ebay?

Started by headfirst, 02/27/2015 01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

headfirst

Has anyone ever gone for the "sealed box of cigars, tobacco not for consumption" options on ebay? :?:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Cfickter

Can't say I have
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

appollo

Longhorn

Nope.  eBay has strict policies against selling tobacco and alcohol on their site - I've seen several of both advertised but have no desire to openly violate their policies at the risk of being banned from their site.

StogieDad

Not me.  My concern is since the policy states it is prohibited, if said person decided to ship me nothing but bands, I would have no recourse as the site's policies were violated.  Too many legit places to find stuff at better prices that I can trust.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Jackal

QuoteStogieDad - 2/27/2015  1:23 PM

Not me.  My concern is since the policy states it is prohibited, if said person decided to ship me nothing but bands, I would have no recourse as the site's policies were violated.  Too many legit places to find stuff at better prices that I can trust.

:word:

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

headfirst

I haven't either, just curious what people around here thought of that...sounds about right.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

The Burn Ward

I bought a sealed box of little monsters (kept at 70/70) 2 years ago. If they ship you anything other than a sealed box then technically you can get your money back.

I only did it once and there were 0 issues. I would not suggest doing it as it is against policy and there are too many things that can go wrong.

bmac7754

I totally agree with StogieDad has you could get taken and nothing would ever get resolved.  On the other hand, I have purchased a couple rare 5 packs last year and was very pleased.  You may want to do a little digging around before you buy.  The guy I bought from was selling nothing but cigars, I check his feedback and was getting positives from other buyers, and when I snooped around a little further, I found that this was actually a cigar shop.

Its a gamble for sure, I would stay away from new users, low feedback or even poor feedback.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Smurf

Never, not worth the risk IMHO
orbis non sufficit

Rammstein142

Have seen it but not worth the risk! Either you get screwed or you could end up banned. No thanks!
"There is nothing more agreeable than having a place where one can throw on the floor as many cigar butts as one pleases without the subconscious fear of a maid who is waiting like a sentinel to place an ashtray where the ashes are going to fall."

"Ich kenne keine Parteien mehr, ich kenne nur noch Deutsche!" Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Die Schlacht ist gewonnen , haben die Engländer wurde völlig besiegt." Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource." John F. Kennedy

cavenbk

I have seen them as well. But like most others have said not worth the risk. And honestly the ones that I have seen are not really priced all that much better to make it worth it IMHO
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

horrido

I would not take the risk IMO.
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

mthomason1980

Regardless of ebay policies, with the except of a firearm there are always ways around selling prohibited items like cigars on ebay.  There are several shop in NY that I know of and have dealt with in the past that sell on ebay.  As long as they put in the statement saying you buying a sealed boxed that is collectible only and the tobacco is not for consumption, ebay never catches it unless reported.  Ask questions of even request to contact seller by phone, I wouldn't hesitate if you find something rare or at a good deal.  Worst case you get something not as described, report them to ebay for falsely selling cigars and you'll get your money back as well as them banned for violation of prohibited item sales.

nirab

To me, its not worth the risk.
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

StogieDad

Quotenotageek - 3/2/2015  2:09 AM

I've gotten an Opus X "band" recently with no problems.

Just out of curiosity, was the price in line?  What I have noticed is that the prices are MSRP or considerably more.  They can be had at MSRP and less with some good sourcing and patience.  So not calling you out, just wondering if they can be found at a deal on there?
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

lubrix

I would rather send my $$$ to a Nigerian Prince!.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Thewaronaol

I am on eBay and buy and sell, with ebay you have to stay with there policy's but with cigars there is a fine line with cigars as a true collectable with boxes and bands being very collectable but it is a way to sell off very good cigars , they can't be current runs and that's why you find good vintage sticks for sale there , sealed is just that and my 100% experience has been a good smokable box on the buying and selling ends , I currently have a nice selection of A Pontillo cigars for sale and there selling fast. I will also be posting on this site for sale as well

bmac7754

It's a gamble but like I mentioned before do your homework on the seller to see if he is trusted or not. I have had good luck so far buying and selling on the site. Welcome to the site by the way Jeff. Head over to the intro forum and get to know some of us.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Thewaronaol

Thank you , will do

cmbrose

I have thought about it but my biggest worry is have they been stored properly. I have seen some people say they keep them at 70/70 but what about those that don't. You could be buying dried up cigars.

headfirst

I wonder about that as well...
-Charles Spurgeon

Machine646

I've gotten a box on ebay, I checked into the seller first,I've heard of people getting screwed. My sticks came fine could have just been lucky!

Thewaronaol

i sell sticks on ebay and never have had a neg feedback, buyers always happy , seller id jpmmilitary

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.