Walk In Humidor Photos

Started by shakinghorizons, 01/06/2015 10:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shakinghorizons

This is the humidor I build when I decided to spend lots of money on cigars I had only had 1 or 5 of, LOL

http://i62.tinypic.com/nzr32w.jpg width=600>

http://i59.tinypic.com/2zpqvti.jpg width=600>

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

benchjockey

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

sjn1117

Dang that's sweet brother!
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

ninfiction

Very nice! How big is it? Did you start with a gutted room? Looks like there is plenty of room for more lol
This is not the admin you're looking for...

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

sar127

No way! That's insane!!
Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

Vroomp

Looks like my wife's shoe closet!   Nice!!!! :smoker:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

shakinghorizons

Quoteninfiction - 1/5/2015  11:46 PM

Very nice! How big is it? Did you start with a gutted room? Looks like there is plenty of room for more lol

10' x 15'
I started with an empty basement and built up from there. There is a lot of room because I have been selling my regular production sticks. I bit the regional and LE bug (NC and CC) and buying those boxes are QUITE a bit more expensive than regular production!

cavenbk

Very impressive. Could you talk my wife into letting me do that please? :biggrin:
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

ninfiction

Quoteshakinghorizons - 1/6/2015  2:26 PM

Quoteninfiction - 1/5/2015  11:46 PM

10' x 15'
I started with an empty basement and built up from there. There is a lot of room because I have been selling my regular production sticks. I bit the regional and LE bug (NC and CC) and buying those boxes are QUITE a bit more expensive than regular production!

Damn, that's huge. That's big enough you could use it as a lounge too, is it setup for that type of air exchange? Did you vapor barrier the walls? i think down the road I'm going to convert the space under my steps in my basement. Do you have a difficult time regulating the temperature?

edit: sorry for all the questions, these builds intrigue me.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Mojo66

Must be nice, you can actually have people walk in and pick up those regular production sticks you don't care for anymore :biggrin:

Brian (ninfiction) your questions are justified, I'm curious too. I'd be tempted to ask what type of gypsum was used, what type of paint, sealer, how the room was air proofed, sealed, how it's ventilated for air change and circulation etc.

I have humidor envy as well  :drool:

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

bmac7754

That is a cool setup, I never thought about the wire racking.  Looks cool and not having to fumble through smaller humidors would really be nice.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

CrazyK

Very nice!! Gives me an idea or two for finishing my basement ;-)
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

ntanner

Hang around here long enough and you will need a second one of those. :biggrin:
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

The Burn Ward

Quotentanner - 1/6/2015  6:44 PM

Hang around here long enough and you will need a second one of those. :biggrin:

:thumbsup:

Otter

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

Ted

Very cool!

Interested in hearing the answers too!

Camshaft83

So me and my GF are coming out to Denver on our honeymoon and I was wondering what time you open and close your shop?   :whistle: JK. Very impressive setup.  :bigthumbs:
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

cajun600

ebernabe

That is very nice, you did a great job.  Something every basement must have.

shakinghorizons

Forgot about this thread - sorry! I will get the list of materials together and report back!

shakinghorizons

Oh - and thanks for the compliments! Can't wait to have it filled up with cigars I actually smoke, LOL

Smurf

Dam! Thats a sweet set up! Can imagine how awesome your smoking room must be!
orbis non sufficit

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.