KFC storage question

Started by cigarzinn, 12/20/2014 04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cigarzinn

Hello fellow Geeks. Quick question. I just bought my first 10 KFCs. I have had them at different B&Ms while I travelled for work. Now that I have them I put them in their own humi so that their powerful aroma does not affect my other sticks. Just wondering if I am being too cautious or if I made the right call. I will likely buy more of them in the future, so I may not always have the luxury of a stand alone humidor for them. Anyone have any input?

ninfiction

Agreed, you should keep them separate from your other cigars. The easiest would be to get a small tupperware container and just put a boveda pack in with them. Treat them like infused cigars.

edit: I keep one of those plastic cigar jars with a latch top for my wife's infused sticks and just have a small boveda in there. She rarely smokes and them seem to be keeping fine.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

StogieDad

I kept ten in my cooler still in the brown paper but the bag open and never noticed them.  It would be safe to stick them in a separate Tupperware though if it is something you plan on keeping on hand.  Invest $10 and just refill as needed.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Longhorn

Put mine in finger bags and then into my cabinet... no issues.

Chuckster

One day I will learn...

bmac7754

I agree with you Chris. I have a separate humidor that I keep flavored and high aroma cigars in. I don't want them hanging out with my other cigars.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Cfickter

QuoteChuckster - 12/27/2014  11:29 AM  Kfc?

Kentucky Fired Cured, from Drew Estate. It is an extension of the My Uzi line. Very smoky flavor. The process is not new to curing tobacco. DE just takes it to the next level

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

bmac7754

QuoteChuckster - 12/27/2014  11:29 AM  Kfc?

My Uzi Weighs a Ton Kentucky Fire cured. They smell heavy of BBQ. 

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Cigary

I don't smoke infused cigars at all anymore but I do know there is a transfer to other cigars if they have their own pungent aroma.  As has been suggested a tupperware container will be perfect for storage with whatever media you prefer.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.