February Member Sponsored Geek Critique (Last Two Weeks)

Started by junglepete, 01/02/2015 03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by Chuck (Cfickter).

The Cigar: Flatbed Cigar Company Track 7 (5x60)

The Hype: One of our newest releases. This is a 5x60 Arapiraca Maduro box Press.  A smooth, full body smoke with exceptional build and draw.  Rated 5 STARS by Cigar, Cigars! Although it began as a 5x60, box pressing the cigar slims the gauge down a bit.  The size is perfect.  The draw is perfect.  As a box press heats up...it slowly swells (at the heat source) and creates an effortless draw.

The Reviewers:

1. biggsy16 (Rich)
 2. ntanner (Neil)
 3. DRuff (Doug)
 4. 05Venturer (Kent)
 5. Ken Kelley (Ken) Corrected spelling

Due Date: February 10, 2015

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this new initiative in place.

Thanks again to Chuck for taking this one on and providing the cigar. THANKS!! And happy smokin'  :cigarman:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

biggsy16

Never done being a Dad

Vroomp

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Cfickter

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

ntanner

I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

junglepete

Quotebiggsy16 - 1/2/2015  7:20 PM

If allowed would love too.

You're in.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

junglepete

Quotentanner - 1/5/2015  10:24 AM

I will volunteer if you still need people.

You're in
Guru of Frugality

ninfiction

I'm a noob with just 5 reviews, I'd be willing to give it a shot. I've read the critque info but I'll go over it again with a fine toothed comb to be sure I don't muck it up if you'll have me.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Chadboskie

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

johncw

Thanks Chuck for sponsoring.
I would love to but just can't sit outside long enough to give the cigar a fair shake.

Ken Kelley

The arapiraca wrapper is one of my favorites and I'm a fan of Flatbed offerings. If you have trouble filling a spot I will step in and do the duty as an alternate if you get desperate!  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Chip Lemaster

If you need another reviewer, I will volunteer love flatbed cigars,,,,, if not, there will be plenty of chance during the year,,,

s+j

I've already reviewed this but wouldn't mind giving it another try.

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

Cfickter

Cigars going out early next week. Will post tracking numbers

05Venturer

Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

ntanner

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Cfickter

Here are the first three tracking numbers:  leaving Monday
Kent: 9405903699300336606799
Ken: 9405903699300336606812
Neal: 9405903699300336606829

ntanner

Mine arrived today and are in the humi getting a little rest before I toast em. Thanx for the ride along Chuck. The Track 7 look's delicious.

Ken Kelley

Quotentanner - 1/14/2015  2:54 AM

Mine arrived today and are in the humi getting a little rest before I toast em. Thanx for the ride along Chuck. The Track 7 look's delicious.

I'll echo that. The box arrived today. I was surprised because I submitted myself as an alternate in case you couldn't find another willing victim. However, I don't mind at all to smoke what looks like a pretty good cigar! And thanks for the rider as well!  :biggrin:

On another front...looks like it's getting harder to find people willing to do these reviews. What's going on with that?  :confused:

Ken Kelley

Quotejunglepete - 1/2/2015  6:43 AM

The Reviewers:

1. biggsy16 (Rich)
2. ntanner (Neil)
3. DRuff (Doug)
4. 05Venturer (Kent)
5. Ken Kelley

Not Kelly, Pete, it's KELLEY! Do you want to start a Holy War? Kelly is the Catholic spelling! Don't never forget my extry "E"!  :biggrin:  

05Venturer

Got mine today
Thanks for the opportunity and the hitchhiker Chuck  :thumbsup:
Kent

junglepete

QuoteKen Kelley - 1/14/2015  3:47 PM

Quotejunglepete - 1/2/2015  6:43 AM

The Reviewers:

1. biggsy16 (Rich)
2. ntanner (Neil)
3. DRuff (Doug)
4. 05Venturer (Kent)
5. Ken Kelley

Not Kelly, Pete, it's KELLEY! Do you want to start a Holy War? Kelly is the Catholic spelling! Don't never forget my extry "E"!  :biggrin:  

Got it :biggrin:
Guru of Frugality

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.