Wineador Question

Started by blondie, 12/04/2014 09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blondie

Do the thermoelectric wineadors generate some level of moisture just via the operation of the fan?  I noticed some mold on a few cigars since I moved to the Whynter Cigar Cooler/Humidor.  Humidity seem to be in the 69 70 even though I have 65% heartfelt beads in there.  I was only on the stick that had no cello, and only the ones closes to the fan...

Rhall

if im not mistaken the only ones that produce any kind of moisture are the one with a compressor.
Insert sarcastic quote here.

Cfickter

a couple of suggestions.  I am not sure what they use as a seal around the door but check the seal for rips or tears or indentions.  the seal should have a little suction to it so you shouldn't be able to easily pull it open
Don't rely on the analog hygrometer.  Get a digital in there if you haven't already.   Check the fan area to see if it might be drawing in outside air (missing screws)
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Mojo66

If you inserted many cigars at once that were kept at higher RH, they could be the cause of your higher RH %. What's the temp in and outside the Wineador? Where were the cigars stored before the Wineador, at what RH% and Temp?
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

sjn1117

Take the beadsout and let them dry like we talked about on the herf.I would try dry beads for a few days to see what that does for the RH.
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

jharrisx5

They don't "produce" any moisture, they do cause the moisture to condensate and either exit the cooler via the drain, or if he drain is plugged the moisure will pool on the bottom of the cooler.  I plugged the drain on my unit and directed the condensation into a container of Kitty litter.  After a bit the cigars and cedar drawers all stabilized and now I remain at 65% RH which is where I want it.  Basically maintenance free now other than rotating drawers every now and then to avoid any dead spots...I have had one cigar get a mold spot but that was early on...all good now!
Puff Puff Give....

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.