for my taste, almost like a 5 Vegas Gold Light and about halfway through it started needing near constant puffing to stay lit.  

Shortly thereafter, I smoked what I think was a La Vieja Habana Rothschild Luxo, going by the description in the database.  All the band said was La Vieja Habana.  A buddy gave it to me about a month ago and said it had been in his humi "forever".  I enjoyed it much more than the Gispert.  

I'm not sure what's next, but when I woke up this morning I said to myself "Self, I think this is a four or five cigar day!"
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

BlackIrish

Last night, at a small party on my girlfriend's roofdeck here in Boston, two cigars with a fellow cigar smoking friend:  first, a '00 Bolivar Corona Extra, then a DPG JJ maduro belicoso.   Probably because it was well aged, the Boli CE was complex and much more subtle than the more recent Boli's I've smoked.  The DPG JJ was my end of the night dessert smoke, bold, rich, and spicy.  Yum.

Today, just finished a Montecristo Afrique Jambo.  My first Monte Afrique, a nice twist on the original.  Hoping to get in another smoke before the night's over.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

guitar tom

today was just a romeo y julieta red label churchhill that blew up on me and was a hard draw to begin with, and then an el baton torpedo., Tom :smoker:

Yesterday, cabiguan guapo maduro x2, cao brazillia anaconda, padilla golden bear, el rico, cao lx2 lancero, cao itallia box press,  and an LFD DL-700, oh and some chocolate rain in my pipe. wow i was there from 12:00 to 12:00, Tom :smoker:

oh and like 6 vodka tonics (dirty)

gitfiddl

Cigar #3 for me today was a Cu-Avana Intenso Toro.  WOW!  Strong and unrefined is the best description I can give, like being kicked in the chest by a mule when you think you're petting a goat.  I loved it.  I'm gonna eat leftover Chinese takeout and end the night with something nice...maybe one of those flavored Drew Estate Tabak Especial flavored jobs ...

Hot Stuff x

Busy-assed weekend for me.   Friday night I went to a herf and had a Acid Extra Ordinary Larry.  this is a monster 60 ring cigar.  Unfortunately, the wrapper started to unravel the moment I snipped the cap.  That coupled with the giant ring caused a draw problem, felt like the cigar had a hole in it.  I smoked about 2/3 of it anyway. 

Saturday I went for a short (150 miles) ride in the rain with some friends.  Later in the evening smoked a Victor Sinclair Serie 55 Yellow (cameroon) chiselfecto.  The flavor on this cigar is good, but mine was nearly plugged--like sucking a golf ball through a garden hose.

I really wanted to follow that up with a standard Punch, but needed to get to bed---big day coming up Sunday!

Les

LES

ROTHNH

QuoteHot Stuff x - 8/4/2009  8:48 AM

No cigar today.   I had a bowl of Scotty's Butternut Blend in my Barling bent, and a bowl of Lane RLP in my classic cob.

I just started piping about a month ago.  I'm not giving up cigars.  I like cigars with friends, and the pipe when I'm studying or otherwise alone.  I'm trying not to get to far down the slope with pipes, though. 

Pretty far down the slope, actually -- especially if that Barling Bent is pre-transition.

nwb

Had a VSG Robusto.  I've been smoking these for years, and they never fail to amaze me.  What a smooth, complex, flavorful stick!

nwb
Chief of Shaft

nukbucko

I am having a Gurkha Master Select.

Thanks Jackal
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."  -Some Dude I don't Know

mattmancool34

had a olivia g series a smaller box pressed sized maduro pretty good

DonM

How about aPerdomo Habano Corojo at the beach in the afternoon, very nice cigar.  In the evening, I had a Padilla Miami Torpedo, of which was very good.  Happy Soking!

"The Curmudgeon"

BlackIrish

Had an 06 RyJ short churchill for a nightcap. My first of these. It was a lighter (mild-med) but complex and very enjoyable smoke.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

nwb

Working on a Diablo Picantes...nice flavor.  Review to come...

nwb
Chief of Shaft

nukbucko

The very yummy Gurkha Master Selelct

Photobucket
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."  -Some Dude I don't Know

guitar tom

smoked a cabiguan maduro, a el baton torpedo, then an macanudo, i infused with cofee, then a perdomo fresco, then a el baton torpedo! thats it

Jackal

Bolivar lonsdale

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

cmmayo

I had to take a couple of my girlfriend's friends to the airport this morning before work, so I refrained from smoking with them in the car. I think one of them said to smoke if I wanted to, but I try to do everything right when it comes to non-smokers because when I was young, cigarette smoke assaulted my senses...

Anyway, NO smoke today so far--I really wish I had a petite something or other so I could sit outside and puff during lunch break.

:cry:  :violin:

However, yesterday's first smoke was about the most perfect morning smoke I've had in a long time--a La Aurora 2nds robusto. I bought a bundle a couple of months ago and the first I tried was just decent.
However, this one seemed much better and went with my Latte extremely well as I sat on the patio during the early morning hours before the temp climbed over 100. AGAIN.

:bright:
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

guitar tom

only a fresco so far :cry: Cao Brazillia Anaconda, cohiba robusto, and an A. Fuente 8-5-8, Tom :smoker:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.