Worried @ Heartfelt Beads

Started by dddddmorgan, 01/01/2015 12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dddddmorgan

As the title states, I'm concerned about my Heartfelt beads I have in my desktop humidor.

I purchased the nice stainless humidifier with 65% beads. I've never used anything but the Heartfelt supplied syringe and distiller water.

Should I be worried about the discolored beads? 

I have a message in to Heartfelt but with the holidays I doubt to hear anything for a bit.

(If this pic is too small to see p.m. me and I can send you a big clear pic)

Well snap!! I'm having trouble uploading the pic, any volunteers to help? Please and thank you ;-)

Molon Labe!

Ken Kelley

Quotedddddmorgan - 1/1/2015  3:46 AM

As the title states, I'm concerned about my Heartfelt beads I have in my desktop humidor.

I purchased the nice stainless humidifier with 65% beads. I've never used anything but the Heartfelt supplied syringe and distiller water.

Should I be worried about the discolored beads? 

I have a message in to Heartfelt but with the holidays I doubt to hear anything for a bit.

(If this pic is too small to see p.m. me and I can send you a big clear pic)

Well snap!! I'm having trouble uploading the pic, any volunteers to help? Please and thank you ;-)

Don't worry about the discolored beads...unless they're green mold color that it. Mine turned sort of brownish after a while because they picked up some of the volatile oils in the cigars. As long as they work like they should I wouldn't worry too much about them.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

1029henry

Ken is correct, the discoloration is normal. I've been using K/L lately, and the same thing happens to it.
"What a kid I got, I told him about the birds and the bees and he told me about the butcher and my wife"

"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them"

"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met"
-Rodney Dangerfield

DonM

My beads are the color of a seasoned cellophane. No worries mine still work fine

"The Curmudgeon"

dddddmorgan

Phew!
Thanks for the input, I'm relieved, no green or black just some brownish/rust colors.
Makes sense that they would absorb the oils.
Molon Labe!

ntanner

I have had that happen with a couple of the jell jars do that but they still work fine and they smell like a good cigar too.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

vw77guy

I have one of the Xikar sticks and the gel is a nice yellow/brown color after about 7 years.  Still seems to work fine.

ThinBlueLine

I noticed that when my humidity drops a couple points in my one humidor the KL is that color it's really telling me time to change out for new.  For some reason the KL doesn't regulate the humidity as well for me when it's been in there for a long period and turns that color.  The minute I change it out I am good to go again for months, just something I came across.
I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

Astalo

I have some beads in mesh bag in my humi. They were laying on top of cigar box and beads started to get some colour. I wanted to be sure that they stay good and don't get clogged up or anything. So i put thin plastic sheet between the beads and cedar. No colouring after that.

nkowal

Same thing happens to mine.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.