Papas Fritas New Look and Lower Price?

Started by Vroomp, 03/24/2015 01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vroomp

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

StogieDad

They will probably drop even more than MSRP once there are some boxes out there.  Sweeeeet!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Mojo66

That is a Grrrreat news. I love those and always felt the price was a bit high so I'll be welcoming this with an open wallet :biggrin:
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

The Burn Ward

Mojo66

QuoteThe Burn Ward - 3/24/2015  4:45 PM  I forsee them being $3 a piece.

At that price I want a full 50 ct box.

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Vroomp

I wouldn't doubt that cabs will be $150-$175 very soon!
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

BewareDaPenguin

"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

Otter

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

05Venturer

They are a great little smoke but I have always thought them to be a bit overpriced for what they are ( leftovers from larger cigars).
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

johncw

sjn1117

why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

cajun600

sweet, looking forward to that. never had one!

toby2

lower price is always good news! i always thought they were way overpriced for loose fill cigars. still do even at the reduced price.

Cigary

This is a good cigar and needs to be proportionate to the size/price.  It's not a cigar that lasts very long but when the price point meets the value that's when I buy them by the box...at $3 and change it's very boxworthy.

BigHop

I might be more willing to try these at $3.00 price point.

Joelala

These were a good smoke even at their old price, not something I would buy a lot of, but none the less, they will be even better when the price comes down
Joe

quickme

they're good sticks and I do like the tins they came in.  Hopefully they don't change in strength, taste and/or quality after the new packaging.

appollo

Look forword to tring them when the price comes down.Sounds like a good stick :thumbsup:

sar127

Not to stray off topic, but talking about small cigars and low price points, have you guys seen/smoked the LFD NAS? That tiny little bugger goes for $7-8!!! This price is a steal compared to that!
Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

Cigary

Quotesar127 - 3/25/2015  12:42 PM  Not to stray off topic, but talking about small cigars and low price points, have you guys seen/smoked the LFD NAS? That tiny little bugger goes for $7-8!!! This price is a steal compared to that!

Have you done a review on this....I'd love to see what you have to say about it.

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

StogieDad

I have never researched a purchase of these, just had stragglers.  But I got an email from Anthonys Cigar Emporium offering a pretty good price it appears for the old tins.  $135 - 10% comes to $4.33 per.  Use code papas10.  Thought somebody may be interested.  May find em cheaper if they are trying to offload old packaging, but didn't seem bad pricing from what I have seen.

http://www.anthonyscigars.com/product-line/liga-privada-unico-serie
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Brlesq

I heard that they would not be making the tins anymore, so keep them as collector's items.  (I have thrown so many of these away!)
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

bmac7754

These are a good short smoke and a lower price point would definitely make them more wanted.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.