February Industry Sponsored Geek Critique (Last Two Weeks)

Started by nwb, 01/07/2015 06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

This critique has been generously sponsored by Cigarsatyourprice.com:

http://cigarsatyourprice.com/

Thank you for your generosity!  A special thank you goes out to Mike (StogieDad) for coordinating!

The Chosen Cigar: Sindicato Cigars Sindicato Toro Maduro

The Chosen Reviewers:

DonM
Nonfiction
nirab
Rammstein142
StogieDad

This cigar shall be reviewed no later than February 10th.

Happy Smokin' gents! :smoker:
Chief of Shaft

nwb

We need three reviewers that will receive this cigar along with the cigar for the early February Geek Critique. By doing so, you are agreeing to do both geek critiques on time.
Chief of Shaft

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

05Venturer

Already did one for Jan but will do this one if you can't get enough.
Not trying to be a Critique Hog just stepping up if needed.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

ntanner

Already schedualed for one or I would volunteer. I am still willing if you cannt find any one else.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Mojo66

I'd be up for it if you need me, but remember I'm in the GWN.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

DonM

I will throw my name in the hat, but I did do one in December

"The Curmudgeon"

ninfiction

I have never done one but would be willing to do both if you need someone.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Mojo66

I just realized what doing both reviews meant as far as due date and I don't think it would be practical seeing as shipping might take up to 10 days, it would be cutting it close with a January 25th deadline.

I'm removing my name from the hat to let another Geek get a chance at reviewing 2 nice cigars.

Thanks anyways Mike, Nathan.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Rammstein142

I will jump in on this. Its not showing my original comments so sorry for the repeat if so. :-)
"There is nothing more agreeable than having a place where one can throw on the floor as many cigar butts as one pleases without the subconscious fear of a maid who is waiting like a sentinel to place an ashtray where the ashes are going to fall."

"Ich kenne keine Parteien mehr, ich kenne nur noch Deutsche!" Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Die Schlacht ist gewonnen , haben die Engländer wurde völlig besiegt." Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource." John F. Kennedy

s+j

StogieDad

Mojo66, I think you are right, may be tight.  Thanks Kent and Neal for stepping in if needed.  But looks like we have Rammstein142, DonM, and ninfiction ready to join Nirab and myself in this one.  If everyone is clear you have to do both,  I will let Andy know to mail these out tomorrow.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

DonM

"The Curmudgeon"

nirab

Ready to go, thanks Michael!  :bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

StogieDad

Per CAYP

Don Miller

Brian Halgrimson

Tim Wicks

Brian Foley
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

DonM

Thanks again to Michael and CAYP for sponsoring this one, looking forward to it

"The Curmudgeon"

StogieDad

Mine arrived today, not one but two of each stick.  Awesome.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

DonM

"The Curmudgeon"

ninfiction

Got mine today too, super pumped you even doubled up on them. Once they thaw out (all of 4 degrees here today) I'll get them acclimated and hopefully smoke 1 or 2 this weekend since it's supposed to be in the 30's.

ninfiction

Got this critique entered in. Thanks for letting me participate, really enjoyed both the cigars.

nirab

Just got my review in, and let me tell y'all, this cigar was absolutely... :shy:  :shades:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

StogieDad

-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

DonM

"The Curmudgeon"

horrido

I will get back in the game whenever names come up.  Need to be active once again.
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

nwb

Looks like all the reviews have been submitted - thanks folks!
Chief of Shaft

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.