Bigger Humidor

Started by timpellis, 02/19/2015 05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timpellis

I currently have 2 real humidors and a large antique that I converted to a humidor, the seal isn't great but it is working out well enough. Well I would like to accomplish 2 goals, acquire more storage capability and get back my piece of furniture. I keep finding good deals on the Lauderdale, I would have to assume it holds something between 500-1000 cigars because those are the two ends of the spectrum I have seen. So far the best deal I have seen is less than 300 including shipping. Not really sure if this site is legit or not, the shipping seems crazy low but I wanted to get more opinions on if this is a good humidor or not. For my next house I will look into a walk-in or something more custom. If I assume the small end, this will give me room for 800-1000 (taking back my furniture), I am currently at full capacity at 600, so even taking away one of my current ones, I gain space for 200. Anyone have an idea how much this humidor really holds and if it is worth 300 bucks. Thanks!

http://www.gadgetsandpresents.com/qlit107.html

cavenbk

I don't know anything about the site, but the humi looks nice.
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

McBryde

It looks nice, and $8.95 shipping would be insane if that was right.

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

SenorPablo

Quality Importers is a good reputable wholesaler and they sell this one directly with free shipping on Amazon for $320, so the price you found is a good price.  But no idea on the site itself.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Smurf

orbis non sufficit

timpellis

Might have to take a shot, I will try and carve out some time to research the site tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback keep it coming especially if you have this humidor and can provide a review of sorts.

RDF

Keep us posted Tim.  I'm interested in this one also.
HokieSmokes!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." H. Jackson Brown

toby2

I have a lauderdale. the back is very thin and I use mine for pipe tobacco only now. I wouldn't buy another. I don't remember how many trays it holds. I'm thinking maybe eight to ten at the most. so about three hundred or so. not many boxes. 

Cfickter

Nice looking humi, if you do a search for humidors on this site it certainly returns quite a selection.
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Cfickter

Actually just search "cigars" on the site and it returns tons of cigars stuff like posters. lighters, cutters, neon signs!

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

timpellis

Yeah the search returned a lot, hard to wade through. Lauderdale seems to be a popular term on the site.

Ken Kelley

Buy two and then you don't have to worry about much it holds! Better yet, buy three because you will fill the first two up before you know it!  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Jackal

QuoteKen Kelley - 2/20/2015  7:59 AM

Buy two and then you don't have to worry about much it holds! Better yet, buy three because you will fill the first two up before you know it!  :biggrin:

Or you can buy a double wide trailer and line it with Spanish Cedar.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Griffin2020

QuoteJackal - 2/20/2015  10:25 AM

That's not a double wide.
 :biggrin:

But...it might make a great humidor, if you add insulation and make sure it is properly seasoned...

Jackal

Always room to get a bigger one.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Mojo66

We need an article on how to season a trailer then
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

timpellis

I believe trailerdors come with kitty litter, you just need to dry it out a little.

Griffin2020

Quotetimpellis - 2/20/2015  12:04 PM

I believe trailerdors come with kitty litter, you just need to dry it out a little.

Vroomp

QuoteJackal - 2/20/2015  10:25 AM  
QuoteKen Kelley - 2/20/2015  7:59 AM  Buy two and then you don't have to worry about much it holds! Better yet, buy three because you will fill the first two up before you know it!  :biggrin:

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

sjn1117

Dang I like Jason's idea!
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

Cfickter

Jason's thinking BIG!

horrido

QuoteJackal - 2/20/2015  9:25 AM

QuoteKen Kelley - 2/20/2015  7:59 AM

Guys don't laugh that trailer would command a price of close to 400k to 500K in my neck of the woods - Especially when you live close to a national park in the Rockies in tourist country. maybe I could pick it up for 5k and make a huge profit....lol :blech:
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

sjn1117

Quotehorrido - 2/25/2015  4:52 PM  
QuoteJackal - 2/20/2015  9:25 AM  
QuoteKen Kelley - 2/20/2015  7:59 AM  Buy two and then you don't have to worry about much it holds! Better yet, buy three because you will fill the first two up before you know it!  :biggrin:
Guys don't laugh that trailer would command a price of close to 400k to 500K in my neck of the woods - Especially when you live close to a national park in the Rockies in tourist country. maybe I could pick it up for 5k and make a huge profit....lol :blech:

Is that with or without the "custom" skirting?

why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

Jay'D

All yall crazy  :crazy:  :crazy:  :crazy:  :crazy:
Last name Hungry first name Always

My hobby collection | http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Jay%27D

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.