Noob Live4Cigars

Started by live4cigars, 04/12/2015 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

live4cigars

Greetings all! I've been lurking for long enough and Erik made certain I could do so no longer by blowing up my mailbox already! Thanks Erik, now how am I gonna explain that to my neighbors? BTW, you owe the mailman a stick.

While a newbie here, I'm actually a cigar vet who has been smoking for 25 years, but I became truly obsessed (thanks CBid. bastids!) the past 3 years and now have a pretty serious and large collection. I've even added customized cigars to the concierge services I provide in NYC as a sideline. Professionally I'm mostly an arts nerd, having left grad school (Poli Sci & PRChina) before completing the PhD, in order to "follow my bliss" and, after many years as an extra-curricular Jazz DJ, take a position as a jazz and classical record label exec in Boston. From there, I've had a number of jobs in arts management from launching a "fine art street fair" in Amherst, MA to managing performing arts venue & art gallery back home in NYC after my divorce. No kids luckily!

After working for a nightmare boss for almost five years, I opened an art gallery in the artistically burgeoning Lower East Side (LES) for a few years that actually became a real 'scene', but gave that up a couple years ago to freelance as an independent art dealer and NYC concierge services provider. After that last job, I vowed never again to work for someone else! Currently, I'm trying to split my time between NYC, caring for my elderly parents, and visiting the new love of my life in Brasilia, Brazil. Feel free to contact me re cigars, NYC nightlife, or art anytime. Looking forward to meeting, herfing, bombing, and smoking with everyone. May you forever enjoy long ashes, Marc.

05Venturer

:welcome: from NW WI. Thanks for joining us and great introduction.
 :thumbsup:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Vroomp

:welcome:  to the site form Atlanta!
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

benchjockey

Welcome from South Florida, Marc.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Longhorn

Caveman Steve

Welcome!  from PA

I may need some NYC advice soon since my daughter, who is a high school sophomore wants to go to FIT.  Not sure if she can handle the "big city". 

"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

bigjohn20081983

Welcome from Florida.
You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

The Burn Ward

Welcome to CG. Nice intro.

johncw

Welcome from St. Louis

BewareDaPenguin

"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

bmac7754

Welcome to the group
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

cavenbk

Welcome from PA. Very nice intro. It sounds like you have worn many hats over the years
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

mchammer

Welcome from Massachusetts. I've spent time in all the same places you've frequent. I went to college in Amherst, MA and use to live in New York. I still go there from time to time. When I do my friends and I go to Circa Tabac on Watts street in SOHO for a smoke.

cajun600

Wow, great intro and quite a story!

:welcome: from TN!

biggsy16

Welcome from Calgary
Never done being a Dad

nirab

Welcome from beeuutaful Buda, Texas!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

NebNorse

Welcome from Nebraska!
"I'll come back as soon as I can with as much as I can. In the meantime, you've got to hold!" - As spoken to General Wainright by General MacArthur in March of 1942

My Cigar smells better than YOUR FEEDLOT!

Mojo66

Welcome from Montreal
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

lubrix

Welcome!, Enjoy the site!.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Kevin48438

Welcome to the group!
"I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

"There are two things worth living for, one is a good cigar, the other is a better one." - Unknown

live4cigars

Hey there former Ma-hole. FYI, Circa recently changed their name to Soho Cigar Bar, redesigned the interior, added food, bumped up their bar game, AND launched their own pretty decent cigar line. Haven't been there in a bit. Need to change that, so thanks for the reminder!

live4cigars

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Hey, how do you get those fun quotes on posts, by using them as a signature or is there a random generator somewhere? Love those.

05Venturer

Quotelive4cigars - 4/12/2015  1:36 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Hey, how do you get those fun quotes on posts, by using them as a signature or is there a random generator somewhere? Love those.
Find something you like and add it to your signature line in your account

Some badges must be earned  :lmao:  :lmao:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

McBryde

Welcome aboard from Arkansas!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

appollo

:welcome: From Nova Scotia Canada.Enjoy the site

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.