May Member Sponsored Geek Critique (First Two Weeks)

Started by junglepete, 04/11/2015 05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

his Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by kxthor911 (Nick).

The Cigar: Zino Platinum LE 2013 "The Make of Los Angeles" (6 x 54)

The Hype: Zino, one of the premier maker of the highest-quality cigars, set out to make a new Collector's Edition that embodied the experience of Los Angeles. They enlisted street artist and photographer Burton Machen to bring together four elements of Los Angeles for the box artwork: movies, cars, tattoos and music. According to Zino, these Toros feature a blend of "special tobacco varieties such as San Vincente Mejorado Visus, Piloto Visus, Olor/ Piloto Visus, San Vicente Mejorado Visus and San Vicente Mejorado Seco," that create "innovative aromas that offer inspiring pleasure." Zino's cigars are always immaculately rolled to provide the perfect burn and draw, on top of delivering easy-going and enjoyable flavors.

The Reviewers:

1. sjn1117
2. kidmontana
3. stogiedad
4. sar127
5. nirab

Due Date: April 25, 2015

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this new initiative in place.

Thanks again to Nick for taking this one on and providing the cigar. THANKS!! And happy smokin'  :smoker:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

sar127

Received today, thanks for all the extras bud!! :dancing:
Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

nirab

Got mine on Saturday, thanks for the hitchhikers Nick!!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

SparklePony

A cigar that embodies the spirit of Los Angeles, huh?  I feel like it should be a much bigger cigar.  You know, so you can smoke it during the three hour commutes!  :shy:
Yes, it's a pineapple hat.  No, you can't put your cigar out in it.

sjn1117

why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

sar127

Review in, thanks for the opportunity Nick!
Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

junglepete

Last day to smoke and review folks....enjoy!
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Kid Montana

Quotejunglepete - 4/25/2015  1:29 PM

Last day to smoke and review folks....enjoy!

I got mine last Monday but I've had a cold and had to hold off writing my critique.  I'll get it done in the next two days.  My apologies for the snafu.

I'd rather have a cigar...

sjn1117

I biffed this one too and let the date slip me. I will have it by tomorrow. I apologize.
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

nirab

I will submit my review tonight. I was out of town and the TCF, and totally forgot about this, sorry y'all.  :-(

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

StogieDad

Mine has been submitted, thanks for sending me this one Nick!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

nirab

Review has been submitted. Thanks Nick!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Kid Montana

Thanks Nick for a great smoke.  I pulled up the rear on this one on account of a dentist visit yesterday but I really enjoyed this one.

I'd rather have a cigar...

Mojo66

Nice reviews, interesting enough read I want to try it now.

It's good to see the GC back on track.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.