Search All Humidors

Started by horseshoe, 01/13/2015 12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horseshoe

Is there a way to search all humidors at once? I broke all of my cigars down by trays and sub sections within my humidors and I want to locate sticks via search. By the app I have 8 humidors even though I really only have 3.

Also, is it possible to see reviews of cigars based upon the sticks I have in my humidor rather than going to main review page and searching.

bigjohn20081983

I am not sure to be honest. Hold on one of the FOG's will be along shortly with advice.
You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

Kman

When you go into My Humidor, don't select a specific humidor. This should list all of your cigars across all humidors. If you then do a search from there, it should show you anything matching and break them down by which humidor they are in.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

bmac7754

I have mine broken down into several humidors too.  There is not an easy way to search via the app, but if on the website you view it as all humidors and it gives you your complete list.  From their hit edit, and it will bring you to whatever humidor its in.
As far as looking at the reviews in the app, you have to back up and go to the database to find the review.  Again, on the website all you have to do it click on the cigar and the review comes up.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Longhorn

Quotehorseshoe - 1/13/2015  3:00 PM

Is there a way to search all humidors at once? I broke all of my cigars down by trays and sub sections within my humidors and I want to locate sticks via search. By the app I have 8 humidors even though I really only have 3.

Also, is it possible to see reviews of cigars based upon the sticks I have in my humidor rather than going to main review page and searching.

I rarely use the app beyond basic adding/recording previous smokes.  I use my mobile web browser and use the web site most of the time.  The app is far more limited than the web site... for the web:

Just type in a search term in the "Search humidors:" box.  It searches all active humidors regardless of the one you're currently viewing.  The results will be segmented by the virtual humidors (VH) you have set up.

Another way to do this is to use the notes section - create a location ID for each of your trays and enter that as the first line of the note field.  When you search for a particular cigar, you can reference the note to quickly find it in your humidors.

Conversely, if you want to see what is sitting in a particular location (e.g. tray), you can export to Excel and sort the data on the notes field.

As for your second question, when you're looking at your VH and it's contents, all you have to do is click on the name of a cigar and it links you to the detail page along with the reviews.

horseshoe

Sorry. This was all pertaining to the app and not online. When selecting my humidor from the app, there is no search option until you select a specific humidor.

Also, when your inside of your humidor and select the cigar, there is no way to look at reviews. You have to go back to the main app page and go through the cigar database.

Lastly, I don't want to use a spreadsheet. That is why I bought the app. It was a suggestion to allow searching from the Humidor page. I am not trying to offend anyone by my spreadsheet comment, just a statement and my opinion.

I also forgot to add that whenever you try to add an Aging Room cigar it goes to a dead end and doesn't allow you to do anything. It just goes to a white listed screen with no options to select. You have to force close app and start over.

Longhorn

Quotehorseshoe - 1/13/2015  3:54 PM

Sorry. This was all pertaining to the app and not online. When selecting my humidor from the app, there is no search option until you select a specific humidor.

Also, when your inside of your humidor and select the cigar, there is no way to look at reviews. You have to go back to the main app page and go through the cigar database.

Lastly, I don't want to use a spreadsheet. That is why I bought the app. It was a suggestion to allow searching from the Humidor page. I am not trying to offend anyone by my spreadsheet comment, just a statement and my opinion.

I also forgot to add that whenever you try to add an Aging Room cigar it goes to a dead end and doesn't allow you to do anything. It just goes to a white listed screen with no options to select. You have to force close app and start over.

No offense taken - the app is definitely more limiting than the web site.  The app is useful for searching cigars when shopping and basic humidor tracking, like recording previous smokes, but definitely not as full featured as the web version.

SparklePony

Did anyone else hear "Search All humidors" in the voice of the Nazis at the climax of The Sound of Music? ...No?  Ok, fine.  I'll just be over here talking to myself.
Yes, it's a pineapple hat.  No, you can't put your cigar out in it.

Brlesq

QuoteSparklePony - 1/13/2015  4:03 PM

Did anyone else hear "Search All humidors" in the voice of the Nazis at the climax of The Sound of Music? ...No?  Ok, fine.  I'll just be over here talking to myself.

John, you continue to amaze and amuse me with your unexpected perspectives and random thoughts (some of which should probably be left inside your head only to be shared with the 'other' voices you hear at night.)    :biggrin:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

StogieDad

QuoteSparklePony - 1/13/2015  4:03 PM

:lmao:  That's gonna get me through the last hour of work....:biggrin:
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Camshaft83

QuoteSparklePony - 1/13/2015  2:03 PM

:-0  :lmao:
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Mojo66

QuoteSparklePony - 1/13/2015  4:03 PM  Did anyone else hear "Search All humidors" in the voice of the Nazis at the climax of The Sound of Music? ...No?  Ok, fine.  I'll just be over here talking to myself.

:lmao:  

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

05Venturer

Quotebigjohn20081983 - 1/13/2015  2:07 PM

I am not sure to be honest. Hold on one of the FOG's will be along shortly with advice.

So then why the post if you don't know?    :confused:  :confused:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Caveman Steve

QuoteSparklePony - 1/13/2015  4:03 PM  Did anyone else hear "Search All humidors" in the voice of the Nazis at the climax of The Sound of Music? ...No?  Ok, fine.  I'll just be over here talking to myself.

I wanna smoke what you're smokin :lmao:  

"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

SparklePony

QuoteBrlesq - 1/13/2015  4:12 PM  
John, you continue to amaze and amuse me with your unexpected perspectives and random thoughts (some of which should probably be left inside your head only to be shared with the 'other' voices you hear at night.)    :biggrin:  

:whistle:
Yes, it's a pineapple hat.  No, you can't put your cigar out in it.

bigjohn20081983

Quote05Venturer - 1/13/2015  7:37 PM  
Quotebigjohn20081983 - 1/13/2015  2:07 PM  I am not sure to be honest. Hold on one of the FOG's will be along shortly with advice.
So then why the post if you don't know?    :confused:  :confused:

In order to keep it higher in the list on the home screen so it would be seen by someone that knew. When I posted that comment 7mins after him the thread was almost to the bottom of the list already. :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  

You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.