Addresses not showing up

Started by terrys1991, 05/09/2015 05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrys1991

I can't see members addresses anymore. Is anyone else experiencing this problem or is it something on my end? 

"I feel a whole lot more like I do right now, than I did a while ago"

Vroomp

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

StogieDad

No problem here.  Make sure you are logged in, sometimes my phone logs me off, which wouldn't let you see them.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

terrys1991

Yeah I did that, not sure what's going on thought maybe I checked or unchecked something in my account profile by accident didn't see anything that would cause it though.

bigjohn20081983

I doubt this works but at the bottom of the page there is a option to Delete all cookies set by this site. You could try that then clean your browser cache and cookies and restart your browser and sign back in. Like I said I doubt it fixes it but its worth a try.
You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

Camshaft83

Quotebigjohn20081983 - 5/9/2015  7:40 AM

I doubt this works but at the bottom of the page there is a option to Delete all cookies set by this site. You could try that then clean your browser cache and cookies and restart your browser and sign back in. Like I said I doubt it fixes it but its worth a try.

^Worth a shot. Hope it works.^
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Camshaft83

Also maybe the member you are looking at took his address off?
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

nwb

There were new security measures put into place.  If you are looking to bomb someone, you can reach out to one of the vets of the site.  If it is a trade, you can always just ask the person.
Chief of Shaft

terrys1991

Quotenwb - 5/9/2015  9:11 AM  There were new security measures put into place.  If you are looking to bomb someone, you can reach out to one of the vets of the site.  If it is a trade, you can always just ask the person.

Ok I was getting a package ready to send to Brian (nirab) for Mr. Overton,  I've sent Brian a pm.

What are the new security measures?

Camshaft83

I think some members have decided not to post their address anymore because of a certain "issue".

05Venturer

Quoteterrys1991 - 5/9/2015  10:20 AM

Quotenwb - 5/9/2015  9:11 AM  There were new security measures put into place.  If you are looking to bomb someone, you can reach out to one of the vets of the site.  If it is a trade, you can always just ask the person.

Ok I was getting a package ready to send to Brian (nirab) for Mr. Overton,  I've sent Brian a pm.

What are the new security measures?

Top Secret from what I understand.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Vroomp

Think I saw somewhere it now takes 1000 points to see addresses..... :?:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

McBryde

QuoteCamshaft83 - 5/9/2015  10:37 AM

I think some members have decided not to post their address anymore because of a certain "issue".

Does this stem from the douchebag "issue"?

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

SenorPablo

QuoteMcBryde - 5/9/2015  1:29 PM

QuoteCamshaft83 - 5/9/2015  10:37 AM

Does this stem from the douchebag "issue"?

E

It does stem from that recent issue.  I have upped the new limit to 1000 points.  There was some concern about the ability for someone who might desire to be malicious to spend an evening logging enough entries to get 100 points and get a bunch of member addresses.  1000 would be a much taller task and likely set off some alarms with that much posting of things.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

MacMac

I've been pretty regular on the site since Feb and I have a little less than 500 points. So, at this rate it will be about 10 months to a year before, I'm trustworthy.
In some ways I see that as a long time and in other ways,...well it's up to the site to determine what is best.
AND I do have the option to go to someone who has the needed level, who I've interacted with to obtain an address or I can go directly to the person through a PM.
So...It is better to be safe than sorry.
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

cavenbk

QuoteMacMac - 7/13/2015 11:43 PM I've been pretty regular on the site since Feb and I have a little less than 500 points. So, at this rate it will be about 10 months to a year before, I'm trustworthy. In some ways I see that as a long time and in other ways,...well it's up to the site to determine what is best. AND I do have the option to go to someone who has the needed level, who I've interacted with to obtain an address or I can go directly to the person through a PM. So...It is better to be safe than sorry.

I know this was changed. We had an issue with a former "member" so the admins changed the requirements so that person cold no longer see addresses. I believe that's why it was changed at least

You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

danb6177

I like the requirement. It ensures a disgruntled person cannot make a new account and abuse the right to see addresses. If I need an address I pm a member. If I'm trusted he gives it to
Me. A good system imo.
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

MacMac

Quotedanb6177 - 7/14/2015  12:10 AM

I like the requirement. It ensures a disgruntled person cannot make a new account and abuse the right to see addresses. If I need an address I pm a member. If I'm trusted he gives it to
Me. A good system imo.

I agree. I think a I need to build the trust of those on this site. In this day and time we cannot be uncareful w/ addresses and such.

This is a small thing!! There should be no complaints!!

:word:
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

sevencardstud

"Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar." -Mark Twain

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.