Thanksgiving Eve Snowstorm

Started by Brlesq, 11/27/2014 10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brlesq

We got the same storm last night as bmac, but were fortunate enough to not to lose power (at least in my neighborhood . . . all underground power lines).  It was the really heavy, wet snow, and we got 9".  The guys on the herf last night were able to hear the trees crashing from the weight of the snow a couple of times, and me swearing when a big branch on my tree out front snapped off, Christmas lights and all.  Also lost 3/4 of a really nice 20 year old plum tree in my backyard. (The whole thing will have to be cut down.  :-( ) Here's a few pictures of what we woke up to this morning:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

05Venturer

Glad you and the family are safe buddy. Could've been much worse. Enjoy your Thanksgiving. :biggrin:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

bmac7754

Good to hear you are ok Bruce, power is back on this morning.  Game On!!!
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

bmac7754

Being such an old State here in MA we have no underground wires, all poles which fall and make a mess during storms.  About half my town is still out of power and I got friends that are freaking out not knowing what to do.  I say uncover the BBQ's and make some burgers and make the best of it.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Brlesq

Quotebmac7754 - 11/27/2014  1:27 PM

Being such an old State here in MA we have no underground wires, all poles which fall and make a mess during storms.  About half my town is still out of power and I got friends that are freaking out not knowing what to do.  I say uncover the BBQ's and make some burgers and make the best of it.

Yup.  We were prepared in case we did lose power.  My wife went to the store yesterday to get a cooked ham, and it was going to be ham sammies today if we lost power.  We 'lucked' out, so now I get to cook for 3 hours.   :biggrin:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

ntanner

Good to hear you're all OK. Happy Thanksgiving.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Mojo66

I just HATE snow. Glad to hear everyone is OK.

A happy white thanksgiving to you all
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

sar127

Shame about the tree, but it sure looks like a postcard out there!
Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

The Burn Ward

It's a shame something so beautiful causes so much damage.

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Longhorn

Glad both you and Brian are safe - hopefully the snow didn't set you back too much in enjoying the day and time with family!

Camshaft83

Glad everyone is ok and no one got hurt during the big storms.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

SparklePony

Yes, it's a pineapple hat.  No, you can't put your cigar out in it.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.