Thinking about buying a wineador

Started by williegstyles, 01/10/2015 05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

williegstyles

I've been seriously considering condensing my three large desktops to a wineador. I know there's a few threads on here discussing wineadors but I would like to know if anyone has this particular model. Likes/dislikes? I'm concerned about long-term aging. I know this is a slippery slope. I've had a cabinet before and lets just things got a little out of hand....

Here's the model that I'm considering. The only mod I would do is flip the drawers to the top.

http://www.newair.com/products/cc-280e/
Gregory

ninfiction

I think if you purchase one of those already built they can be very expensive. You can get a scratch and dent fairly cheap here http://www.air-n-water.com/product/aw-281e-bl.htm You just have to check often until one is in stock. I've seen sets of drawers run about $200-250. This would be the downside of not buying a pre built unit, you'll have to find someone to do the drawers. http://www.wineadors.com/newair.html has them but I've heard the wait time can be really long.

All that said, I don't have one...yet. Living in Minnesota the temps aren't really an issue so using a couple tupperdors works fine for me. Would be nice to have something like a wineador for looks and keeping everything together and organized.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

SparklePony

I have that particular model, I use kitty litter, it works really well.  I got it from Air-n-water and if you google ain & water coupon you'll usually find one you can use for 30% off.  That puts it in the $300-$350 range, which is a pretty good deal if you ask me.  The capacity isn't as big as I'd like once you get enough KL to make it work so I'm buying another one.  I got some inexpensive spanish cedar trays from cheaphumidors.com to put on two of the shelves for singles.  They fit nicely and look good, too.  Hope that helps!
Yes, it's a pineapple hat.  No, you can't put your cigar out in it.

williegstyles

QuoteSparklePony - 1/10/2015  7:53 PM

I have that particular model, I use kitty litter, it works really well.  I got it from Air-n-water and if you google ain & water coupon you'll usually find one you can use for 30% off.  That puts it in the $300-$350 range, which is a pretty good deal if you ask me.  The capacity isn't as big as I'd like once you get enough KL to make it work so I'm buying another one.  I got some inexpensive spanish cedar trays from cheaphumidors.com to put on two of the shelves for singles.  They fit nicely and look good, too.  Hope that helps!

That was GREAT info from BOTH of you geeks. By using the coupon code I can get a 281e for $189 and get the shelves and drawers I want and stay under $300!!!!
Gregory

Camshaft83

Under 300 is a great price. I might have to look into that as well.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

williegstyles

I pulled the trigger. It's all over but the waiting now. Camshaft83 heres the link for the code.

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/air-n-water.com?c=6545612
Gregory

Smurf

orbis non sufficit

SparklePony

Awesome!  Where are you getting the shelves and drawers if you don't mind me asking?

williegstyles

QuoteSparklePony - 1/11/2015  4:39 PM

Awesome!  Where are you getting the shelves and drawers if you don't mind me asking?

I'm still working on that part. I'm looking at wineadors.com and there's guy that's highly recommended on another cigar forum. I'm open to any and all options.
Gregory

SparklePony

Just so you know, I think he's the one that makes them for the cc-280-e.  Since he's often very slow with his turnaround, I chose to just get them already made and make the best of it.  However, if you really want custom, you've figured out the exact way to go.

williegstyles

Yeh, he said 4- 6 weeks which is cool for me. Still waiting on my cooler to ship. Then I have to season it and all that other stuff. Everything is ordered but the beads. Too early to get  excited.
Gregory

BewareDaPenguin

Quotewilliegstyles - 1/11/2015  7:49 PM

I'm still working on that part. I'm looking at wineadors.com and there's guy that's highly recommended on another cigar forum. I'm open to any and all options.

I had my shelves made by Forrest at wineadors.com....he does good work but slow as all get out, and after your payment you won't get any email updates or anything from him. It took all of 6-7 weeks to get my shopping info email and another 4/5 days to get goods so it was actually about 8 weeks total. Again he does real nice work but the lack of communication was kinda unprofessional IMO. If you are good with just ordering, paying, and waiting then it's not a big deal. 6 weeks hit and I started sending emails and never heard back from him until they showed up. So don't be surprised if the same happens to you. I did some research before I used him as well and from what I could tell is that he's always delivered the goods and never ripped anybody off, just very slow and doesn't communicate after you get the order placed and payment sent.

Anyways just from my experience thought I would share with you. All in all I like the wineador but I spent more on that then I would've another table humidor & looking back Id rather have another table. The wineador IMO is only worth it if you can do it on the cheap or really really need the climate control. Good luck tho my friend!
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

williegstyles

QuoteBewareDaPenguin - 1/12/2015  7:51 PM

Quotewilliegstyles - 1/11/2015  7:49 PM

I had my shelves made by Forrest at wineadors.com....he does good work but slow as all get out, and after your payment you won't get any email updates or anything from him. It took all of 6-7 weeks to get my shopping info email and another 4/5 days to get goods so it was actually about 8 weeks total. Again he does real nice work but the lack of communication was kinda unprofessional IMO. If you are good with just ordering, paying, and waiting then it's not a big deal. 6 weeks hit and I started sending emails and never heard back from him until they showed up. So don't be surprised if the same happens to you. I did some research before I used him as well and from what I could tell is that he's always delivered the goods and never ripped anybody off, just very slow and doesn't communicate after you get the order placed and payment sent.

Anyways just from my experience thought I would share with you. All in all I like the wineador but I spent more on that then I would've another table humidor & looking back Id rather have another table. The wineador IMO is only worth it if you can do it on the cheap or really really need the climate control. Good luck tho my friend!

Thats great info. I did order from Forest. I was shocked because I sent an email last night with a few questions expecting to get a response sometime today. I received a response within 30 minutes. However, that was before I had made payment. I will keep a close eye the level of communication. I'm not sure when you placed your order but sometime in Sept/Oct he lost his 2 year old grandson to a sudden death. He wrote about it on his website.

Living in Texas where we have summer 10.5 months out of the year climate control is crucial.
Gregory

Hot Stuff x

QuoteBewareDaPenguin - 1/13/2015  10:51 AM  
Quote. The wineador IMO is only worth it if you can do it on the cheap or really really need the climate control. Good luck tho my friend!

^^ This.

Even the climate control isn't that good (at least on my Tempstar clone) because the built-in peltier cooler can't keep up with any real heat.  It works fine if your home is already air conditioned, but if you live in a house that the indoor temp gets into the 90s, the coolidor can't keep up.  On top of that, the vinodor will have condensation that you can either let drain out the drain hole, or collect in a container at the bottom of the fridge (on the inside).  Gotta keep this container drained and clean or it will develop mold.

I have mine outfitted with computer fans with built in blue LEDs, I ran the power for these through the drain hole in the bottom of the vinodor, then sealed it off with vinyl tape.   It looks impressive, but to be honest my coleman coolerdor is much better for cigar storage.

LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

williegstyles

It's starting to sound like I may be creating a monster!!! I like the idea of computer fans. Would you mind taking a pic of yours and sending it to me?
Gregory

williegstyles

Gregory

Hot Stuff x

Sorry I was slow to respond to your question about pics...let me see what I can come up with.
LES

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

Hot Stuff x

Not sure if this is want you wanted to see, or do you want to see how it's wired?  Basically I'm using a 12v power supply (uses 110v AC and coverts it to 12v DC) routed through the drain hole.  I had to cut off the 12 v connector (a coaxial plug) and spliced in a standard computer power "Y" cable to feed power to the fans.

Sorry, editor is not working, but the image is in the link below.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=2701.0

LES

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.