April Industry Sponsored Geek Critique (First Two Weeks)

Started by nwb, 03/01/2015 03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

This critique has been generously sponsored by "Island" Jim Robinson of Leaf & Bean:

http://leafandbean.com/

Thank you for your generosity!  A special thank you goes out to Chuck (Cfickter) for coordinating!

The Chosen Cigar: Leaf & Bean Island Jim

The Chosen Reviewers:

05Venturer
Beegerply
DonM
Kid Montana
timpellis

This cigar shall be reviewed no later than March 25th.

Happy Smokin' gents! :smoker:
Chief of Shaft

nwb

We need 4 more reviewers.  Here are the criteria:

1) Haven't participated in a Geek Critique in 2015.
2) Must have 100 points.
3) Must have posted at least 5 normal reviews.

Please post if you are interested!
Chief of Shaft

appollo

I'll throw my hat in if its no trouble that I live in Canada.

BewareDaPenguin

I just did a review but Id gladly smoke a Leaf & Bean if you need any volunteers I've liked them all! Step right up geeks I'm sure you won't be disappointed, but I'm here if you need me Nathan :thumbsup:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

jharrisx5

Puff Puff Give....

Cfickter

L&B

Here it is the Island Jim.  Introduced at the 2014 ICPCR in Vegas
Jim is keeping the blend a secret for now but here is what I know.
Toro size, shaggy foot with a unique cone shaped head that has a Connecticuit band.  Like the other L&B's it is rolled on Danli, Honduuras by Oscae Valadares at this factory Oscar Valladares Tobacco Company.  

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

ntanner

I cannt believe you dont already have 5 volunteer's. I would have thought people would be lining up to get in on a great smoke like this. I havn't been fortunate enough to smoke any thing from them yet but I have only heard good thing's. I dont meet the criteria as I have already done a critique this year or I would be all over this.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

quickme

looking forward to hearing the reviews on this stick.

Cfickter

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

freakydeakydutchman

Hey im in if you don't mind sending to CANADA!
"when a guy does something stupid once, well that's because he's a guy. But if he does the same stupid thing twice, that's usually to impress some girl."
Dr. Suess

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=freakydeakydutchman

Cfickter

horrido

"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

nwb

Chief of Shaft

bmac7754

I guess people don't like to smoke free cigars.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

DonM

I just did the Sindicato reviews or I would be all over this one.  CMon Geeks!

"The Curmudgeon"

ntanner

I have already done one this year but if you are having problems finding volunteer's I am more then happy to help out.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Ken Kelley

Looks like it's getting harder and harder to find people who are willing to review sticks with this new frequency.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

sar127

Perhaps we could raise the limit of 2 reviews per person per year?
Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

Cigary

Hard to believe people aren't responding to this...I'll put my hat in the ring if there is space available.  Looks like a great cigar to me.

05Venturer

As always I am willing to Critique another fine cigar if you can't fill it up. I have already participated this year though.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

BewareDaPenguin

You can send that stick on over anytime Chuck Im ready to burn it down lol finally getting nice out :smoker: shocked this hasn't filled yet EVERY Leaf & Bean Ive smoked has been fantastic with the Noel being one of my personal favs now!
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

nirab

Quotesar127 - 3/7/2015  1:59 PM

Perhaps we could raise the limit of 2 reviews per person per year?

With the lack of responses, why have a limit? I know we want a mix of reviewers, but if no one is willing to sign up, let those who are. Just my two cents.

I'd do this one, but I just did the Sindicato reviews last month.
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Cfickter

Sorry Guys this is my fault, work is over the top so I haven't been paying attention as well as I should.  
Deadline is tight, again my fault

I will open this up to anyone wanting to review this.  PM me and I will get these out ASAP to mee the March 25th deadline.  YOu will need to meet that deadline

Beegerply

Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

appollo

I have to withdraw from this review I'm doing a review for the last two week.Unless your stuck :-(

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.