2015 Member Sponsored Geek Critique Only Two Slots Left

Started by junglepete, 11/26/2014 12:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

It's that time of year to put together the 2015 Geek Critique Calendar. 2014 saw a great variety of critiqued cigars pass through our homepage and a HUGE thanks goes out to all those who sponsored them. It is easy to say that without your Geek Critique sponsorships this just would not happen.

If you are interested to sponsor a Geek Critique for 2015, please read the following two links before committing to a scheduled slot:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=39

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=42

January - Vroomp (Brad)
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=31329.0

January - sar127 (Rob)

February - StogieDad (Michael) Jericho Hill OBS
February - Cfickter (Chuck) - Flatbed Track 7

March - Ted (Ted) - Ashton Symmetry Belicoso
March - ItalianGuido (Aaron)

April - Longhorn (Brad)
April - The Burn Ward (Jared)

May - kxthor911 (Nick)
May - mike.casey (Michael)

June - Camshaft83 (Cam)
June - Chip Lemaster (Paul) - Rodriguez Series 84 Maduro

July - CrazyK (Karl)
July -

August - ntanner (Neal)
August - mpurtle01 (Matt)

September - 1sgjeffward (Jeff)
September - Smurf (Eric)

October - nirab (Brian)
October - sjn1117 (Stephen)

November - Ken Kelly (Ken)
November -

December - nwb (Nathan)
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Cfickter

thanks for posting, definitely interested.  PM on the way
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Brlesq

Pete, when would the reviews be do for the 2 January slots?  
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Longhorn

Thanks for coordinating, Pete.  I'll take one of the April slots please.

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Ted

ntanner

I'll take one of the  August spot's. It doesn't matter which one.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

bigjohn20081983

I have not done one yet and to be honest doing one and FUBARing it scares the shyte out of me. I may jump in one the later part of the year if I get more comfortable after reading and seeing the reviews done. Don't want to do the cold water method and just jump in/
You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

Longhorn

Quotebigjohn20081983 - 11/26/2014  11:21 AM

I have not done one yet and to be honest doing one and FUBARing it scares the shyte out of me. I may jump in one the later part of the year if I get more comfortable after reading and seeing the reviews done. Don't want to do the cold water method and just jump in/

FYI Big John, this thread is soliciting the sponsors - the ones who get the cigars in the hands of the reviewers and ensure the deadlines are hit for submissions.  It varies, but sometimes the sponsor also participates in the review.  The sponsors are then on a schedule for the year and will work with Pete to ask for volunteers to receive a cigar and commit to writing a review.

sar127

Pm sent, I'm interested in member sponsoring the January.
Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

Vroomp

I can probably swing a January or February critique since I know those early ones are hard to get scheduled.........PM sent
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

junglepete

QuoteBrlesq - 11/26/2014  8:36 AM

Pete, when would the reviews be do for the 2 January slots?  

January slots are due December 25th and January 10th
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

junglepete

I think I got everyone so far...if not let me know in this thread. Also, for anyone interested in an available slot, please let me know here in the thread rather than a PM as it is easier to process using a first come first serve basis without switching back and forth between pages.

Thanks to all so far for sponsoring!! Looks like it will be a good year  :-)
Guru of Frugality

Ted

kxthor911

Put me down for one may thru July. Whatever is easiest for the group.
Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

Yes its fast, no you cant drive it.

junglepete

Quotekxthor911 - 11/26/2014  8:49 PM

Put me down for one may thru July. Whatever is easiest for the group.

Put you down for May. Thanks!
Guru of Frugality

The Burn Ward

junglepete

QuoteThe Burn Ward - 11/27/2014  8:20 AM

I'll take the ass end of April.

You got it...thanks!! :biggrin:
Guru of Frugality

Camshaft83

I'll pick up the first one in June. Can I make a stipulation that it has to be smoked on May 15th (my wedding day)?
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

junglepete

QuoteCamshaft83 - 11/28/2014  6:41 AM

I'll pick up the first one in June. Can I make a stipulation that it has to be smoked on May 15th (my wedding day)?

:biggrin: You can make any stipulation you like. What time would you like it smoked, during the actual ceremony or maybe when the marriage is being consummated  :lmao: Sorry, couldn't help myself there. I put you down for early June. Thanks!!
Guru of Frugality

Camshaft83

Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

Ted

Quotejunglepete - 11/28/2014  5:08 AM  
QuoteCamshaft83 - 11/28/2014  6:41 AM  I'll pick up the first one in June. Can I make a stipulation that it has to be smoked on May 15th (my wedding day)?
:biggrin: You can make any stipulation you like. What time would you like it smoked, during the actual ceremony or maybe when the marriage is being consummated  :lmao: Sorry, couldn't help myself there. I put you down for early June. Thanks!!

:lmao:

Google Herf?

Camshaft83

QuoteTed - 11/28/2014  6:57 AM

Quotejunglepete - 11/28/2014  5:08 AM  
QuoteCamshaft83 - 11/28/2014  6:41 AM  I'll pick up the first one in June. Can I make a stipulation that it has to be smoked on May 15th (my wedding day)?

Google Herf?

I can only imagine how that conversation would go. "So let's try something new involving a webcam and cigars".  :lmao:

The Burn Ward

mike.casey

Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.