Since its gotten cold....

Started by Rammstein142, 11/19/2014 06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rammstein142

Anyone have a favorite warm alcoholic beverage they enjoy with there smoke they would like to share? I have been on a Community coffee with Baileys and Frangelico kick lately that has been pairing nicely with my smokes.
"There is nothing more agreeable than having a place where one can throw on the floor as many cigar butts as one pleases without the subconscious fear of a maid who is waiting like a sentinel to place an ashtray where the ashes are going to fall."

"Ich kenne keine Parteien mehr, ich kenne nur noch Deutsche!" Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Die Schlacht ist gewonnen , haben die Engländer wurde völlig besiegt." Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource." John F. Kennedy

Ted

Hot Dr. Pepper with spiced rum (I like Zaya). Stir with an apple wedge.

Unfortunately these are like candy for me, and I can only start a cigar with one. Otherwise I'd be sloshed halfway through the first third.

Rammstein142

Very nice, will say I haven't heard of that before and will have to give that a shot!
"There is nothing more agreeable than having a place where one can throw on the floor as many cigar butts as one pleases without the subconscious fear of a maid who is waiting like a sentinel to place an ashtray where the ashes are going to fall."

"Die Schlacht ist gewonnen , haben die Engländer wurde völlig besiegt." Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource." John F. Kennedy

bmac7754

QuoteTed - 11/19/2014  9:15 PM  Hot Dr. Pepper with spiced rum (I like Zaya). Stir with an apple wedge.  Unfortunately these are like candy for me, and I can only start a cigar with one. Otherwise I'd be sloshed halfway through the first third.

What's wrong with that.  Sounds like a good time.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

sar127

QuoteTed - 11/19/2014  8:15 PM  Hot Dr. Pepper with spiced rum (I like Zaya). Stir with an apple wedge.  Unfortunately these are like candy for me, and I can only start a cigar with one. Otherwise I'd be sloshed halfway through the first third.

This sounds so crazy I'm not even sure it's not a joke, lol, but I love Zaya so I may to try it nonetheless. 

Personally, I love eggnog in the winter but never made one myself so I vow to make one from scratch this year. 

Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

hebron

Irish coffee, it combines two of my favorite things; coffee and whisky :-D
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

Rebecca Silverwolf

Hot tea with a shot of either rum or whisky can work well. I also mull wine and cider around this time of the year, which could pair nicely with a cigar.
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Camshaft83

Quotehebron - 11/19/2014  10:49 PM

Ditto. Except the coffee part. But it does have whiskey so that makes up for it being coffee  :biggrin:
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

amigodecigars

It is a balmy 82 degrees today...hop on a Jet Blue or Spirit plane and c'mon on down and tour the cigar factory in Puriscal. The Costa Rican custom for drinking cold beer is with ice cubes in the glass.  Rum and Johnny Walker are also favorites.  I used to love Bushmills Irish coffees when I lived in San Francisco.
"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

ntanner

Hot buttered rum is good this time of year.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

The Burn Ward

Quotehebron - 11/20/2014  12:49 AM

I hear that. Made 8 oz of cafe bustello mixed with 4 heaping tbsp of raw sugar and 2 oz of Teeling Irish Whisky. It was fantastic.

hebron

QuoteThe Burn Ward - 11/20/2014  3:30 PM

Quotehebron - 11/20/2014  12:49 AM

I hear that. Made 8 oz of cafe bustello mixed with 4 heaping tbsp of raw sugar and 2 oz of Teeling Irish Whisky. It was fantastic.
Sounds fantastic indeed. I need to check what they have in the hotel bar when I get back tonight...
- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

Cfickter

A nice heavy dark roast coffee is preferred but now Longhorn has mentioned a Buffalo Trace Irish Cream!
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Jackal

We are experiencing a cold snap here (highs are not getting above 72).  So it is time to break out the Jagertee

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Rammstein142

Nice, definitely quite a few warm/hot drinks I will have to try out now. Suppose to get back down to freezing after Thanksgiving again, so that should be a good time to bust out the hot drinks again.

ItalianGuido

Redbreast Cask Strength, neat.
"Cigars!"  - Gene Hackman from "Young Frankenstein"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.