February Member Sponsored Geek Critique (First Two Weeks)

Started by junglepete, 01/02/2015 07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by Michael (Stogiedad).

The Cigar: Jericho Hill OBS

The Hype: Only Jon Huber of Crowned Heads could pull-off a cigar inspired by Johnny Cash's Cocaine Blues. With help from My Father Cigars in Nicaragua, they have created an all BOX-PRESSED edition that's rich, potent and complex as it gets. The smoke is a full-throttle experience that assaults the palate at break-neck speed, races around your mouth for 100 miles, and leaves your taste buds in a cloud of power, intensity, and excitement, says Huber. A MUST-SMOKE for power hitters.

The Reviewers:

1. kxthor911, (Nick)
 2. mike.casey (Mike)
 3. Longhorn (Brad)
 4. The Burn Ward (Jared)
 5. beegerply (Byron)

Due Date: January 26, 2015

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this new initiative in place.

Thanks again to Michael for taking this one on and providing the cigar. THANKS!! And happy smokin'  :smoker:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Mojo66

I'm too far up North and don't want to force Michael to have to ship to the GWN on such short notice but I would have loved to review this cigar. Shouldn't be hard to fill the 2 remaining spots.

I'll be reading the GC with great interest
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Beegerply

Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

nirab

I'm willing to be considered if ya have a need for a review geek!  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Cfickter

Pete, willing to defer to Brian and Byron, I am in Jared's April review

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

StogieDad

I had one more invite out that accepted, and since Chuck stepped back, if Beegerply is up for it, first to reply, you are in brother.  I will get these mailed first of the week guys.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Cfickter

Didn't want to hog all the critiques but this one will be interesting. Enjoy brothers

Beegerply

Thanks I'm in sorry for the late reply was gone all weekend
Byron

mike.casey

Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

Cigary

I will be interested in seeing this thread with the reviews....I've smoked a lot of these and won't play spoiler as to what my thoughts were.  It's Crowned Heads...enough saidl

Longhorn

Looking forward to trying this cigar - thanks for sponsoring, Michael!  :thumbsup:

Beegerply

Were we at on this just want to make sure I've not missed the mail.   :confused:
Byron

StogieDad

Sorry guys, super cold temps = frozen pipes = dudes in the insurance business crazy busy.  Got them out today.  Still should have a couple weeks to get them smoked.  These have been in my humi since the release, so they should recover quickly.

Byron
Jared
Nick
Mike
Brad
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

DonM

Looking forward to the reviews gents, I really like this cigar

"The Curmudgeon"

StogieDad

Did everybody but Byron get these yesterday?  Looks like yours will land today Byron.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Longhorn

Longhorn

Review is in Michael and Pete... thanks for having me!

DonM

I am finishing one now, looking forward to seeing the reviews from all of you

"The Curmudgeon"

kxthor911

Will have to remember to get this one in this weekend. Should be able to find an hour or so to smoke a cigar.
Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

Yes its fast, no you cant drive it.

Beegerply

Review is in thanks Michael for letting me do this review.  :biggrin:
Byron

mike.casey

I'll type up mine tomorrow. Sorry for cutting it so close.
Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

StogieDad

Nice reviews guys.  Looks like everyone enjoyed this one!  Thanks for helping me out with these fellas.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.