#1 Rated Humidor in the World

Started by bmac7754, 03/03/2015 03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmac7754

I saw this in the Cigar.com magazine. It's the Daniel Marshall 20th Anniversary Treasure Chest. The advertise it as the number 1 humidor in the world. Not sure what the hype is about, but also has a steep $900 price tag. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uXYQBYBmhck

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

ntanner

Wow, pretty proud of their stuff I guess.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

appollo

I would rather have the money in cigars and put them in a coolidor. :-)

bmac7754

I would gladly spend another $100 for another treasure dome and fill it full of cigars for allot less than that.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

sar127

We sold one of those at our shop for full price this last xmas if you can believe it. It's pretty dang nice but I don't know if it's worth the price...
Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

bmac7754

Quotesar127 - 3/3/2015  6:19 PM  We sold one of those at our shop for full price this last xmas if you can believe it. It's pretty dang nice but I don't know if it's worth the price...

Did you sell it to Arnold Schwarzenegger? The write up says he bought one for himself 

The Burn Ward

There's some awesome humidors out there. How does one determine which is the best?

SparklePony

QuoteThe Burn Ward - 3/3/2015  6:41 PM  There's some awesome humidors out there. How does one determine which is the best?

Marketing.  
Yes, it's a pineapple hat.  No, you can't put your cigar out in it.

sar127

In this case, the Gubernator's stamp of approval?  :confused:
Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

Ted

QuoteSparklePony - 3/3/2015  4:51 PM  
QuoteThe Burn Ward - 3/3/2015  6:41 PM  There's some awesome humidors out there. How does one determine which is the best?

Marketing.  

Then there has to be a Gurkha humidor out there that beats this.

mountainsmoker

QuoteTed - 3/3/2015  5:12 PM

Then there has to be a Gurkha humidor out there that beats this.

[/QUOTE] :lmao:  :lmao:

Kman

$900 Sheesh. This must be the humidor to hold the "Rolls Royce of Cigars". For $900 you could have yourself a cabinet.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

timpellis

Why would anyone want 24 karat gold hardware? First off it has to be plating because it would be much more expensive if it wasn't and second 24k gold is soft and would not hold up very well. I like the 29,500 humidor on eBay much better so I am saving up for that one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elie-Bleu-Limited-Edition-Cabinet-Humidor-/221447602318?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item338f4e408e

McBryde

"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Kid Montana

I'd rather have a cigar...

bigjohn20081983

Seems like an OK looking humidor but looks can be deceiving. If I am spending that much on something to store cigars in I feel there are better options for the money. Hell you may even have some money left to buy cigars if you do it right.
You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

Cfickter

In the end it can be the best humidor in the world but if you don't maintain it properly it is just an expensive box to hold bad cigars.  I really didn't see much special about it.
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Hot Stuff x

That looks like something some guy's wife would buy for him for anniversary or birthday, not knowing anything about the subject.  She goes into a fine tobacconist and tell them she's looking for a gift and has a $1000 budget.  They convince her this is the #1 humidor (whatever that means) etc.   She buys it hook, line, and sinker, and hubby gets a new (ludicrously expensive) desktop humi.  

For me, if I'm gonna budget those kinda bones for a desktop humidor, I'm going with something custom made by some talented woodworking craftsman.  

But like many of you, although I appreciate quality products, I don't personally think this is a good value.
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

Vroomp

I'll put this one up against that thing any day! This was only $140 and keeps absolutely perfect humidity with just one Boveda pack. It is now going on three years old(and is completely filled) and is the most stable humi I own..... :shades:

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

McBryde

I have that same humi Brad, just different verneer on the outside. Mine keeps humidity awesomely!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

bstessl

You've got that thing stocked nicely too!
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

Jackal

This is from a company that sells $220 cigars.  I don't think that a $900 humidor is all that outrageous from them.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Vroomp

Quotebstessl - 3/4/2015  3:12 PM  You've got that thing stocked nicely too!

Brian, it's gone through quite a few transitions since that pic was taken a couple years ago. The addition of the other tower has allowed me to clean it up a good bit! It used to have a double layer on top and no room in the bottom!

It can hold up to 75 if packed neatly.......

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Jay'D

Sooooo ummmm.....were anyone else waiting to hear just how much cigars it's supposed to hold...to me that's the most important bit of information over the gold plated hinges and tassel key.... Ehh :confused:  :confused:
Last name Hungry first name Always

My hobby collection | http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Jay%27D

MacMac

Wow, that's pricey. for now, I'll stick w/ my ZipLoc container. I has kept my cigars at 75% humidity for over 4 months. May I'll by a "real" humidor someday.
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.