January Member Sponsored Geek Critique (First Two Weeks)

Started by junglepete, 11/28/2014 03:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

SPECIAL NOTE: Any reviewers participating in this Geek Critique will be on a tight deadline and need to have the cigar reviewed by Dec. 25th.

This first Geek Critique of the new year is being generously sponsored by Vroomp (Brad).

The Cigar: Ashton Heritage Puro Sol

The Hype: Handcrafted in the Dominican Republic, Ashton Heritage Puro Sol captures a savvy audience for medium-bodied cigars with a spectacular bevy of 100% sun grown Dominican binder and filler tobaccos.  Gorgeous Ecuador Habano wrappers crown pronounced traces of spicy caramel and almonds.  Sugary notes chase impressions of fresh-cut toast.  A direct sunlight growing process champions a subtle elevation in strength without renouncing the classic, creamy finish of Ashton Heritage Puro Sol.

The Reviewers:

1. Jharrisx5 (Jason)

2. Sauraspop (Sammy)

3. Camshaft83 (Cam)

4. bmac7754 (Brian)

5. Longhorn (Brad)

Due Date: December 25th, 2014

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this new initiative in place.

A big thanks goes out to Brad for taking this one on and providing a unique cigar. THANKS!! And happy smokin'  :cigarman:

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Camshaft83

Now that is how you open up the new years Geek Critique. Way to go Brad! :bigthumbs:
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Vroomp

I would like to ask for volunteers for this review that are veteran status or above please. We only have a limited number of days to get reviewers so don't be shy folks. I would like to get these in the mail by December 5th................
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Camshaft83

Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

bmac7754

If you will have me, I would like to get in on this
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Longhorn

I'll raise my hand for this one!  Pick me! Pick me!

Cfickter

Awesome opening stick Brad. Would love to do this one but travel schedule may risk completion and don't want to chance it.
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

quickme

looking forward to hearing what everyone says about this stick.

Vroomp

Cam, Brian, and Brad thanks for volunteering!  Just two more Geeks needed here please!

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.

sauraspop

I'll participate if you need someone but will defer to any other deserving Geek who wants give it a go.
Sammy - Semper Vigilis

Be carful what you wish for, You may get it! Ray Wylie Hubbard (Mother Blues)

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake. ~ Cliffy ~

Camshaft83

BewareDaPenguin

Man I would love to do this one I'm a big Ashton fan and have not smoked the Puro, but I have a lot going on right now so I won't be able to participate, I'm sure you won't have problems finding geeks to smoke that stick it looks great! Way 2 start off the new year! :smoker:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

jharrisx5

This guy would love to smoke that cigar...never had one, so I'm down if you need a fella!
Puff Puff Give....

Vroomp

Thanks Sammy & Jason!

Looks like we have our five Pete!

Jharrisx5

Sauraspop

Camshaft83

bmac7754

Longhorn

I will get these out on Monday! :smoker:

Cfickter

Great list of reviewers, this should be good.  Great start to the 2014 critiques
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

nwb

That's a heck of a cigar to be reviewed.  Looking forward to them!
Chief of Shaft

Vroomp

Priority Mail® 2-Day
Small Flat Rate Box

9405 9036 9930 0298 4861 32 (Sequence Number 1 of 5)

Scheduled Delivery Date: 12/04/2014
Shipped to: CAM

Priority Mail® 2-Day
Small Flat Rate Box

9405 9036 9930 0298 4861 63 (Sequence Number 2 of 5)

Shipped to: BRIAN

Priority Mail® 2-Day
Small Flat Rate Box

9405 9036 9930 0298 4861 70 (Sequence Number 3 of 5)

Shipped to: BRAD

Priority Mail® 2-Day
Small Flat Rate Box

9405 9036 9930 0298 4861 87

Shipped to: SAMMY

Priority Mail® 2-Day
Small Flat Rate Box

9405 9036 9930 0298 4862 00 (Sequence Number 5 of 5)

Shipped to:

JASON

Thanks fellas!  Enjoy! :smoker:  

Smurf

orbis non sufficit

junglepete

QuoteVroomp - 12/1/2014  2:17 PM

Priority Mail® 2-Day
Small Flat Rate Box

9405 9036 9930 0298 4861 32 (Sequence Number 1 of 5)

Shipped to: CAM

Priority Mail® 2-Day
Small Flat Rate Box

9405 9036 9930 0298 4861 63 (Sequence Number 2 of 5)

Shipped to: BRIAN

Priority Mail® 2-Day
Small Flat Rate Box

9405 9036 9930 0298 4861 70 (Sequence Number 3 of 5)

Shipped to: BRAD

Priority Mail® 2-Day
Small Flat Rate Box

9405 9036 9930 0298 4861 87

Shipped to: SAMMY

Priority Mail® 2-Day
Small Flat Rate Box

9405 9036 9930 0298 4862 00 (Sequence Number 5 of 5)

Shipped to:

JASON

Thanks fellas!  Enjoy! :smoker:  

:bigthumbs:

:bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

sauraspop

Got mine today plus a couple of hitchhikers. Thanks Brad!
Sammy - Semper Vigilis

Be carful what you wish for, You may get it! Ray Wylie Hubbard (Mother Blues)

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake. ~ Cliffy ~

Vroomp

:bigthumbs:

Please keep that in your most stable humi! :shades:

I am really interested in what burn rates we get on these since that has been the only shortcoming so far in current reviews....... :biggrin:

bmac7754

Thanks Brad for letting me in on this.  Looking forward to it
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Camshaft83

I got mine today as well. Thanks for the hitchhikers you snuck in the box :bigthumbs:

bmac7754

Brad, looks like mine hit the post office today but I left work late and didn't make it.  Will grab them tomorrow.

jharrisx5

Mine shows as delivered also...I'm at Disneyland until Saturday so it's resting safely at the PO box until I get back...can't wait to give it a sniff!
Puff Puff Give....

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.