Holiday House Break Contest

Started by sar127, 11/27/2014 08:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sar127

Came home yesterday evening after enjoying a beautiful day off from work to find my house ransacked. I'm sure other people here have experienced that before but after 20 years in this house, this is my first time. LUCKILY the women were out of town for the week as I would hate to think what that encounter could've been like. Of the many things stolen, one was my tablet used for Google Herfs, so I will have to be on the lookout on black friday for a replacement quick because they are not going to keep me from enjoying a stogie with friends! Lol

But F it, one of the stops on my way home happened to be a cigar shop and a liquor store so I made a night of it with friends as you can imagine. So to stay in the spirit of thanksgiving, a prize will be given away from my untouched cigars. Although they took all my tools including a Xikar with my name on it!! Hah!

So THE CONTEST will be simply to guess the exact number of ounces left in my 750ml Crown bottle this morning, to the closest HALF OUNCE. There were other bottles as well so it's really a crap shoot for you guys.

Have fun with it guys and enjoy the holidays everyone! And please no sympathy, everything is alright, I just needed to vent. Good Luck all!!  

Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

lubrix

Sorry to hear,hope they catch the SOB's. - 3.2 oz
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Otter

I hope they find the bastards and they get a taste of the Texas Justice System!

Ok... I will guess that y'all about emptied that bottle so I'll say 1 oz  :smoker2:
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

Cfickter

Rob, sorry to hear that, F'n people have no respect for what people have worked for.
I'll go 4.5oz
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Chrism305

If you drank it by yourself 200ml. If it was with friends it was bone dry.

Brlesq

Sorry to hear that Rob.  Hope they catch the bastids.

I'll go with 14 oz
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

benchjockey

Hate to hear stories like this.  2 1/4 oz.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

05Venturer

I will say 0

That's what would be left if it was me :biggrin:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

nirab

Sorry to hear about the break in. Its just stuff they got, so I know you and your family will be fine, and I will pray for y'all.  

My guess is 6.7 oz...did I win??  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

quickme

Sorry to hear about the break in.  Glad all the stuff was replaceable.  I say there's only 1/2 left..

The Burn Ward

Glad they didnt touch your smokes. 9.5 oz

ntanner

7 oz. left. Sorry to hear about the break in, and taking a man's cigar equipment, that's down right mean. Lousy bastiches.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

sjn1117

Rob if you need anything. ....I'm guessing .25 oz
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

SparklePony

2.7 oz...and man, that sucks.  I'm glad everyone's ok.
Yes, it's a pineapple hat.  No, you can't put your cigar out in it.

jharrisx5

Sucks!!!

I guess 6.0 ounces...just enough for a refresher!
Puff Puff Give....

cavenbk

5.5 oz... Sorry to hear about the break-in, but as others have said, thankfully it's just "stuff" that's replaceable. Thanks for the contest!
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

Mojo66

Sad news, sorry to hear about that.

Cool contest though, shows you have a sense of humor.

I'll guess there was 7.5 onces left in that bottle this morning
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

gpd4

That blows, man.  Many thanks for the contest - I'll say 11.5oz left.
My greatest fear in life is that when I die, my wife sells my things for what I told her I paid for them...

sar127

Appreciate it guys. Ok so they left every last cabinet door in the house open, which is fine I guess. But you know what really offended me is that they left the freezer door and the car doors open too! I mean WTF?? My foods melted and my battery died, I mean c'mon, isn't it just instinctive to close fridges and cars??? lol Oh well.

Keep guessing guys, I'll leave this open one more day.
Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

Mojo66

Saurabh, do you mean we can all go on guessing until one nails it?

If so, my new guess is 10 1/2 ounces.

Oh and I hope the shameless fools who robbed your house get hit hard by Karma, there has to be some kind of justice, somewhere.

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Caveman Steve

That friggin BLOWS!!

I'll guess 6.5 OZ. 

"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

tgs679

johncw

I'm really sorry to hear that man. I'll say 17oz

Remodelx15

Sorry to hear this, but thanks for trying to make something fun out of it!  How about 13.0?
If you're not lucky, we can't use you.
- WW2 Submarine admiral

bmac7754

Sorry to hear this bud, I will guess .5 oz
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.