The Traditional Newbie Pass

Started by Longhorn, 11/18/2014 03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longhorn

This is a thread generated automatically by the Cigar Pass system to discuss the Cigar Pass named 'The Traditional Newbie Pass.'

Use this link to return back to the Cigar Pass.

This pass is being created to give the newer members of our community a chance to experience a "no frills" pass.  Once we have enough Geeks on board, this train will leave the station!

kxthor911

Brad if you need a middle man let me or Michael know.
Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

Yes its fast, no you cant drive it.

StogieDad

Quotekxthor911 - 11/18/2014  6:10 PM

Brad if you need a middle man let me or Michael know.

Be glad to help!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

RDF

I'd like to be a part of this.  I still consider myself a newbie, but obsessive about all the great smokes out there.  The passes ARE fun and it's a great way to learn and try some new sticks. So if you'll have me, I'm in (despite Sugar Bowl 12/31/95 :biggrin: )
HokieSmokes!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." H. Jackson Brown

DonM

If I were a Newbie this would be the pass to be in for sure. Very cool of Brad to put this one on!

"The Curmudgeon"

sjn1117

Definitely the pass to get your feet wet. Very cool of Brad to start this one up for the newcomers. Enjoy y'all!
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

05Venturer

Great way to introduce new Geeks to passes Brad, nice move my friend.  :bow:

For those newbies that don't know Brad he is a 1st Class Geek and this IS the pass to get you started.  :thumbsup:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Cfickter

great idea PM sent if you need to sprinkle in some vets
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Mojo66

These are the times I wish I could still be a newbie :biggrin:
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Longhorn

QuoteRDF - 11/18/2014  6:30 PM

I'd like to be a part of this.  I still consider myself a newbie, but obsessive about all the great smokes out there.  The passes ARE fun and it's a great way to learn and try some new sticks. So if you'll have me, I'm in (despite Sugar Bowl 12/31/95 :biggrin: )

Randy, you can join by hitting the "Request to Join" button found on the home pass of this site or by following the pass information link in the first post of this thread.

Happy to have you!

nirab

If you wanna put me in the rotation, I'd like to have some input to the puts, and skip the takes.  :biggrin:  :angel:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Joelala

Quotenirab - 11/18/2014  10:24 PM

If you wanna put me in the rotation, I'd like to have some input to the puts, and skip the takes.  :biggrin:  :angel:

Very generous. Hit these newbs hard!
Joe

ebernabe

Longhorn

Several newer members are onboard  - plenty of room on this train!

StogieDad

Climb on folks!  Don't be scared, this will be an excellent representation of a Geek pass!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

s+j

QuoteStogieDad - 11/19/2014  12:15 PM

Climb on folks!  Don't be scared, this will be an excellent representation of a Geek pass!

As someone who has recently been accused of not running a traditional pass, I wholly endorse this for newbies as well! This will be a great start to help you avoid getting into hot water on this site.

nirab

Quotes+j - 11/19/2014  8:53 PM

QuoteStogieDad - 11/19/2014  12:15 PM

As someone who has recently been accused of not running a traditional pass, I wholly endorse this for newbies as well! This will be a great start to help you avoid getting into hot water on this site.

No, a newbie who joins this pass will be joining one ran with integrity and honesty, and some killer cigars. Stefan, you simply do not understand how we treat each other here on CG. You are doing things completely the opposite. You are proving that you cannot be trusted, and that is not easily earned back. But don't worry, there are other sites for you to join.  :notamused:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Mojo66

Quotes+j - 11/19/2014  9:53 PM  
QuoteStogieDad - 11/19/2014  12:15 PM  Climb on folks!  Don't be scared, this will be an excellent representation of a Geek pass!

I just can't let this one go by. I mean wow, man, you haven't been ACCUSED of not running a traditional pass, your "pass" is nowhere near traditional and that's a fact, not an accusation. You have chosen to continue running it the way you intended to and that is, from a certain point of view, you prerogative.

But I fail to understand how it is you think you can go on disrespecting the rules and, in the end, most of us geeks, while calling yourself one. To me, being a geek is a whole lot more than smoking or collecting cigars.

I too, like you and many others hate it when people force my hand or plain tell me what to do but I still adhere to society's rules as I want to be part of it, shouldn't it be the same when joining a club? Those rules were there before you joined and the pass etiquette as well. Hundreds of passes happened with diverse themes, each an original pass with happy Geeks participating and ran in many different ways, but all had in common the fact they respected the rules and etiquette.

Why is it you want to play with us but don't want to play by the rules we are all happy to obey? I believe being a Geek means acting like one, can you?

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Longhorn

I'll need a little help from some of you that have already signed up - if there are any brands that you are interested in having in the seed list, post up and I'll do my best to get them in.

The usual suspects will kick this off... Arturo Fuente, CAO, Drew Estate, Flat Bed, Illusione, La Flor Dominicana, Tatuaje, and Viaje.

Post up!  :-)

sar127

We already have one thread discussing the other pass, let's try not to let it spill over and complicate this and other clean threads.
Just a thought.
Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

hebron

I think this is the one that will take my precious pass virginity away, if you'll have me :)
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

Longhorn

Quotehebron - 11/20/2014  1:04 AM

I think this is the one that will take my precious pass virginity away, if you'll have me :)

Please take a seat - the train will leave shortly.   :-)

hebron

QuoteLonghorn - 11/20/2014  7:19 AM

Cool, I'll have to read up on this whole playing virtual thing when I get get back from Bergen. Exciting!  :dancing:
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

Longhorn

Quotehebron - 11/20/2014  1:22 AM

QuoteLonghorn - 11/20/2014  7:19 AM

Cool, I'll have to read up on this whole playing virtual thing when I get get back from Bergen. Exciting!  :dancing:

No worries, we'll make sure you understand it before your turn... in a nutshell, you tell me what your puts and takes are and we ship only those sticks to/from each other versus mailing the entire box. Thanks for joining, Thomas.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.