Recommendations

Started by dddddmorgan, 05/11/2015 06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dddddmorgan

Well, I was given a pipe as a gift from my new son in law. Nothing fancy mind you buy it works dandy. 

So the question is "What to smoke?"

I've tried a couple of offerings from a tobacco store but I'm not pleased with any of them, therefore I'm ready to head to the real cigar shop but I hate shooting blind. 

I'm looking for something that's middle of the road, not harsh, and not terribly expensive.

If you've got something you'd like to sell me a bit of id be happy to send you my nickel collection :;-):

Looking forward to your input.

Molon Labe!

bigjohn20081983

Have you tried  Orlik Golden Sliced or McClelland Craftsbury Collection - Frog on the Bayou  before  both pretty good and not a bad price. Less than $9 per small tin (1.76oz) on pipes and cigars.
You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

Brlesq

I would defer to Kent (05venturer) on this.  He's the expert!  You might want to PM him

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Longhorn

QuoteBrlesq - 5/11/2015  10:12 PM

I would defer to Kent (05venturer) on this.  He's the expert!  You might want to PM him

X2  :thumbsup:

sjn1117

Aromatic, English, Virginia......What's your fancy?
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

danb6177

Ive been more and more intrigued with the whole pipe smoking thing. Been finding myself watching videos and looking stuff up. I think I may be pulling the trigger on a MM legend and some carter hall real soon ( I heard that's a good place to start out). Just looks like something I would really enjoy.
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

MacMac

I smoke a pipe YEARS ago. Back then Tinder Box shops were prevalent. I liked several of their blends, especially the Captain Spice.
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

bmac7754

I have always wanted to but its so much easier to smoke a cigar.  I agree with asking Kent and also try Bryan(metalheadycigarguy). He smokes pipes in his youtube videos.  Also poke around the todays smoke pipe forum, a lot of geeks post what they smoke in there.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

StogieDad

Tried it myself a while back.  Not to discourage, but not my thing.  Nothing bad, just ended up trading all my pipe stuff for cigars.  Good luck.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Joelala

Always been intrigued myself, just have never pulled the trigger on it
Joe

gitfiddl

What are you looking for?  Aromatic?  English?  Or you don't really know?

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

gitfiddl

Better question:  What have you tried that came close to what you're looking for?
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

horrido

I remember my dad using a aromatic Apple mix man did it smell good. I still think about 40 years later. Maybe something in that range?
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

ebernabe

Here's a link to an apple flavored tobacco at http://www.pipesandcigars.com/pipe-tobacco/72414/sutliff-apple-flavor/>Pipes and Cigars, http://www.eacarey.com/applepie.html>EA Carey and a http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/apple-blends>Discussion about apple tobacco.  

Quotehorrido - 7/18/2015  11:24 AM

I remember my dad using a aromatic Apple mix man did it smell good. I still think about 40 years later. Maybe something in that range?

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.