Increased Storage, Kitty Litter question

Started by ninfiction, 12/03/2014 05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninfiction

So I've been using a 20 qt Sterilite Air/Water tight container with 3 trays in it and it's running out of room. I could squeeze more single in but no room for a couple boxes that I have coming. I purchased the same container in the 54 qt size, I have an extra tray so I would have 4 on one half and boxes in the other half. I have been using Boveda packs in the smaller container and they have been working fine but I'm thinking with double the space I need something else and was thinking kitty litter.

I have the unscented crystal kl for my cats that many people seem to use for humidification, my question is, how much do I need to use and is it a pain? I've read that once it's trained it doesn't really require much work other than an occasional spritz of distilled water, is that true? The temp in my house holds upper 60's year round, basement in summer and upstairs in winter so I didn't figure I need a cooler and this Sterilte was only $13 and I had the trays.

What about a fan for airflow? Do you think that's necessary? I've noticed that since winter has hit the rh in my 20 qt is a % or 2 different top to bottom of the container but it's pretty full.

[Here's the container] http://www.target.com/p/sterilite-54-qt-13-5-gal-air-water-tight-storage-bin-aquarium-blue/-/A-15079778#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=sterilite+air%2Fwater

Thanks in advance!
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Longhorn

ninfiction

Awesome, thank you! I thought I had read thru the entire knowledgebase. Still trying to figure my way around the site a bit.

Joelala

I use KL and during the winter it needs more attention than the summer. But I would say its only once or twice a month
Joe

Brlesq

QuoteJoelala - 12/4/2014  9:47 AM

I use KL and during the winter it needs more attention than the summer. But I would say its only once or twice a month

x2
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

ninfiction

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.