America's oldest vet turns 109. Celebrates with a cigar.

Started by MT21, 05/07/2015 07:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT21

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

ninfiction

109 and still driving, drinking and smoking cigars. Crazy.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Kman

That's awesome!! Hey Nirab, how about finding this guy's address so we can bomb him? :biggrin:
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

benchjockey

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Mojo66

QuoteKman - 5/7/2015  11:24 AM  That's awesome!! Hey Nirab, how about finding this guy's address so we can bomb him? :biggrin:

That is a great idea. All I could find is that he still lives in the same house he built in 1945 in East Austin after returning from active duty. I guess it wouldn't be too hard to figure out the rest but I have no more time to spend on this today.

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Jackal

God Bless and thank you for your service Mr. Overton   :usa: :thanx:  :happybday:  :smoker:

Tried to find his address through online search, but am coming up blank.  Full name is Richard Arvine Overton for anyone who wants to search.  If you find it, I would love to send him a bomb for his birthday (May 11).

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

StogieDad

We could have put together a "site bomb" from a bunch of geeks and really destroyed the fella!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

StogieDad

-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

appollo

Jackal

Quotenirab - 5/7/2015  1:44 PM

I could deliver it to him!  :biggrin:

If you want to take that honor, we can get cigars out to you.  His birthday is in 4 days.  Let us know so I can get it in the mail on time.

The man claims to smoke up to 12 cigars a day, so they probably won't be wasted.

nirab

QuoteJackal - 5/7/2015  4:54 PM

Quotenirab - 5/7/2015  1:44 PM

I could deliver it to him!  :biggrin:

If you want to take that honor, we can get cigars out to you.  His birthday is in 4 days.  Let us know so I can get it in the mail on time.

I would love to deliver these on behalf of all us geeks. Whatever is shipped to me, I will add on my donation, and proudly deliver them!  :biggrin:  :angel:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Jackal

I will put some sticks in priority post tonight.  Should be there by Monday.

StogieDad

I'll put some in the mail tomorrow Brian.  Too cool!
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Jackal

I will be on the V-Herf tonight.  I will see if any of them want to pitch in too.

1029henry

"What a kid I got, I told him about the birds and the bees and he told me about the butcher and my wife"

"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them"

"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met"
-Rodney Dangerfield

Longhorn

QuoteJackal - 5/7/2015  6:16 PM

I will be on the V-Herf tonight.  I will see if any of them want to pitch in too.

Will drop some sticks in the mail too.

Brian, when do you plan to deliver?

ebernabe

I will send some  to you Friday or Saturday.

Cfickter

Hope I am not too late, can I ship on Monday?  I can try for Saturday shipment
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

nirab

QuoteLonghorn - 5/7/2015  10:40 PM

How about we give everyone a week to send sticks, and I will try to deliver around the 16th, which is also Armed Forces Day. Could be great timing.  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

StogieDad

Quotenirab - 5/8/2015  9:09 AM

QuoteLonghorn - 5/7/2015  10:40 PM

How about we give everyone a week to send sticks, and I will try to deliver around the 16th, which is also Armed Forces Day. Could be great timing.  :biggrin:

Great!  This is going to be so cool!
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Cfickter

Great Idea, will get mine on the way!  Thanks for organizing
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Kman

Mine are on the way Brian!! Thanks again for doing this
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.