New Humidor arrived today

Started by timpellis, 04/10/2015 04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timpellis

I had been looking at towers and end tables for awhile now and finally got a great deal so I pulled the trigger. It showed up today on a truck that was entirely too big. Pics aren't great but I have been busy so I can take better ones later when it is seasoned and filled.

Rammstein142

Very nice! I wish I could snag a bigger humidor, hopefully soon I'll finally be able to pull it off lol!
"There is nothing more agreeable than having a place where one can throw on the floor as many cigar butts as one pleases without the subconscious fear of a maid who is waiting like a sentinel to place an ashtray where the ashes are going to fall."

"Ich kenne keine Parteien mehr, ich kenne nur noch Deutsche!" Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Die Schlacht ist gewonnen , haben die Engländer wurde völlig besiegt." Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource." John F. Kennedy

mpurtle01

Nice!  I need one...   my priorities are screwed up!  :biggrin:

Kman

Awesome!! Great looking humidor. Congrats!
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

sjn1117

why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

cavenbk

Congrats. Looks very nice
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

Brlesq

Looks like a Montegue (I have one, looks similar).  Is that correct?

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

headfirst

Wish I had the room for a nice piece like that.  Someday the kids will move out and I'll have a man cave...
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

SparklePony

Yes, it's a pineapple hat.  No, you can't put your cigar out in it.

mpurtle01

I beleive that is the Monteague.   Thats what I want...

timpellis

It is indeed a Montegue. Overall it looks very nice, the seal around the built in plug was not great, I fixed it as best I could but I guess a little airflow won't hurt. For the price I am very satisfied so far, we will see how well it holds humidity.

appollo

Brlesq

Quotetimpellis - 4/10/2015  8:01 PM

It is indeed a Montegue. Overall it looks very nice, the seal around the built in plug was not great, I fixed it as best I could but I guess a little airflow won't hurt. For the price I am very satisfied so far, we will see how well it holds humidity.

I had the same issue.  No, you don't want it to leak . . . you will lose humidity.  Go to Home Depot and get some rubber window/door seal tape and take the outlet off (two screws, I believe).  Seal it up and around the gaps and reinstall the outlet.  Much easier to do that now then to do it after you load it up!

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

NebNorse

"I'll come back as soon as I can with as much as I can. In the meantime, you've got to hold!" - As spoken to General Wainright by General MacArthur in March of 1942

My Cigar smells better than YOUR FEEDLOT!

Mojo66

Such a nice piece, your cigars will be happy in there  :biggrin:

I've been contemplating a tower for a long time now but just can't spend that much $ as we are getting killed here in Canada as far as prices go compared to similar units in the US
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

timpellis

That is what I did before I even flipped it back over after putting the legs on, I laid down some sealant that I had used to great effect when I converted an old piece of furniture into a humidor (This replaces that it was just too small and I have no other furniture that I am allowed to humidify). All sealed up there around the plug so it shouldn't be an issue, I just assume that it will have some leakage around the front, I don't really trust a two door system. If I have trouble I may put some very thin stripping on but I don't think I will need it.

Brlesq

Quotetimpellis - 4/10/2015  8:53 PM

That is what I did before I even flipped it back over after putting the legs on, I laid down some sealant that I had used to great effect when I converted an old piece of furniture into a humidor (This replaces that it was just too small and I have no other furniture that I am allowed to humidify). All sealed up there around the plug so it shouldn't be an issue, I just assume that it will have some leakage around the front, I don't really trust a two door system. If I have trouble I may put some very thin stripping on but I don't think I will need it.

I have not had leakage at the doors or drawer SO LONG as you keep hem locked (keeps i tight)
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Cigary

Love these as I keep seeing them around but my heritage doesn't allow me to spend that kind of coin on stuff like that...maybe one day.  Congrats on the purchase.

Otter

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

ntanner

I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

ninfiction

Beautiful, one day after I refinish my basement that's what I'm getting.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Camshaft83

Very nice humidor brotha.  :bigthumbs:
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

timpellis

Thanks everyone, can't wait to fill it. Wish it came pre-humidified!

mpurtle01

Tim, was this a 1 year cigar geeks member anniversary gift to yourself?

terrys1991

Very nice! Congratulations on your new humidor
"I feel a whole lot more like I do right now, than I did a while ago"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.