IRS is short handed

Started by dwig, 01/25/2015 08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwig

I don't know if any of you Geeks heard the news reports a few weeks ago about how the IRS is short handed, has had the smallest budget increase in recent history and tax payer refunds will be delayed.
blah...blah....blah!

Well, they are only short handed in the check writing department then!!!!!!!
I took my 4th quarter estimated payment to the post office on Wednesday the 14th of January.  It cleared my bank on Tuesday the 20th!
 :-0
That means that INCLUDING travel time with the post office, they processed my payment and had my money in the treasury in less than 4 business days.  This may be the only efficient area of the US government.

Oh well, just had to vent some.
:confused:
I wonder if clouds ever look down on us and say:  Hey look.  That one is shaped like an idiot!"

ntanner

That's one thing I alway's found interesting concerning the government. If you owe them they want it now but if they owe you they will get it to you in their own sweet time which is usually quite long.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Longhorn

If income taxes were due on the 1st Monday in November, elections would turn out much different...

Cfickter

It is a self fulfilling organization.  Make the tax code more complicated, then cry we need more help.
Straight 10% income tax, no deductions, eliminate 95% of the IRS
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

gitfiddl

I always find it funny that people brag about the amount of their tax refund.  "I got $1500 back this year!"  Great, that's $1500 you loaned the gubmint with no interest!  You probably could have banked that same $1500 in a savings or other account and earned enough interest to pay a large portion of your tax bill come April 15.

As for the IRS's payroll cuts, I have noticed that the seasonal IRS crew is greatly diminished at the Charles Bennett Federal Building at which I work here in Jacksonville.  That means the IRS isn't paying for as many $200/night rooms at the adjacent 4-star Omni Hotel...
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

bmac7754

Oh no taxes again, I feel like I just got done paying for them last year.  Oh wait I did, it was just  months ago the last payment went out.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Otter

QuoteLonghorn - 1/25/2015  12:01 PM

If income taxes were due on the 1st Monday in November, elections would turn out much different...

True... I also wish that there were no automatic deductions from our paychecks. Make people sit down and write that check every month then maybe people will wake up. ;-)
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

timpellis

no different than any company you pay them on time they take forever when they make a mistake.

Remodelx15

QuoteOtter - 1/25/2015  1:34 PM

QuoteLonghorn - 1/25/2015  12:01 PM

True... I also wish that there were no automatic deductions from our paychecks. Make people sit down and write that check every month then maybe people will wake up. ;-)

AMEN!!!  Even better, once a year.  Too many people essentially "don't notice" their tax payments.  Write one check a year and that will change in a hurry!

Never happen, of course...but it should.
If you're not lucky, we can't use you.
- WW2 Submarine admiral

Vroomp

Quotegitfiddl - 1/25/2015  12:18 PM  I always find it funny that people brag about the amount of their tax refund.  "I got $1500 back this year!"  Great, that's $1500 you loaned the gubmint with no interest!  You probably could have banked that same $1500 in a savings or other account and earned enough interest to pay a large portion of your tax bill come April 15.  As for the IRS's payroll cuts, I have noticed that the seasonal IRS crew is greatly diminished at the Charles Bennett Federal Building at which I work here in Jacksonville.  That means the IRS isn't paying for as many $200/night rooms at the adjacent 4-star Omni Hotel...

Not sure you can pay taxes with only $15 Dave! Best interest rates around for any bank is about %1 these days!!!!!!! :confused:

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.