Best large commercially available humi?

Started by SparklePony, 01/13/2015 04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SparklePony

Ok, let's have a little fun (and help me out).  What, in your opinion, is the best commercially available, non-custom, large humidor out there?  Preferably larger than a desktop version, maybe something freestanding...  What say y'all?
Yes, it's a pineapple hat.  No, you can't put your cigar out in it.

Ted

I'd like an Aristocrat, but it's just not in the budget. Hoping for one of the 5000ct units everybody seems to sell. Prefer the walnut "color". lol

http://www.cigarpass.com/quality-importers-5000-cabinet-cigar-humidor-review/

CI has a darker one for $2144 shipped, and CH has it for $2303 but with there "make me an offer" option that usually knocks around 20% off. Usually on ebay in multiple colors as well. Will start looking this summer.

mpurtle01

The Yetis are pricey, but they have some pretty big ones.  Still cheaper than wood.  

:lmao:

http://youtu.be/TxjSbj6zrbQ

bigjohn20081983

Quotempurtle01 - 1/13/2015  8:55 PM  The Yetis are pricey, but they have some pretty big ones.  Still cheaper than wood.     :lmao:  http://youtu.be/TxjSbj6zrbQ

:word:  I really like the yeti coolers and Engel has a pretty bad a$$ one as well. I bet either would make a awesome coolidor.

You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

Brlesq

You're not being very specific on the size with your post.  I own a Montegue (which is really a beautiful piece of furniture) and a Pienza Tower.  Both work great, so it just depends on your size needs and style.
http://www.tampahumidor.com/categories/humidors/cabinet-humidors/2
 (Yes, I opened myself up on that one.  So let the comments fly!)

PM me John if you want more info on these.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

SparklePony

Thanks, Bruce.  I wasn't being too specific because I'm not against a side table or something else, just larger than a desktop is all I'm looking for.  

I'll be sure to give you some crap on the next herf.
Yes, it's a pineapple hat.  No, you can't put your cigar out in it.

Camshaft83

That mahogany Pienza looks very nice. :bigthumbs:
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

sar127

Not speaking from experience but side table humidors always seem to me like they'd be too low to comfortably browse everyday.
Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

kxthor911

Quotesar127 - 1/14/2015  12:06 AM  Not speaking from experience but side table humidors always seem to me like they'd be too low to comfortably browse everyday.

Bruce has mentioned this to me before on a herf. He said he uses the back and bottom mostly for aging and the drawer for sticks to smoke soon. Makes since to me. I almost bought one, but was quoted about half of what the shipping ended up being so backed out.

Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

Yes its fast, no you cant drive it.

Vroomp

The 3000 ct. tower I ordered is shipping this Friday and with Humidifier and shipping it was $835..........
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Brlesq

Quotekxthor911 - 1/14/2015  1:34 AM

Quotesar127 - 1/14/2015  12:06 AM  Not speaking from experience but side table humidors always seem to me like they'd be too low to comfortably browse everyday.

Bruce has mentioned this to me before on a herf. He said he uses the back and bottom mostly for aging and the drawer for sticks to smoke soon.

Yeah, spot on.  Good observation too, Rob.  The Montgue end table cabinet is so deep that you have to get on your hands and knees to get to the back of it.  But it perfectly serves my purpose for long-term aging.  Boxes stacked up in the front are easy to see, and the drawer is HUGE and holds 150-200 loose singles, so that's nice.  With boxes in the bottom and loose sticks in the drawer, it holds 1,000-1,200 cigars when full.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

StogieDad

QuoteVroomp - 1/14/2015  7:27 AM

The 3000 ct. tower I ordered is shipping this Friday and with Humidifier and shipping it was $835..........

Do share Brad?  Which one is that?
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

nirab

QuoteStogieDad - 1/14/2015  6:43 AM

QuoteVroomp - 1/14/2015  7:27 AM

Do share Brad?  Which one is that?

Yes, do share!  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

ninfiction

What do you guys use for humidification in those beasts? Oasis? Do you need multiple fans?

I'm not sure I'll need something that large any time soon but I am curious.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Joelala

I heard that my house makes a great humidor, send your sticks here, I will keep them safe.
Joe

Kman

Quoteninfiction - 1/14/2015  11:24 AM  What do you guys use for humidification in those beasts? Oasis? Do you need multiple fans?  I'm not sure I'll need something that large any time soon but I am curious.

I have the Cherry Pienza humidor that has been mentioned a couple of times. It comes with 2 auxiliary fans as part of the package. There's supposed to be a wi-fi adapter for it as well, that would let you monitor it from afar, but with it being in my office, there's really no point to that for me. 

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Vroomp

I believe this is about the same size as the Pienza and is listed as the All Shelf Tower 3000 capacity.

I ordered mine from Cheap Humidors because I found a coupon code and with the lower shipping charges and one humidifier included it was the best deal available.

Shelves can be laid flat of slanted for display....

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.