I got Dion! Illusione event at Burning Leaf September 25

Started by podman28, 09/10/2009 05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

podman28

I was given the project of setting up an event for Illusione cigars. When I was down in New Orleans I had a chance to talk with Dion Giolito about it. Well we set up an event for September 25 with our broker and I then called a friend over at Illusione. I got a call today saying it is 95% positive that Dion Giolito himself will be in our place for the event! It should be a huge day for us and a lot of fun.  :dancing:  :dancing:  :biggrin:

Jackal

Very cool.  :cheers:

I still have to try the Illusiones.  Are they as good as the hype?

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

podman28

QuoteJackal - 9/10/2009  5:46 PM

I would say yes. Better ask Mountedshriner about them. :shades:

mountedshriner

Quotepodman28 - 9/10/2009  4:12 PM

QuoteJackal - 9/10/2009  5:46 PM

I would say yes. Better ask Mountedshriner about them. :shades:

They are HANDS DOWN, my favorite cigar! Which one? ALL OF THEM!! I have already started whinning and sniveling to my wife about the fact that I am out of Illusiones :cry:  I am preparing her for a big hit on my CC when the Illusione man drops by Tim's B&M. Cigars are so subjective, but for my $$, Illusione's cannot be beat. You won't be disappointed Jason. If you are, just send them off to me and I will pick up the tab. Hey Tim, PM me when the Illusione moon is in it's proper place in the heavens and we will talk. :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing: Thanks Tim!!
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Jackal

I'm going to take that as a yes they are good  :lmao:

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

podman28

Anyone that would like to make an order for the event can PM me with what they are looking for. I am not sure on the deals at this point but you can be sure you will get a signed box with a purchase. :biggrin:

DonM

QuoteJackal - 9/10/2009  6:46 PM

I have had only one, and yes, it was Awesome and recommended

"The Curmudgeon"

mountedshriner

As most of you know, Illusione's are my favorite smoke. I just want to say that the upcoming Illusione event at Tim's B&M this Friday (9/25) is a great opportunity to try these wonderful cigars. I know that here in California they are almost impossible to find and they sell for a premium when you do find them ($2-$3 over suggested retail). The great thing about Tim's event is that for every five Illusione's you buy you get a freebie thrown in. Therefore if you buy a box of 25 (20% off by the way) you end up w/a free five pack of your choice. Tim is super about shipping them out and taking care of all the details. Regardless, these are great cigars and I hope everyone gets the opportunity to try them soon.  :smoker:
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

podman28

Thanks Dennis but the box discount is 10%. I was able to get you 20% because you got 3 boxes. I really appreciate it. Also, anyone ordering will get a 5-pack for each box so in your case it will be 15 free cigars(almost another box). Also it is a great opportunity to get a signed box as Dion doesn't travel very often. This is the first time he has been in the Midwest and we are honored to have him in-house.:biggrin:

mountedshriner

Quotepodman28 - 9/22/2009  11:28 AM

Thanks Dennis but the box discount is 10%. I was able to get you 20% because you got 3 boxes. I really appreciate it. Also, anyone ordering will get a 5-pack for each box so in your case it will be 15 free cigars(almost another box). Also it is a great opportunity to get a signed box as Dion doesn't travel very often. This is the first time he has been in the Midwest and we are honored to have him in-house.:biggrin:

Sorry about the misinformation Tim! OK fellow herfers, but three boxes and you get 15 cigars for free, great bonus. With the 3 box discount you are WAY ahead of the game and in possession of some of the finest cigars available anywhere! Pushing these cigars doesn't benefit me in the least but I am just anxious for my fellow CG members to try a great cigar! A signed box by Dion Giolito is just icing on the cake. Thanks for taking the time to follow this thread :biggrin:

podman28

Today is the day! A few Geeks have shown interest and I appreciate it. If anyone else wants to take advantage of the event special shoot me a pm for all information.  :dancing:  :dancing:  :biggrin:

podman28

Here are some pics from what was a great night! :biggrin:

Anthony

_____

podman28

QuoteAnthony - 10/2/2009  5:44 PM

Great pics!  (what's w/the monkey statue??)

The monkey is kind of like a mascot near the computer. It hold the cutters we use at the shop for guys smoking there.

lowpro75

That looks like it was a good time.  I can't believe you got Dion to pet your monkey! :biggrin:
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

mountedshriner

Quotelowpro75 - 10/3/2009  7:43 AM

That looks like it was a good time.  I can't believe you got Dion to pet your monkey! :biggrin:

NO RESPECT!! :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao: Great pix Tim!! Looks like a great time.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.