Re: How about this Humidor?

Started by Camshaft83, 04/20/2015 05:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camshaft83

Not made by I'm sure but made with Spanish cedar wood. Spanish cedar is definitely what you want it made out of or at least lined with.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Longhorn

That's what you want... Spanish Cedar.

melody

It says made with Spanish Cedar Wood and priced $109.99. Is that OK?
I'm a new one and would be nice to listen to your recommendation.

bigjohn20081983

Unless you want it for looks I would say build a tupperdor instead.
You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

McBryde

That is a little overpriced IMHO for what it is. Where are you located at? You can usually find good deals on craigslist on them. If you want super cheap, you can use a tupperware tub. There are many many options!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

bmac7754

This seems really high priced for a small humidor. I would spend the $100 on a treasure dome which will hold 5 times the amount.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

17leaves

I agree with the tupperware option. If you need more space (you probably will if you hang around here long enough :biggrin:) you can always upgrade to a coollidor. Another option, if you want a show piece, is the Boveda acrylic humidor.

http://www.bovedainc.com/store/tobacco/boveda-acrylic-humidor/

Jay'D

I'm pretty new myself and i don't think i will shell out that much, looks like it holds like 50 or so. For 100 you can get something bigger to start off with.
Last name Hungry first name Always

My hobby collection | http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Jay%27D

ntanner

Price is Hi for sure. I would spend more time looking.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Hot Stuff x

Looks fine, probably a bit too small though.
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

05Venturer

Remember also, you don't want to get a humidor that is too big. You want to be able to keep it fairly full of cigars to keep your humidity in check.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

melody

Quote17leaves - 4/19/2015  7:44 PM

I agree with the tupperware option. If you need more space (you probably will if you hang around here long enough :biggrin:) you can always upgrade to a coollidor. Another option, if you want a show piece, is the Boveda acrylic humidor.

http://www.bovedainc.com/store/tobacco/boveda-acrylic-humidor/

Thx for your suggestion. But I would prefer the wood-made.  :biggrin:

melody

Quote05Venturer - 4/20/2015  2:45 AM

Remember also, you don't want to get a humidor that is too big. You want to be able to keep it fairly full of cigars to keep your humidity in check.

Yep. This one is enough to hold my sticks at least now.  :-)

Mojo66

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Mojo66

Isn't that a double post Melody?

By the way, tell us more about yourself. Where are you located, what cigars do you like.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Newbhunter

Been there done that, When i started on this site had 1 small humi like that one. Within a month of being a geek i was up to 3 like that one and a couple smaller ones. I'd spent 500$ on humidors and still didnt have that much storage...  Splurged, spent 400$ on supplies and built my own to hold about 325 sticks. All in one place means less maintenance, which is even less since its cigar oasis...  Save your $$$, buy/build a big one or go the tupperdor/wineador route, alot more cost effective in the long run.

melody

QuoteMojo66 - 4/20/2015  5:58 AM

Isn't that a double post Melody?

By the way, tell us more about yourself. Where are you located, what cigars do you like.

Yep I don't know why I double post it. But now it's combined now. Thx for the forum administrator.

melody

QuoteHot Stuff x - 4/20/2015  5:58 AM

Looks fine, probably a bit too small though.

Maybe a bit small for large quantity. I would think about it. Here is the description.

TateModern humidor Stores 30 Fine Cigar-Tobacco Products Remain Fresh- Ready to Smoke
    Optimal Storage- Cedar Divider, 1 round humidifier and 1 hygrometer with brass frame
    The Medium Sized Designer Humidor- Latest Seal-Tight Design, Lined with Spanish Cedar
    Gold-plated Quadrant Hinges, Scratch-Resistant Felt-Lined Bottom-Complements any Home Decor
    Package included: 1* Humidor, 1* humidifier, 1* hygrometer, 1* Divider. Size: 26 * 23 * 10 CM (L x W x H)

http://www.amazon.com/TateModern-Spanish-Humidor-Cigars-Storage/dp/B00PJJQ3BC/

McBryde

Tell us more about yourself Melody. Where are you from? What kinds of cigars do you like?

E

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

McBryde

http://www.amazon.com/Quality-Importers-Amalfi-Antique-Humidor/dp/B0055QM9VW/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hg_10?ie=UTF8&refRID=0PJQ3D8N03HYHYPYMR9G

This one was in the look at these on the bottom of the page when I opened your link. There are lots of humidors that are better than that one you listed, in quality, quantity and in price.

E

melody

QuoteMcBryde - 4/20/2015  6:09 PM

Tell us more about yourself Melody. Where are you from? What kinds of cigars do you like?

E

I'm living in California. And I like double claro. How about you, Bryde?  :-)

melody

QuoteMcBryde - 4/20/2015  6:12 PM

http://www.amazon.com/Quality-Importers-Amalfi-Antique-Humidor/dp/B0055QM9VW/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hg_10?ie=UTF8&refRID=0PJQ3D8N03HYHYPYMR9G

This one was in the look at these on the bottom of the page when I opened your link. There are lots of humidors that are better than that one you listed, in quality, quantity and in price.

E

Could you recommend some for me? :-)

McBryde

A lot of it is personal preference in the outside look of the humidor. Most of the fairly cheap ones are just that, cheap, whether it is cheaply made, or cheap looking. I have seen some humidors that were really well build but ugly go for some really high prices, and vise versa. At present, mid move, I have 4 humidors that I am running. One is a POS that is cheaply made which struggles to hold humidity, but is larger, and then I have 2 desktop humidors that hold humidity very well. All 3 of those are wood humidors, one particle board with cedar lining. The 4th one that I have has all of my pipe smoking tobacco in it. It is an acrylic humidor that holds humidity PERFECTLY! Before I moved, I was running an ice chest that I kept in the closet, and the 2 smaller humidors. The ice chest by far has been the best route that I have gone. It keeps perfect humidity, and it allowed for LOTS of room. As far as looks go, it is not the best though, and is why I kept it in the closet.

This one is one that my wife bought me as a present that I use now as my desktop. Would I have bought it, probably not, I would have bought something bigger, as I know how many cigars can accumulate over time, and she doesn't. But, I will say, it is a dang good humidor, and keeps perfect humidity. Now that I have it, I'm glad that she got it, as it holds better humidity than either of my other wood ones. It will hold about 100 cigars packed full. It might hold 150 little cigars. I don't know what size cigars they use for their capacity, but it isn't actual sized cigars that most of us will have in there.

http://www.thompsoncigar.com/product/NEW-YORK-150-COUNT-HUMIDOR/74910.uts?subCategoryId=8393&categoryId=8393&parentCategoryId=8389

What type are you looking for? All wood? Wood with glass? Acrylic? Plastic? Are you going to be using it for a show piece? Is it going to be hidden in the closet? Just a few questions to help you limit the search.

A small good looking one can also be kept in sight and a large crappy looking one can be hidden!

E

alexlee

vincent_

oh I have bought it and just received. Looks good. The quality looks fine. Hope I can use it for several years. It's my second humidor. Maybe I should clean it regularly coz it's easy to leave fingerprints.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.