Frozen turkey tomorrow

Started by bmac7754, 11/26/2014 08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmac7754

Snow storm has caused a hell of a mess with power lines down and the whole town without power. Guess we are going to be eating frozen turkey tomorrow. I should just turn in and go to bed but thinking about sitting out on the porch and sparking up a cigar.  
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

ItalianGuido

That sucks, man. Fire a good one up. Hey, at least the turkey won't go bad..
"Cigars!"  - Gene Hackman from "Young Frankenstein"

RDF

No fun.  Hope you get your power back soon. Fire it up.
HokieSmokes!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." H. Jackson Brown

Rammstein142

That is awful...could always build a nice fire and roast that turkey! (seriously though hope things improve up there!)
"There is nothing more agreeable than having a place where one can throw on the floor as many cigar butts as one pleases without the subconscious fear of a maid who is waiting like a sentinel to place an ashtray where the ashes are going to fall."

"Ich kenne keine Parteien mehr, ich kenne nur noch Deutsche!" Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Die Schlacht ist gewonnen , haben die Engländer wurde völlig besiegt." Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource." John F. Kennedy

benchjockey

Terrible news. Hope you get power back soon.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

DonM

I hope you get your power back and get to cook that bird!  Happy Thanksgiving

"The Curmudgeon"

StogieDad

Hang in there bud. Hope you still have a good Thanksgiving!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

terrys1991

Sure hate to hear that hope things improve quickly, & you have a Happy Thanksgiving
"I feel a whole lot more like I do right now, than I did a while ago"

Longhorn

Happy Thanksgiving, Brian!  Stay warm!

johncw

Hope they can get the power back on soon.

ntanner

Sorry to hear it's starting off not so good but at least you can still smoke while you wait for the light's to come on. Happy Thanksgiving.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Cfickter

sorry to hear that, hope you get the power back soon, but in the mean time enjoy smoking something nice
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Smurf

orbis non sufficit

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

sjn1117

Sorry to hear that Brian. Hope your holiday improves brother.
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

Mojo66

Thats sucks big time Brian. You could rent a generator if power stays down, don't know about you neck of the wood but they are pretty popular around here.

I hope you have a nice Thanksgiving, with or without Turkey.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

ebernabe

Hope things get better fast for you.  Try and stay warm.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.