How much will you pay a humidor?

Started by melody, 04/17/2015 01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

melody

how much is your price range? Let's talk about it.

$100 for maximum to my way of thinking. How about you?

Brlesq

I won't pay more than $35.  You must be rich!   :-0

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Ken Kelley

Well, wood has gone up lately but I won't pay more than $8 or $9 per board foot for walnut and may go as high as $7.50 for Spanish Cedar!  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Ken Kelley

QuoteBrlesq - 4/16/2015  6:36 PM

I won't pay more than $35.  You must be rich!   :-0

A minute ago you were willing to go $99.99! Are you having waffles for breakfast?  :biggrin:

Newbhunter

I built mine for about 400$ including the Cigar Oasis...  Baltic birch outer box lined with 1/4" spanish cedar planks. @ trays made entirely of the same spanish cedar plank sit inside. Hold about 325 sticks.

sjn1117

If your set a $100 max, you'd better stick to tupperdors and coolers :biggrin:
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

appollo

Built my own also .Oak plywood exterior all lined with spanish cedar along with trays.Holds about 300.Its not quite full yet but will be soon when I get back in a couple weeks from ISOM.Probably got about 150.00 into it.

Mojo66

Depends on the humidor, it's function etc.

Some I paid well over $500.00, beautiful pieces that will last a lifetime, and that was to me quite expensive for 200 count desktops but they are amazingly made and have been keeping RH pretty equal for many years now. They are decorative as well as useful but very small for the cost. When I bought them I wasn't a geek and did not spend time with a bunch op enablers  :biggrin:

If I had known then what I know now I would have gone for a Tower. A tower I'd be ready to pay up to $2000.00 but it would have to have full climate control for it to be interesting. The problem with that is that in Canada, we are getting killed by the prices. Plus I can't really justify spending that much while I have invested in 4 wooden humidors, a Wineador 2 coolerdors and the additional tupperdors.

Anyone (local) want to buy my wineador and/or a few wooden humidors, they are up for sale, I'll give you a good price :biggrin:
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

headfirst

I used cigarbid to get a Versailles humidor.  It's very high quality IMO and holds the humidity fairly constant, I'm very happy with it and paid something like $75.

I recently bought a foot locker humidor for $140.  123stores has the best price on that one.  To me that is a fantastic value for a humidor that easily holds 300 sticks and you can actually fit some cigar boxes in there.

Once the kids are old enough and I don't need a lock and key for the humidor I do want a full climate control unit like a NewAir.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Longhorn

So, the question is: "How much will you pay a humidor?"

The answer is nothing.

How much money do you make?   :-0

Newbhunter

QuoteMojo66 - 4/17/2015  9:31 AM  Anyone (local) want to buy my wineador and/or a few wooden humidors, they are up for sale, I'll give you a good price :biggrin:

depends how many sticks come with it! 

Mojo66

QuoteLonghorn - 4/17/2015  10:02 AM  So, the question is: "How much will you pay a humidor?"  The answer is nothing.  How much money do you make?   :-0

I would not pay a humidor anything but I would pay for a humidor :biggrin:

As far as money goes, I for one don't make enough to feed my passion

Mojo66

QuoteNewbhunter - 4/17/2015  10:06 AM  

QuoteMojo66 - 4/17/2015  9:31 AM  Anyone (local) want to buy my wineador and/or a few wooden humidors, they are up for sale, I'll give you a good price :biggrin:

Everything has a price and all can be arranged Pat :biggrin:  

Camshaft83

To me it depends on size and quality of the humidor itself. Right now I have a couple 150 count desktops I paid around 100 a piece for.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Newbhunter

QuoteMojo66 - 4/17/2015  10:19 AM  
QuoteNewbhunter - 4/17/2015  10:06 AM  

Everything has a price and all can be arranged Pat :biggrin:  

Now if only i wasn't so poor! 
btw, nice weather is finally upon us and my patio set is on my porch, lemme know when u can herf! 

johncw

I feed my humidors but don't pay them.

Cfickter

You can get a decent humidor for $100 but it will max out at about 100 sticks (all coronas of course).  If that is all you need for inventory then that is the way to go.  My recommendation is using the metric method.  Figure out how many cigars you want to keep at home, then double it and add 32!
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Longhorn

QuoteMojo66 - 4/17/2015  10:18 AM

QuoteLonghorn - 4/17/2015  10:02 AM  So, the question is: "How much will you pay a humidor?"  The answer is nothing.  How much money do you make?   :-0

Ha! My question wasn't meant to be answered... frankly, I don't think it's appropriate to ask people what they pay for stuff.  Nunya!   :biggrin:

mpurtle01

QuoteKen Kelley - 4/17/2015  6:37 AM

Well, wood has gone up lately but I won't pay more than $8 or $9 per board foot for walnut and may go as high as $7.50 for Spanish Cedar!  :biggrin:

Whose wood??   :censored:

Mojo66

QuoteLonghorn - 4/17/2015  12:16 PM  
QuoteMojo66 - 4/17/2015  10:18 AM  

Ha! My question wasn't meant to be answered... frankly, I don't think it's appropriate to ask people what they pay for stuff.  Nunya!   :biggrin:

I taught you were joking, sorry I didn't catch that. I have to agree that it's a very personal matter but also very cultural. I have met people from countries where discussing salary in the open is common and accepted socially. Others, like France, where it's real bad taste to talk about money, cost of stuff you own or salary. I guess it all depends on your upbringing and culture.

I have to put my sarcasm reading glasses on, I should not have missed that.  :shy:

Cigary

Humidors are personal items for us...I don't like overpaying for sure and when I bought my first one that holds 250 I think I paid about $400 and that was 15 years ago when I was making good money.  I bought 4 more and stopped buying them and started using tupperware....wish I had bought the tupperadors from the beginning.

Ken Kelley

Quotempurtle01 - 4/17/2015  12:20 AM

QuoteKen Kelley - 4/17/2015  6:37 AM

Whose wood??   :censored:

Buy her some flowers and a box of candy and that problem will get taken care of!  :biggrin:

Longhorn

QuoteMojo66 - 4/17/2015  2:03 PM

... I have to put my sarcasm reading glasses on, I should not have missed that.  :shy:

No worries, brother!  New guy hops on the forums and starts asking how much we pay for stuff... triggered my "curmudgeoneous".  If he had posted an intro thread I'd rolled out the welcome mat!   :biggrin:

horrido

Do I need to trade in my wife first then answer then question or is this a question that I don't think she will see then react to? Ummm maybe a wife for a huge humidor is a fair trade .....maybe? I am so confused now.....lol
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

Mojo66

Quotehorrido - 4/17/2015  5:52 PM  Do I need to trade in my wife first then answer then question or is this a question that I don't think she will see then react to? Ummm maybe a wife for a huge humidor is a fair trade .....maybe? I am so confused now.....lol

Mark, I hope for your sake she doesn't know about CG and doesn't happen to read this :biggrin:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.